Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Great, now this is how I will forever picture you in my mind

Calibanibal gorging on goat meat before going to support unity candidate Mike Bloomberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/katie_akin/status/1224472460214620161?s=20

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

Old people are so loving stupid lmao

It turns out dementia and lead fumes are a pretty strong combo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Claire McCaskill and Eugene Robinson straight up saying caucuses are unfair lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Like rats fleeing a sinking ship!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

lol but also holy hell what a dumbass system

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It feels fitting that they have a lot of these at high schools.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Calibanibal posted:

My lover and I are attending the Amana, Iowa caucus and, well... I hope Bernie is doing better in other precincts.

Remember to go Klob or Butt if it looks like Bernie isn't viable.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

oh man :kiss: You love to see it. I can't wait for this to play out more and more on a larger scale tonight.

All aboard the Bern Bus :bernin:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FizFashizzle posted:

Claire McCaskill and Eugene Robinson straight up saying caucuses are unfair lmao

I mean to be fair they 100% are and are stupid bullshit BUT it's also literally how this has been done for tons of elections so everyone knew what it was and I never heard these clowns complaining when they were sure Warren/Pete were gonna win.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I'm telling you, these people have the will of soft cheese. Show some strength and they will run to big, strong daddy Sanders.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

Just don't forget we're also going to suck that bad, relative to the younger generation, when we're that old, and to shut the gently caress up and do whatever they're doing at that time

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

worried that Warren is going to over-perform tonight then stick around splitting the progressive vote, was very much hoping she'd flame out and clear the lane

From a strategic standpoint Sanders and Warren coming out as the leading candidates in this race is the best outcome, because it will represent a realignment of the electorate and will force the moderates to move left.

Ultimately who is President matters less than where the center of gravity of the party lands, if the moderates have to move to Warren in order to counter Bernie that weakens the moderates and conservatives in the party. It also sends the message to those who have sympathies that lay further to the left but are afraid that don't have the support with the masses that it's safe to move to the left.

It's just like in 08 where black voters supported Clinton until it became clear that the electorate would indeed vote for a black man.

My preference is for the race to come down to Sanders vs Warren and the "centrists" and "moderates" shut out. Because that shifts the whole loving party.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Good to see Bernie bodying these smaller caucuses and Klob destroying Biden with the olds. This is what you want, Klob with a strong showing, she's nonviable basically everywhere else after this is over.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I'm telling you, these people have the will of soft cheese. Show some strength and they will run to big, strong daddy Sanders.

:bernget20:

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s gonna rule when Bernie wins the first primary by even bigger margins.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I love that the One Weird Trick To Win Caucuses is just 'have a spine and passion' and 99% of candidates can't figure it out

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lemming posted:

Just don't forget we're also going to suck that bad, relative to the younger generation, when we're that old, and to shut the gently caress up and do whatever they're doing at that time

Not me. Hail death!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Skex posted:

It's just like in 08 where black voters supported Clinton until it became clear that the electorate would indeed vote for a black man.

Is Bernie the black man in this scenario?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
So if Biden gets destroyed it probably makes all the national polling look that much more suspect

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah they started with that line and I just started howling. Ari Melber at least shut them down a little. There are going to be a lot of salty people at MSNBC tomorrow.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bernie's campaign showing them what political knife fighting looks like when you're good at it

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Caucusing loving rules :hfive:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

oxsnard posted:

So if Biden gets destroyed it probably makes all the national polling look that much more suspect

eh not really, Biden was winning on pure 'well look he's a known figure who can WIN', it'll be suspect if he doesn't start nosediving when he gets chokeslammed to hell in the early primaries

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

American politics are too stupid to be believed, I cannot understand why we put up with this poo poo.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

oxsnard posted:

Biden has high national polling because he is the best known name in the field. Remember the polls in the GOP Primaries last election? They mean little until you have the field narrowed down and some primaries done, IE Super Tuesday.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Office Pig posted:

Not me. Hail death!

Hell yeah my brethren in the “Planning on dying before my opinions become old and lovely” club. I’m planning on a badass BASE jumping accident at 45!

Propaganda Hour posted:

Caucusing loving rules :hfive:

This is the most bizarre poo poo I’ve ever witnessed and I still don’t get the point of it all (or our general broken-rear end political system in the US), but hey it’s fun to watch.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mat Cauthon posted:

American politics are too stupid to be believed, I cannot understand why we put up with this poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St8iEpkcDJc

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

now now let's be fair many of them are just selfish pricks

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Djarum posted:

Biden has high national polling because he is the best known name in the field. Remember the polls in the GOP Primaries last election? They mean little until you have the field narrowed down and some primaries done, IE Super Tuesday.

Yeah, really important to remember that most people don't actually pay any real attention to politics at all, and - if anyone - they'd know Biden from the Obama times and say "yeah, he's good" when asked.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/1224474884656500736

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Junior G-man posted:

Yeah, really important to remember that most people don't actually pay any real attention to politics at all, and - if anyone - they'd know Biden from the Obama times and say "yeah, he's good" when asked.

VP Biden also kinda had a narrative built around him as jolly old uncle Joe, so it's not just a name people recognize, it's also a persona people built up in their heads that runs counter to who Biden really is. There's a reason why every time he actually opens his mouth on the campaign trail he only hurts himself.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Sydin posted:

VP Biden also kinda had a narrative built around him as jolly old uncle Joe, so it's not just a name people recognize, it's also a persona people built up in their heads that runs counter to who Biden really is. There's a reason why every time he actually opens his mouth on the campaign trail he only hurts himself.

The number of "Joe Biden tells voter to go gently caress themselves" stories there have been so far is kind of staggering honestly.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/katie_akin/status/1224474747662106625

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think Biden's gonna get owned tonight quite honestly.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

"Other Candidate" has won Iowa

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

FizFashizzle posted:

Personally I think it's unfair that McCaskill is employed

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

So this is just ancient Iowan chuds who now live in the villages, correct?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

empty whippet box posted:

"Other Candidate" has won Iowa

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1217327973172424705

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

InnercityGriot posted:

Good to see Bernie bodying these smaller caucuses and Klob destroying Biden with the olds. This is what you want, Klob with a strong showing, she's nonviable basically everywhere else after this is over.
What makes you think that?