Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Happy weekend Goons!

I just smoked a Pineapple Express joint and am loading up Elite Dangerous on the PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bonzo posted:

Happy weekend Goons!

I just smoked a Pineapple Express joint and am loading up Elite Dangerous on the PS4

Excellent work

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

poverty goat posted:

making it "legal" makes a huge difference because it means you can no longer be arrested and charged with a crime for it, which is even worse than getting fired

Not sure why you’re on a high horse about this since it’s not loving legal, just decriminalized, in the yellow states. So while I could not be arrested for having less than 10 grams of weed on me, I could certainly get fined if I didn’t have my medical card. Good luck paying those fines with no job!

Never mind that a whole lot of people who need a medical cert can’t get one because the cost is prohibitive and you have to give up your right to own a firearm which some people are not willing to do. Also good luck getting public assistance after you fail your drug test at the Social Services office for having weed in your system.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You don't give up your right to own firearms, you give up the ability to buy firearms because they can prove you are lying if you have medical card. You can buy all the guns you can afford before getting a card. They can't make you give up guns you already legally own, but a simple cross reference of state databases will find it.

Here's the thing though, nobody gives a gently caress at the corporate gun shops. Bass Pro (and Cabela's) isn't going to cross reference the state database for card holders. Neither will places like Big R or Academy or Sportsman's Warehouse. Corporate drones do not care when they make retail wage.

The independent shop owner might. Might. They don't have to, and you lying on a federal form isn't really their problem as long as it passes the background check. But if there's some super Jesus-y "Trump can do no wrong" style rear end in a top hat who isn't cool with weed (and probably, really just a racially motivated thing), you can expect them to check the public database for medical card holders.

So buy all your guns first.

I have a revolver and bolt action rifle. When I got my medical card here in CO, no one came for my guns. I was not advised to get rid of my guns. No one mentioned guns except "buy them if you want them before they have you in a database to check against."

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 2, 2020

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Weed can help stave off the panic from not being able to shoot anyone because you don't have a gun

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't run a hard-on for guns, I see them as practical tools for specific times. Took gun and hunter safety as a kid, had a FOID card at 12 (escaped Illinois idiot on the loose). Right now, I have no real use for them than closet fillers. All two of them take up next to no space. No ARs, no shotguns, just a .357 revolver and a 6.5 creedmoor bolt action (with a big scope), for when I move up to the woods this fall.

Don't forget 80% receivers. In a lot of states, you can have a pistol frame (or rifle) delivered to your door with no background check, file the parts indicated in the provided jig, order remaining necessary parts on line with out a background check either, because according to federal law, the receiver is technically the firearm, and since you order an 80% receiver, it's not technically a firearm.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

All the specific times involve wanting to shoot someone, right

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Shooting dinner.

I may have been in the army, but I got my bloodlust out of the way young with pheasant and rabbit hunting. I may have a general dislike for most people, but that doesn't give me the right to deprive their loved ones of their presence or their right to live.

I might be a whole lot loose in the head, but firearms are not toys or meant for threats. To me. That's my opinion and feelings on them. It's why the few I own are the types they are. Low capacity, low repetitive fire speed. I don't want to come across as the archetypical gun rear end in a top hat, but I want to tag a few more deer in my lifetime. And because I'm a brainbroken vet with disability, my hunting and fishing licenses are free within CO for me, as a resident.

Some people don't mind killing dinner. There's a rather determinable line between hunter and sociopath.

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

Holy poo poo, dry herb vapes own and are so much better than vaping oil! If you’re scared of trying “real weed” after experimenting with oil don’t be, just go for it

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Shooting dinner.

I may have been in the army, but I got my bloodlust out of the way young with pheasant and rabbit hunting. I may have a general dislike for most people, but that doesn't give me the right to deprive their loved ones of their presence or their right to live.

I might be a whole lot loose in the head, but firearms are not toys or meant for threats. To me. That's my opinion and feelings on them. It's why the few I own are the types they are. Low capacity, low repetitive fire speed. I don't want to come across as the archetypical gun rear end in a top hat, but I want to tag a few more deer in my lifetime. And because I'm a brainbroken vet with disability, my hunting and fishing licenses are free within CO for me, as a resident.

Some people don't mind killing dinner. There's a rather determinable line between hunter and sociopath.

that's p cool actually

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Ragtime All The Time posted:

Holy poo poo, dry herb vapes own and are so much better than vaping oil! If you’re scared of trying “real weed” after experimenting with oil don’t be, just go for it

:hfive:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I misinterpreted the law, but have had several people tell me they won’t get a card for that reason. I personally don’t care about or own guns, I am much more concerned that my state (and others) put the law into effect with zero employment protection.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
State laws will vary, but the feds don't track who owns what. A background check only tells them you had a background check. The dealer keeps a log of what is sold to whom, and they get to keep those books for life.

I'm not advising to lie about your use, but trying to buy a gun after getting a medical card is just asking to get caught, if the ATF had any staff or time or real teeth. Don't lie to the government. Because the moment some conservative gun shop rear end in a top hat questions the skunky smell that came in with you, he's going to be the one to check and deny you, and probably report you for lying on the form 4473 if he's a real rear end in a top hat. Because they still treat weed as more addictive than loving heroin. It's dumb as gently caress. But, if you go somewhere that the employee is likely to be making gently caress all on part time hours with no benefits, they aren't going to care enough to check. They just want their day done and you gone. It's not a passion to all of them, it's just a job. The shop owners and guys that work within, it's their loving religion.

I support gun control, limited sales, will take any classes they want, but I don't want or need an AR. My army stint filled that hole. I just want cheap dinner and quiet time in the woods. Be more worried about the fact that you can buy and build a ghost gun for $500 with no real regulation whatsoever. I just want to smoke a fatty while I gut dinner for the next few months.

loving Lol if you're a medical card holder in California that wants to hunt. Background check every time you want to buy ammo.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Chill out assholes. Smoke some weed

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I got some queen mother goji something today and it's pleasant. Mellow. I should roll another joint.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

idk why i let my pipe get full of resin to the point where it's hard to use. the bit under the bowl collects so much and it's easy to remove

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
My connect responded "yes sir" tonight and I'm scared I'm about to walk into a sting

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

idk why i let my pipe get full of resin to the point where it's hard to use. the bit under the bowl collects so much and it's easy to remove

So you can either wash it and be amazed at the difference or crack it open for your final reward

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

SeXReX posted:

My connect responded "yes sir" tonight and I'm scared I'm about to walk into a sting

Good luck dude.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

Inspector Hound posted:

So you can either wash it and be amazed at the difference or crack it open for your final reward

If you’re not dankrupt just clean it out and enjoy your “new” pipe. Resin tastes and feels dirty as hell

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

91% iso is a man's best friend when it comes to cleaning a bowl. Soak it for a few hours, scrub the rest with q-tips, wash thoroughly and dry. You can add salt if it's a water pipe to make sure to get everything cleaned. Then you'll have a like new pipe!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bumble Dong posted:

If you’re not dankrupt just clean it out and enjoy your “new” pipe. Resin tastes and feels dirty as hell

Hell yeah

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Bonzo posted:

Happy weekend Goons!

My husband and I both spent Friday and Saturday getting baked and playing Frostpunk on PS4.

Except we both wanted to play it at the same time and it was causing friction as we kept trying to direct each other when the other was playing.

So on Sunday I bought a copy for PC, and we spent the day having a lot of weed and playing our separate instances of the same game, but on the couch cuddled together. :love:

Weed brings people together.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Me and my wife used to do that with civ 5. All passing the bong like "fuckin Poland trying to offer me a single gold per turn for my iron"

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Cacator posted:

Fun fact, there are no cannabis laws in North Korea so technically it is not illegal!

Edit: There are conflicting reports on the accuracy of the previous statement.

weed is legal in nk. it grows everywhere. it just gets ignored afaik

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019
Picked up 10 1 gram pre-rolls for $60 :cool:

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow

Ragtime All The Time posted:

They are the best. And you get AVB. Wish I could

My apartment lease forbids smoking or vaping flower, but allows for vaping concentrate... even though concentrate wasn't legal at the time I signed

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
How, in the name all that is holy, would they know if you're vaping dry herb in your apartment?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

CoolRanch posted:

Picked up 10 1 gram pre-rolls for $60 :cool:

Not too shabby. Also price chat in GBS is easily as surprising to me as legal weed.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Rat posted:

They are the best. And you get AVB. Wish I could

My apartment lease forbids smoking or vaping flower, but allows for vaping concentrate... even though concentrate wasn't legal at the time I signed

Do whatever you want

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Grinding half a gram leaves more smell than vaping the stuff.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow

The Modern Leper posted:

How, in the name all that is holy, would they know if you're vaping dry herb in your apartment?
Smells go through walls pretty easy and vaping dry herb smells a lot more than distillate

It doesn't smell that much but it smells enough

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
-_- what kind of walls do you have?

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

Inspector Hound posted:

Not too shabby. Also price chat in GBS is easily as surprising to me as legal weed.

Seattle was the cheapest with the most variety...

Also adding to the dry herb vape talk: they own and the Fury Edge is a great one.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow

Mozi posted:

-_- what kind of walls do you have?
Ones where I can smell my neighbors smoking anything, or vaping heavy enough, or using cleaning products

Not going to bother to get a new desktop vape until I'm living where it's ok. I have a portable herb vaporizer which is nice for park walks, but it's not the same

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
I have a Ghost MV1 vape and I have a really hard time getting vapor from it, getting high from it takes forever, it is pretty nice once I finally get there though, but it's milder than the bong.

I'm not sure which I prefer, but lately I've been hitting the bong more, I hope I don't end up just shelving the $200 purchase.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Just applied for a card in New Jersey a couple weeks ago. For a 1-year scrip, between the initial doctor's visit & filling out/sending of forms to the state, and paying the state ~$100 once they clear the paperwork & send the card, it's a bit under $400.

That's before hitting the dispensary.

Read up on it, and NJ has passed legislation that prevents employers from sanctioning if I fail a drug test for weed. There is a carve-out in the law for employers whose business may be inversely impacted by potential loss of federal contracts...but my employer does no such work.

I haven't been able to partake since 2004 (job with random drug testing). Stoked.

I have to say, it was wild discussing with the doctor how to medicate myself with weed, covering the relative merits of flower, vape, and edibles. I shied away from edibles due to the repeated anecdotes of friends & family being laid low. He suggested giving them a try, especially right before bed - and made a point of saying that the most common mistake when taking edibles is not waiting long enough for the effects to ramp up & kick in. His advice: "Start small."

I had discussed this with my primary doctor five years ago, when he was giving a scrip for anti-anxiety meds, and we both agreed that smoking weed would be a better treatment in every respect, and we both wondered if the day would ever come.

We live in an age of miracle & wonder.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 4, 2020

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Can I take my ABV flower and just straight up mix it with peanut butter and eat it, being that it has already been decarboxcylated? Like a poor man's firecracker?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

Can I take my ABV flower and just straight up mix it with peanut butter and eat it, being that it has already been decarboxcylated? Like a poor man's firecracker?

yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Zipperelli. posted:

Everything I've ever read about eating ABV like this just makes it sound miserable. Like it'll just knock you out for way longer than you want to be.