Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
DSA NTX is pretty good but Houston DSA seems like another level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Might go to the Iowa caucus watch party on Monday night

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
Voter registration deadline for the primaries is Monday too. If anyone you know has been putting it off, they should fix that today.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I had a candidate knock on my door this morning. The last one lost by 44 votes and also knocked on a Sunday, but at least the Texans aren't ever going to play a game in February.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jamesrambin/status/1224065890372800515

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If you ain't spending at least an hour in traffic a day, you aren't having an authentic Austin experience

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

If you ain't spending at least an hour in traffic a day, you aren't having an authentic Austin experience

I drove 82 miles in january

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1223847435241476096

Wow nice anti-Texas racism

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

hes got a point.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Johnny Manziel's attorney showed up to court in a cowboy hat, boots, and a big rear end belt buckle with his suit

didnt even take the hat off when he walked into the court house

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

hes got a point.

not really

and I have never owned a pair of cowboy boots and probably haven't worn any since like elementary school, but it's a look that can work

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I tucked my shirt into my jeans about month ago. Felt bad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RisqueBarber posted:

I tucked my shirt into my jeans about month ago. Felt bad.

T-shirt or button down

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
as a Native Texan, cowboy boots are ugly as sin. :colbert:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

as a Native Texan, cowboy boots are ugly as sin. :colbert:

:hmmyes:

Alamosexuals or actual ranch workers every time. Only the latter is ok.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
what about construction workers

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Still time to get some beachfront property in Victoria.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
The only acceptable time and place for cowboy boots are with a cowboy hat while riding your horse to work

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

zoux posted:

T-shirt or button down

Button down. It was a company event where the dress code was "jeans and sportcoat".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RisqueBarber posted:

Button down. It was a company event where the dress code was "jeans and sportcoat".

Ok that's alright. Tucked in t-shirt is well into the suburban Republican dad realm and unacceptable

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
I tuck in my tshirt but only when wearing a lab coat. It rides up if you don't ime

Any other time and you're probably a psychopath

Oil! posted:

I had a candidate knock on my door this morning. The last one lost by 44 votes and also knocked on a Sunday, but at least the Texans aren't ever going to play a game in February.

Literally never seen a door knocker in my life lmao

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 3, 2020

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Captain Monkey posted:

:hmmyes:

Alamosexuals or actual ranch workers every time. Only the latter is ok.

Somebody’s never been to any Latino club on a Saturday night.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Marxalot posted:

Literally never seen a door knocker in my life lmao

I don't think I've had canddiates come directly to my door before, but I did catch my state rep (Gene Wu) riding by on his bike during early voting in 2018 literally as my wife and I were getting in the car to drive to the polling place and he asked if we were going to vote :shobon:

We've had a handful of block walkers come by though

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Dressy cowboy boots and suits is like mandatory court attire in the jurisdictions I’ve practiced in. No hats tho.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Dressy cowboy boots and suits is like mandatory court attire in the jurisdictions I’ve practiced in. No hats tho.

Lobbyists for sure. All state legislators get big gaudy ones from a particular cordwainer whose name I can't recall

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 3, 2020

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Ok fine ya got me i admit it; I may be from here but I have a terminal case of white-suburbanitis :( The dallas strain, no less.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've lived in Texas for 37 years and never have I ever donned a pair of cowboy boots

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Ok fine ya got me i admit it; I may be from here but I have a terminal case of white-suburbanitis :( The dallas strain, no less.

That poo poo is terminal.

I've donned the cowboy boots a few times when I was younger, hunting across a few hundred acres of back country on some guy's ranch. But never any other time.

The real question though is not whether you wear a cowboy hat with it, but if you go with the bolo tie.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this person has never been in a court room in texas

EwokEntourage posted:

Johnny Manziel's attorney showed up to court in a cowboy hat, boots, and a big rear end belt buckle with his suit

didnt even take the hat off when he walked into the court house
efb

Shadi Zitoon
Jan 25, 2020

https://www.shadizitoon.com
Another shooting in another school. It would be nice if we had leaders who would actually do something about it.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/l...50-0d6a19215a58

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

this person has never been in a court room in texas

efb

Or, like, any high-end fundraiser in North Texas. I think those things are legally required to have a “Denim & Diamonds” theme.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shadi Zitoon posted:

Another shooting in another school. It would be nice if we had leaders who would actually do something about it.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/l...50-0d6a19215a58

The fact that armed congregants "stopped" a shooting after a mere handful of deaths closed the books on any meaningful state-level reform in that regard for a generation.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
We've proven that we can successfully close the barn door after the horse was shot

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Anyone know where I can find some basic policy position summaries for the TX-2 primary candidates? Cardnell has an organized summary on her site at least, but Olsen and Sima I'm having a harder time researching.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Dameius posted:

That poo poo is terminal.

I've donned the cowboy boots a few times when I was younger, hunting across a few hundred acres of back country on some guy's ranch. But never any other time.

The real question though is not whether you wear a cowboy hat with it, but if you go with the bolo tie.

A bolo tie is essential if you want to rock a sweet opal, turquoise, or other gemstone as a dude if you're not a ring guy.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

metasynthetic posted:

Anyone know where I can find some basic policy position summaries for the TX-2 primary candidates? Cardnell has an organized summary on her site at least, but Olsen and Sima I'm having a harder time researching.

I would also like to know. Sima has nothing on her website but a big ol donate button gently caress off with that garbage. In 2018 I went to one of the candidate forums and it was great for sorting them out but I really can’t do that any more with a baby at home.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
a part of me hopes she's progressive enough to enthusiastically support on the sole basis of being able to vote SemaSima in the primary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/jaspscherer/status/1224468512518868993

Interesting to see Amanda Edwards get the nom here. I don't hate her but I don't know if she'd be my first choice either.