Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Bernie set to speak soon.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1224551175321608192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
So... "Democracy" was "hijacked" by stupidity?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Ytlaya posted:

There is actual significant Pete support in Iowa specifically, but really only Iowa. He is just bizarrely popular there.

Iowans are known for their high high hopes

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

hcreight posted:

This dude was just on the phone with MSNBC actively making GBS threads on the caucus process

that's the guy who got hung up on live on CNN because Wolf Blitzer wouldn't shut the gently caress up

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

This guy finally finished his story.

https://mobile.twitter.com/shawnsebastian/status/1224542984655572993
https://mobile.twitter.com/shawnsebastian/status/1224549120779653120

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Ytlaya posted:

There is actual significant Pete support in Iowa specifically, but really only Iowa. He is just bizarrely popular there.

As someone else pointed out, he's basically lived in Iowa for the past year.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Oddly enough that's the most accurate tweet tonight

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

Biden is incomprehensible.

And now, for a magic trick, I'm going to make this flask disappear. *glug glug glug*

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Kerry is gonna announce this week after this debacle right?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
You can just do it with a telephone or a Google sheet.

Precinct results -> county chair -> regional chair -> State Party

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
It's hilarious how Warren looks like a great speaker after hearing Biden ramble

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Yes.

Its simple fuckup. They're flat out saying it.

The Democrats are hilariously incompetent and didn't have a scalable back up plan in place in case their dumb app, which has been kept secret so THE RUSSIANS can't hack it, failed miserably, which it did.

Russia brain, excessive faith in technology, and good old fashioned incompetence have combined to make for a great microcosm of the democrats in general

This kind of dumb thing is exactly what I think of when any dumb wonk says they have a plan for something

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
This is the epitome of Hanlon’s Razor.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ytlaya posted:

As far as I saw/could figure Buttigieg threw in hard in Iowa, it kinda seems to fit him and his white guy appeal, and he benefited from being able to campaign there while the Senators were in DC. Doing well with help legitimatize him as a candidate and he probably hopes that creates momentum for him into the next primaries.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1224552364977291265?s=19

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

Midwestern white people are the whitest of all white people.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

PepsiOverCoke posted:

There isnt any hacking going on. Its just a tough situation with the technology. You can call it in and youre required to take photo evidence of thr reporting. Also all the campaigns have their app to log whats happening.

Fuckery is very hard here.

https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/1224548284385107968

Personal bet: Some idiot screwed up the app's backend deployment and everything is going through, a javascript app deployed on a 3-node kubernetes cluster that's all running on a single VM in, like, the AWS us-west-2.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

As far as I saw/could figure Buttigieg threw in hard in Iowa, it kinda seems to fit him and his white guy appeal, and he benefited from being able to campaign there while the Senators were in DC. Doing well with help legitimatize him as a candidate and he probably hopes that creates momentum for him into the next primaries.

It's basically his only shot. If he can't hack it in a state like Iowa where the gently caress else is he going to snag votes?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1224552149666930693?s=20

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Voyager I posted:

The jerk would have to clear viability in order to split votes! The fucker can't even fail right!

Nah, it still helps, especially in states with normal primaries. Just not as much.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Ytlaya posted:

He's just the 2020 model of John Edwards. A reasonably charismatic local politician can put on a reasonable Iowa campaign just by being willing to live there for a year while bigger campaigns have to worry about other problems like organizing in other states.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

hehehehe

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Bernie is spiking in betting odds to win Iowa. 71% now, a few minutes he was at 62-64

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Where are people getting info about turnout being low? I heard turnout was high

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

DynamicSloth posted:

He's just the 2020 model of John Edwards. A reasonably charismatic local politician can put on a reasonable Iowa campaign just by being willing to live there for a year while bigger campaigns have to worry about other problems like organizing in other states.

i dunno i'd be pretty surprised if it turned out Pete had a mistress

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

DNC to world: yeah, we are this dumb, thanks for asking

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

LanceHunter posted:

Personal bet: Some idiot screwed up the app's backend deployment and everything is going through, a javascript app deployed on a 3-node kubernetes cluster that's all running on a single VM in, like, the AWS us-west-2.

I know what all of these things are and agree it's likely

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

Made me x10 on Predoctit too. If theres any solace, it s that following this thread gives you a jump on more than 50 percent of this market.

Tip for anyone here.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

DynamicSloth posted:

"reasonably charismatic"

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
loving LOL that the pod people are getting mad at people rightfully making GBS threads on Obama for putting Perez in place.

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1224553075018518528?s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo, Rick Santorum is still alive? I assume he died of embarrassment when he lost to Mitt Romney?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo, Rick Santorum is still alive? I assume he died of embarrassment when he lost to Mitt Romney?

CNN is his lifeline.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Doctor Teeth posted:

I know what all of these things are and agree it's likely

An app that cannot take in 1600 pieces of data over a few hours is a pretty impressively bad app

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

honestly if the Biden results are what I think they'll be (below 15%) i forsee Pete getting some momentum in NH, which is even more white than Iowa

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Verisimilidude posted:

Where are people getting info about turnout being low? I heard turnout was high

McMartin is chicken littling based on ~2% of numbers. As usual.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

NOMINUS

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

theflyingorc posted:

An app that cannot take in 1600 pieces of data over a few hours is a pretty impressively bad app

never underestimate the gently caress-it-up-itude of Robbie Mook

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

At first I thought it said they were attempting to relay the results telepathically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

honestly if the Biden results are what I think they'll be (below 15%) i forsee Pete getting some momentum in NH, which is even more white than Iowa

Yeah but it's also a primary, so there's less chance of Pete ending up with as much support in the end as he's gotten tonight.