Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

smoobles posted:

Every caucus is announcing its final votes publicly, right? So there's no way for the DNC to rig this?

I mean if not by malice than by sheer incompetence they're sure trying to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/shawnsebastian/status/1224538096571686912?s=20

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

this is all to get me to watch MSNBC isn't it?

well i won't do it

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Iowa is getting raked over the coals by CNN right now. You done hosed up, Iowa.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
idp is reporting that turnout for this caucus is on pace with 2016 - no turnout surge

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

smoobles posted:

Every caucus is announcing its final votes publicly, right? So there's no way for the DNC to rig this?

Much in the same way that BP couldn't lie about the oil spill because we could see it spewing on camera.

it shaun
Jun 6, 2017

smoobles posted:

Even if they can't outright rig it: if the winner is a candidate they do not like, maybe they can sit on the results until 4am to deny that winner a broadcast victory speech.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Concerned Citizen posted:

new hampshire would declare it's too similar to being a primary, which would mean they have to move new hampshire before iowa by law. this threatens the entire ia/nh 1st in the nation truce.

Seems pretty win-win for democracy then.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Kirios posted:

CNN can't find their own asses with both hands, a map, and a think tank consultant, so...

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

this philip klein dude is executive editor at the washington examiner, so mountains of salt required

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.

Can someone tell me how the gently caress Mayo Pete gets as many delegates as Bernie with these vote tallies? Seriously, what the gently caress is up with this algorithm?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Tibalt posted:

I can't wait to explain Biden's failed attempt to rig it.

The fun bit is that it's all kinda difficult to rig as long a you (a candidate) manage to have representatives on site.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wiltsghost posted:

thankfully the state i live in just got rid of this terrible caucus system and is doing a ranked choice primary
Fellow mainer?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Liquid Communism posted:

CNN can't find their own asses with both hands, a map, and a think tank consultant, so...

yea this is going fine and normal, love to be at almost 10 central with zero results officially because the app we've had for like a month was coded by some dipshit's failson and we need to do 'quality control' on the literal most public form of voting possible.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Apocalypse posted:

Can someone tell me how the gently caress Mayo Pete gets as many delegates as Bernie with these vote tallies? Seriously, what the gently caress is up with this algorithm?

Otteration posted:

The fun bit is that it's all kinda difficult to rig as long a you (a candidate) manage to have representatives on site.

Great combo post right here.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Welp, looking at the replies and it's good to see that Bernie's crowd will be able to utilize their complete lack of understanding of what First Alignment is to claim they're being robbed. I look forward to many Dank Memes.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Do they really expect Bernie people to roll over for this if all this quality control poo poo is true?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

Oh no! Not CNN?! No more tourists?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1224535221024034816

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Not sure if Ben Jacobs knows anything

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1224540540601094144

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/1224537883190681601

absolute loving dogbrains running the party

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
It is fun to watch the news folks complain about Central Time.

Also, I apologize for our stupid system.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/rubycramer/status/1224538785255391232

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

He's right, but designing an app like this isn't that difficult, much easier than a general purpose voting app

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
FOREIGN INTERFERENCE IN THE IOWA PRIMARY

Well thank god that threat is dealt with, that real threat about to happen

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

We all love apps, don't we folks?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/NYTnickc/status/1224541024481136642

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Glumslinger posted:

He's right, but designing an app like this isn't that difficult, much easier than a general purpose voting app

the 2016 app worked fine so i don't know why they needed to make a new one

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Tibalt posted:

Edit: Seriously, couldn't you just do ranked preference voting and get this done with one vote?

It would be better in terms of being accessible to people, but would make counting even more of a mess :D

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

If I'm reading these results right it's time for the US government to support a fascist coup in Iowa.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

You had FOUR years to prep for this Iowa

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

That is such loving bullshit. It doesn't even make any sense. No secretive process run by volunteers could resist state interference in any meaningful way.

Like what? They have volunteers doing OSINT on every precinct captain but forgot to start until tonight?

If the plan was to use non-digital means to verify counts, why that surely would be something worth communicating to caucus sites ahead of time.

Its a loving bullshit excuse.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/adamwren/status/1224541442577698817

whatever this means

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
imagine explaining to any of these voters that the reason everything is so slow is because the app needs to be extra sure the russians aren't hijacking the iowa primary

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

25%?????

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

???

“For everyone complaining about the process in Iowa, this is a ramshackle overcomplicated system with complex calculations performed by the guy in Hot Fuzz who found a sea mine.”

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Doesn’t seem good

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1224541132631281665?s=21

iota subscript
Oct 26, 2010

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - ONE SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

If I'm reading these results right it's time for the US government to support a fascist coup in Iowa.

They'll be called Yellow Shirts. For corn, you see.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

25% is a helllll of a lot more than the 2% we've been staring at for an hour, IOWA DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/ec_schneider/status/1224541947194417153