Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Skwirl posted:

Yes. Childless adults going to Disney Land/World freak me the gently caress out.

Rides are fun and people are allowed to like things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Having just been there like a few weeks ago, it's creepy to see grown men running around admiring the park with their grown up friends. Also there was a "attraction" which had you assemble ceramic lightsabers while some guy gave some exposition on star wars lore for 15 minutes and it cost $200.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Rides are fun and people are allowed to like things.

I've actually only been as an adult, and while the rides were fun, by far the best part was watching my girlfriend's 6 year old nephew flip the gently caress out about the characters. I just absolutely don't understand the appeal compared to the cost without that part.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Being an adult at disney is fine but the lamest poo poo ever is the existence of disney land "gangs"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Being an adult at disney is fine but the lamest poo poo ever is the existence of disney land "gangs"

Hahahha, what the hell is this about?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hahahha, what the hell is this about?

Probably this: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8gdqy5/the-punks-of-the-magic-kingdom

Which is pretty much just people being social in ways that other people don't really like.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Speaking of stupid things: y'all got any good idle games with no ads, or just a single payment option? I like numbers going up on my phone, y'see.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Polyseme posted:

Speaking of stupid things: y'all got any good idle games with no ads, or just a single payment option? I like numbers going up on my phone, y'see.

I just started Idle Skilling, seems like there's a lot of depth to it and no ads at all from what I can tell. I'm a bit bummed that it's landscape mode only, it makes it a lot harder to just pull my phone out in the middle of the day and upgrade some poo poo and put it away without being incredibly conspicuous about it.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

explosivo posted:

I just started Idle Skilling, seems like there's a lot of depth to it and no ads at all from what I can tell. I'm a bit bummed that it's landscape mode only, it makes it a lot harder to just pull my phone out in the middle of the day and upgrade some poo poo and put it away without being incredibly conspicuous about it.

I've been playing forever. There's a lot of plates spinning and it's very viable to play without spending any money with the arcade, bosses, and later the crypt giving you gems. Save your gems for the infinity forge, it's 100% required for later gameplay (smithing items cap at a billion items crafted at the turbo-endgame).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I've been playing forever. There's a lot of plates spinning and it's very viable to play without spending any money with the arcade, bosses, and later the crypt giving you gems. Save your gems for the infinity forge, it's 100% required for later gameplay (smithing items cap at a billion items crafted at the turbo-endgame).

That's all very good to hear and I appreciate the tips. I do have to ask though, is it just part of the routine to tap through all the menus every time you open the app to gather all the stuff you gained while offline or is there a way to get all of it at once?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

explosivo posted:

That's all very good to hear and I appreciate the tips. I do have to ask though, is it just part of the routine to tap through all the menus every time you open the app to gather all the stuff you gained while offline or is there a way to get all of it at once?

Nope, the game is pretty much check each section and update things accordingly while gaining your offline progress. There's a lot more to manage later with pets, farming/potions, spirits/rifts, contracts, two sets of raid bosses, spelunking, mastery achievements, crusades (infinitely scaling bosses)/ item tinkering, a secret basketball minigame that I 100% forget how to unlock.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Nope, the game is pretty much check each section and update things accordingly while gaining your offline progress. There's a lot more to manage later with pets, farming/potions, spirits/rifts, contracts, two sets of raid bosses, spelunking, mastery achievements, crusades (infinitely scaling bosses)/ item tinkering, a secret basketball minigame that I 100% forget how to unlock.

Sounds good. I'm really digging it so far but just wanted to clarify that bit.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Polyseme posted:

Spaceplan is $2 and scratches that itch

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Any good idle games that have come out recently? Looking for something I can just have on my desk and poke at every now and then

Hopefully something with more depth than, like Adventure Capitalist.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'm looking for more turn-based games with gun/tactical aesthetic, like Girls Frontline. Doesn't have to be anime.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Morpheus posted:

Any good idle games that have come out recently? Looking for something I can just have on my desk and poke at every now and then

Hopefully something with more depth than, like Adventure Capitalist.

Somebody in the past few pages recommended Idle Skilling and I've been enjoying it

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Morter posted:

I'm looking for more turn-based games with gun/tactical aesthetic, like Girls Frontline. Doesn't have to be anime.

You sick of GFL already? Come on man..

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Morter posted:

Knights of Ages is a turn based tactical. Not guns, though. It is still in beta, but I'm honestly really impressed with the depth of it. It's not gacha, which is nice. Instead, you start with lovely characters, and gradually increase stats and classes via marriage and development of their bloodlines.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lms.knight

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

New Leaf posted:

You sick of GFL already? Come on man..

No, I said I'm looking for more, not that I'm dumping it.

I've not found a game to play as much as match games and puzzles. The PMC/'tactical' aesthetic of GFL made me realize how much more that kind of setting keeps me engaged. :shobon:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Somebody in the past few pages recommended Idle Skilling and I've been enjoying it

I played the hell out of that on Kongregate - does the mobile version improve on it, or is it the same?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Morpheus posted:

I played the hell out of that on Kongregate - does the mobile version improve on it, or is it the same?

I am pretty sure it's the same game, I haven't played the Kong version but the android version does feel very squished together to the point where I'm mis-clicking a lot. Not a huge deal but I assume they had to make some UI sacrifices to fit it on a phone screen. I am loving it so far though, I bought the starter pack last night just because the infinity forge was too tempting.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
There isn't an Another Eden thread floating around is there? I'm enjoying the hell out of it. But I'd love to see some discussion.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Gerdalti posted:

There isn't an Another Eden thread floating around is there? I'm enjoying the hell out of it. But I'd love to see some discussion.

I don't think so, hope far in are you? My main teams about 50 and I'm nearly done the main story (CHP 21). Took a small break from that to go get Joker and down up a few side things I neglected. It's real cool having a low pressure gacha, even thinking about putting down some cash

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Gerdalti posted:

There is not. But it is a great game.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I just finished Chapter 13 myself. Starting on the Persona stuff now.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Gerdalti posted:

Yeah definitely do that asap. Unless you've gotten really lucky in the gacha, the two free units from that will be two of your best units for a very long time. Make sure to pick up everything though. You get one of their weapons from a chest, then the other one you get after you trade-in 10 items you get from chests throughout the side story: https://anothereden.miraheze.org/wiki/Bound_Wills_and_the_Hollow_Puppeteer/Bonus

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

It really bugs me that out of the, I don't know, four free characters from extra episodes (2 from Persona and 2 others), all four of them use swords.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah definitely do that asap. Unless you've gotten really lucky in the gacha, the two free units from that will be two of your best units for a very long time. Make sure to pick up everything though. You get one of their weapons from a chest, then the other one you get after you trade-in 10 items you get from chests throughout the side story: https://anothereden.miraheze.org/wiki/Bound_Wills_and_the_Hollow_Puppeteer/Bonus

Honestly I've been pretty lucky with the free pulls and gacha. My possible 5's are:

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Gerdalti posted:

Honestly I've been pretty lucky with the free pulls and gacha. My possible 5's are:

Yeah, you have some really good units there. Suzette, Nagi AS, Toova AS, Myrus, Tsukiha. But of those only Myrus is kinda a healer. So you'll be relying on Morgana pretty heavily for healing for a while. Hopefully, you get Mariel from the next banner, though.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah, you have some really good units there. Suzette, Nagi AS, Toova AS, Myrus, Tsukiha. But of those only Myrus is kinda a healer. So you'll be relying on Morgana pretty heavily for healing for a while. Hopefully, you get Mariel from the next banner, though.

I've been running Tsukiha, Nagi (AS), Suzette, and Myrus (healing), with Felmina and Radica (some healing) in backup. So far it's been OK, but I do think I'll be swapping Morgana in for that role. I'll look for Mariel in the next go round for sure.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gerdalti posted:

There is, but nobody has posted in it in… Uh, I can't remember, but I checked it a week ago, and it wasn't auto locked, so less than whatever the threshold is for that…

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881362

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 7, 2020

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Kheldarn posted:

There is, but nobody has posted in it in… Uh, I can't remember, but I checked it a week ago, and it wasn't auto locked, so less than whatever the threshold is for that…

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881362

Thanks!

Baddog
May 12, 2001
This idle skilling game is crazy complex. Raids, ascensions, limbo, what....

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Yeah it is. Im not even sure what affects what. Do souls do anything? Does crusading do anything? Are these all just distinct idlers? There's a lot going on.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Gerdalti posted:

I've been running Tsukiha, Nagi (AS), Suzette, and Myrus (healing), with Felmina and Radica (some healing) in backup. So far it's been OK, but I do think I'll be swapping Morgana in for that role. I'll look for Mariel in the next go round for sure.

If you can, go to the Spacetime rift and do the fight to get Suzette's manifest weapon. It's the weapon in her character portrait and eventually does bonus stuff once you level it to 10 which takes a lot but even at level one is still better than most of the other lances.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

oh dope posted:

Yeah it is. Im not even sure what affects what. Do souls do anything? Does crusading do anything? Are these all just distinct idlers? There's a lot going on.

Think of it like anti- idle if you ever played it. Everything is kind of its own feature, but everything loops back into the fighting.

Spirits let you upgrade rifts which level themselves up and provide various bonuses like gold, combat damage, etc.

Crusades are infinitely scaling bosses that you can idle by assigning crusaders. The point of it is to craft gear with tinkering and boost it to give bonuses to other features like mining yield or more damage.

Farming and Botany let you make potions which buff everything ever. Seriously there are like 200+ potions and they're all permanent boosts. If you're ever at a wall the answer is to unlock and upgrade more potions.

Then there are the raids and asylum (raid level 2) with their own currencies and upgrades. Also pets which have their own combat and breeding mechanics to get vessels for research for, you guessed it, more buffs to absolutely everything.

Also the new spelunking and construction is cool.

Basically it's an idle game where you spin a ton of different plates and they all assist each other and that's pretty much what made anti-idle great.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah it took me a while to figure out just what I was doing and why I am doing it in Idle Skilling but as of now (3rd rebirth or so) I think I have an okay understanding of everything? IMO they do a real bad job of onboarding because a whole lot is thrown at you at once and not really explained super well, on top of that the menus are pretty hard to navigate until you've played it a bunch so it's all very confusing at first. That said, the plates are pretty fun to spin. Even if I'm not always totally sure why I'm spinning them, I know that it's helping me somehow. But like Synthesis said it does almost all feed back to improving your fighting so you can make more money so you can progress further and so on and so forth.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Gerdalti posted:

I ran it a week or so back and what I did was get Joker and Morgana, then before the final part I ran some Another Dungeon levels to get level 35+ gear created for my party and to pick up some levels so the final Persona boss would go more smoothly.

Joker and Mona are nuts. Joker's swap in ability is an AOE attack and it can trigger his 2x attack when it hits a weakness. Mona's swap out ability is a damage boost for the incoming unit for a single attack. Yes, this works on Joker's swap-in ability and yes it's awesome. Mona also has a 500hp and a 1000hp AOE heal so they're an insanely powerful healer and apparently the best healer until you have Mariel decked out at level 50?

I haven't played for a few days but I did a 10-pull a few days ago and got Mariel, so my main team is now an all 5* setup of Suzette/Melina(AS), Mona, Mighty(AS), Joker, Mariel. :getin:

Not sure if I want to run Suzette or Melina but they're both solid units and Suzette seems to have better damage for now.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Go get Suzette's manifest weapon from the Spacetime Rift. That will probably swing the meter in her direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fezz posted:

Go get Suzette's manifest weapon from the Spacetime Rift. That will probably swing the meter in her direction.

I had a difficult time doing that at 55-65, though I don't know if poison/pain scale. Not the best suggestion for someone at 35.

I'm kinda torn now, I like her AS style for single target wind damage, but the way that spear boosts her abilities (poison spear skill also applies pain, wind skill does 2x damage if they have poison/pain, 4x if both) makes for some severe AoE damage if you can get poison/pain to stick.