Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cocks Cable posted:

So Wanda's trapped in some sort of sit-com hell dimension?

Based off the twelve seconds or whatever, my guess if she tries to use her powers to bring back Vision and it goes wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wanda looks pregnant in one.

And there are two cribs with babies in them in another.

Totally gonna get Speed and Wiccan from this.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I honestly don't care much about Wiccan and Speed being part of the greater MCU canon unless we somehow get an animated Young Avengers series based heavily off the Gillen/McKelvey run, including aping McKelvey's drawing style and having America Chavez and Kid Loki.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

We're gonna get a live action Young Avengers and that's fine by me.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Loki was in a jumpsuit labeled "TVA" for "Time Variance Authority." Wanna get some cool time travel hijinks in the MCU.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Little Mac posted:

Loki was in a jumpsuit labeled "TVA" for "Time Variance Authority." Wanna get some cool time travel hijinks in the MCU.

I honestly can't remember which stone was which in the MCU, aside from Strange having the Time stone, what was the tesseract from Avengers supposed to be?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/ororoalivia/status/1224159143591845895

I like that they look like they're living their lives through time periods represented by TV shows. Dick Van Dyke, Bewitched, Brady Bunch, Family Ties, Roseanne...

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 3, 2020

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Little Mac posted:

I forgot this was a thing for a moment, and for a moment thought they were taking the idea from Johns' Booster Gold

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Skwirl posted:

I honestly can't remember which stone was which in the MCU, aside from Strange having the Time stone, what was the tesseract from Avengers supposed to be?

Space.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

https://twitter.com/ororoalivia/status/1224159143591845895

I like that they look like they're living their lives through time periods represented by TV shows. Dick Van Dyke, Bewitched, Brady Bunch, Family Ties, Roseanne...

That's what it looks like. I agree she probably uses her powers to try to bring Vision back but then gets trapped in some pocket dimension that for some reason is different sitcoms.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There's been so many comics issues that explore the personal history of a character by depicting them in different eras of comic book publishing that it's about time TV picked up the idea using its own visual history.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Roth posted:

I forgot this was a thing for a moment, and for a moment thought they were taking the idea from Johns' Booster Gold

I think you mean Jughead's Time Police

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Full screen version since only the twitter trailer was posted in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62EB4JniuTc

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

That's what it looks like. I agree she probably uses her powers to try to bring Vision back but then gets trapped in some pocket dimension that for some reason is different sitcoms.

This is probably the Halloween episode.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Y'all are really downplaying live-action Master Pandemonium here.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Maybe she's just trying to make her life "perfect" but her only exposure to a happy family life is the lovely American sitcoms she used to watch as a kid, or maybe the show will open with her binge streaming shows because the Avengers are over and she hasn't dealt with her trauma yet and sorta "wishes" her life could be normal.

Either way they better not forget Quicksilver.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I hope that one of the sitcoms involves their nosy neighbor Thanos trying to prove that Wanda is secretly a Scarlet Witch.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Argue posted:

I hope that one of the sitcoms involves their nosy neighbor Thanos trying to prove that Wanda is secretly a Scarlet Witch.

I'm 100% sure there will be a guest star who comes in the door to applause

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Rhyno posted:

I have high hopes. But that doesn't sound like it has the mind and body horror of the comics.

I haven't read the comics in a while but it does sound like they took it in more of a family-friendly fantasy direction, albeit with some horror elements

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It would be funny if one of the shows they riff is full house

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I hope there are theme songs with lyrics for every sitcom era the show riffs on. also hopefully they can include a few cameos by actual 80s or 90s sitcom stars

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Medullah posted:

I'm 100% sure there will be a guest star who comes in the door to applause

Given that the show has Kat Dennings returning as her Thor character Darcy who had never met either of these two that's dang right.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

theironjef posted:

Given that the show has Kat Dennings returning as her Thor character Darcy who had never met either of these two that's dang right.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

YEEEEESSSSSSS

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
inb4 the obligatory mention of her chest

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just don't like her voice.

But the idea of MCU actors making random cameos works for me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aside from Tom Hiddleston she's like the best part of the first two Thor films.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The guy who Thor says "fought bigger" is more enjoyable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

2 Broke Girls was one of the worst shows of the decade.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

site posted:

It would be funny if one of the shows they riff is full house

I swear the shot of Wanda and Vision being surprised by the two binkies popping up is exactly that (based on what they're wearing)

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I just don't like her voice.

But the idea of MCU actors making random cameos works for me.

So far the other one announced is Randall Park reprising SHIELD agent Jimmy Woo. Show's gonna be wild. I'm kinda hoping for like a Natalie Dormer or Claudia Kim if we're packing the show with cool toss-off performances.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I expect Falcon & Winter Soldier to have the most MCU world outreach.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
The gently caress is wrong with this guy

https://twitter.com/thatkevinsmith/status/1224300637413920768?s=21

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Rhyno posted:

That's part of why I found it impressive, Barry is being attacked by this murderous dick from the future who hates him and Barry's never even met him before.

I just wanted to say that

"Why did you kill my mother?"
"Because I hate you."

is one of my favorite hero/villain interactions ever. No grand scheme. No sci-fi babble. There's some more exposition before and after that exchange, but it doesn't matter. Everything was put into motion because Reverse Flash loving hates The Flash and that's good enough to me.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

It just took him longer than everyone else to realize that hanging around the DC movie sets wasn't actually getting him any work or respect or anything.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Either way they better not forget Quicksilver.

My first thought in Endgame when she said "you took everything from me" to Thanos was to wonder why she was blaming him for Quicksilver's death.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Jagermonster posted:

The gently caress is wrong with this guy

I son't think Smith is physically able to fanboy at anything less than a 12/10.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bruceski posted:

That wasn't always the case, but now everything is the best ever. Which I guess would be fine but it comes off as insincere sometimes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
a decade-plus and marvel studios still p0wns my dick.

- kevin smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Bruceski posted:

Dawgstar posted:

That wasn't always the case, but now everything is the best ever. Which I guess would be fine but it comes off as insincere sometimes.

It's performative, he's lost the ability to feel.