Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

like you do.
https://twitter.com/natalie_allison/status/1224481603570872320

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That's got booze in it.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mostly cinnamon schnapps and a slight hint of chocolate, if he knows what’s good.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Yo, the caucuses are about to start and results will start coming in shortly thereafter.

Any wild predictions?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Thwomp posted:

Yo, the caucuses are about to start and results will start coming in shortly thereafter.

Any wild predictions?

Sanders, Buttigieg, Warren, Biden

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Thwomp posted:

Any wild predictions?

https://youtu.be/bLqKXrlD1TU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The preliminary results are showing a significant win for bernie trailed by warren with more than 10% between them, butt a few points behind her, and biden/klob fighting for fourth.

Entrance polling was 35% first time voters. 59% support M4A

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

The preliminary results are showing a significant win for bernie trailed by warren with more than 10% between them, butt a few points behind her, and biden/klob fighting for fourth.

Looking forward to the "Butt beats out Biden and Klob in Iowa" headlines.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Pretty same except for Butt doing that well. Anyone who hasn't figured out that he's style over substance and way in over his head by now is kind of dumb.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

Pretty same except for Butt doing that well. Anyone who hasn't figured out that he's style over substance and way in over his head by now is kind of dumb.

He's the obvious candidate for people who're too Liberal for Sanders, too sexist for Warren, and not deaf and blind enough to see that Biden has dementia. Which has got to be a healthy amount of the succ dem population tbh.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

Looking forward to the "Butt beats out Biden and Klob in Iowa" headlines.

Its going to be something like "Buttgieg edges out Klobuchar while Biden lost ground but fell short of Warren. Due to democratic party rules however only Sanders won delegates"

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Buttedge checks a couple serious succ Dem boxes, he's racist in the not overt way and he's gay so they feel like they're tolerant and progressive not wanting him relegated to the closet

35% first time voters and 59% M4A support, word? Cool look forward to hearing more about how Sanders can't bring out new voters

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

the Iowa cacuses are bullshit weirdo political tea leaves wake me up on super tuesday

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Its going to be something like "Buttgieg edges out Klobuchar while Biden lost ground but fell short of Warren. Due to democratic party rules however only Sanders Bloomberg won delegates"

Because max trash timeline

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

maffew buildings posted:

Buttedge checks a couple serious succ Dem boxes, he's racist in the not overt way and he's gay so they feel like they're tolerant and progressive not wanting him relegated to the closet

Buttigieg is the Democratic Rubio.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Also you'll see some people switch-hittig two candidates in a way that kind of makes sense. Like the voter who is fence-sitting between Sanders and Warren. Or doing that with Buttigieg/Biden/Klobuchar.

Then you get the voters who are like "I voted for Obama, and then wanted Sanders to do well, but then I voted for Trump, and now I'm considering either Warren or Bloomberg, and I sure wish Harris was still running!" and it's maybe easier to treat those people as magical background white noise that all candidates must deal with.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Biden is not even going to be fourth from the looks of things. Many districts he's not viable.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Remember:
Hope is a mistake

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Sanders meanders into first, Warren soarin' into second while Butt shuts out third?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

piL posted:

Sanders meanders into first, Warren soarin' into second while Butt shuts out third?

Warren didn't make the second round of voting in some districts. She may not even be second. Will be very close between her and butt, but they're both 15-20 points behind Sanders in most things I'm seeing. Granted we're probably seeing skewed numbers, but poo poo does not look good for Biden. He might get beat by Andrew loving Yang.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Biden basically needs to survive well enough until a state that's not extremely white gets to vote, where he'll do better. Unless there's a sea change in the meantime, that's when he'll look stronger again.

E: very important ninja edit made. Biden needs a state where the electorate is NOT extremely white

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

So he's hosed in 3/5 states is what you're saying?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Butt wait theres more! Yang sprang into fifth while the gap for Biden widens. Meanwhile Klobchar mostly thus far frustrating lymricists.

Edit: please read in a 1920s baseball announcer voice.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

So he's hosed in 3/5 states is what you're saying?

Boo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Nate Silver is showing some numbers now that have Pete and Bernie neck and neck with everyone trailing behind. All but one result I've seen online so far have had bernie up, though. The important news is that biden is still sucking poo poo regardless.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Saw at least one caucus on CNN where the Biden, Klob, Steyer and Yang puddles coalesced to push "uncommitted" over 15%, with one of the Bideners spouting some BS about fractional delegates.

Also lolling at reporters visibly disturbed using the term "Yang Ganger" on air.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
China: number go up.

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1224490712575594496?s=19

Up to 64~ deaths today from 57~ yesterday.

So tomorrow will probably touch 500 deaths total in the count. poo poo's much more wild than SARS.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ElMaligno posted:

Remember:
Hope is a mistake

I must not hope.
Hope is the mind-killer.
Hope is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my hope.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the hope has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ElMaligno posted:

Remember:
Hope is a mistake

:hmmyes:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Just dug a little deeper, and that silver info is only the results from satellite precincts aka the handful of iowa people out of state at college.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ElMaligno posted:

Remember:
Hope is a mistake

In Bavaria we have a saying: "Der Junge ist ja total bedient." It means "This is the most depressing loving kid I've ever met in my life".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ElMaligno posted:

Remember:
Hope is a mistake

This is true but Bernie even getting the nom is going to break so many nazi brains and force the rest out into the open it'll be cathartic as all hell

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

So this just popped up as I'm trying to read some news.

Not sure about those results from Tblisi :stare:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

rip
https://twitter.com/IAStartingLine/status/1224497033979011072

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/560712682

check the date

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

YOU gently caress

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
CNN is reporting that in some districts where Biden is not viable that his supporters are switching to Cory Booker vice Sanders/Warren/Butt.

I'm not an expert in Iowan caucus rules, but I can only assume this is some play for proportonal delegates to get assigned to Biden.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

There was one reporter on air wondering why he hadn't run into any Bloomberg caucuses yet (he's not eligible for the Iowa caucus) so I'd give reporter rumors about Booker with a grain of salt.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Sure looks like tech is loving up the precinct reporting.

https://twitter.com/tylerpager/status/1224536719988531200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

CNN just had a headline that the DNC is withholding results for "Quality Control" reasons.

OK, every African dictator ever.