Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

karthun posted:

Both are 501(c)4's and don't have to disclose their donors. 527 groups do.

"Dark money group" implies something very specific about the source of an organization's funds. Pete isn't arguing about what legal code their filings happen under, he's trying to imply that these groups are nefarious.

The real dark money group is Pete's campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/timtakestime/status/1224568968981237762?s=20

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Quick reminder that the whole world is watching this shitshow.

Just :lol: America

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

as a foreigner, a question

like we read in history texts and journalism chronicles about how loving atrocious the internal organization of the democratic party is, but I am not versed well enough in the subject so I gotta ask

Is this the usual way that the dems roll? Because jfc that explains so much about them being a sad sack of garbage in the guise of a mildly centre-left party

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

karthun posted:

Both are 501(c)4's and don't have to disclose their donors. 527 groups do.

thank you, snivelling rat creature, back to your hole now

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

This is certainly a ratfuck.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

dead gay comedy forums posted:

like we read in history texts and journalism chronicles about how loving atrocious the internal organization of the democratic party is, but I am not versed well enough in the subject so I gotta ask

Is this the usual way that the dems roll? Because jfc that explains so much about them being a sad sack of garbage in the guise of a mildly centre-left party

I don't think even Bush Sr. was this completely owned by the CIA.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Is this the usual way that the dems roll?

Yes. The biggest surprise of tonight is that they didn't gently caress up worse somehow.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yes, they are desperate to stop the progressive wing and hamstring the best candidate, because he is progressive.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

not an american but from what i gather, americans don't riot when stuff like this happens because they're just used to it by now

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

quote:

JBP posted:

The creators of this technology sound like a Bond antagonist.

The Glumslinger posted:

So it's a CIA front?
Yeah that would be weird, especially when zucks roommate / Mckinsey consultant / intelligence guy who hired spooks as his bodyguards is running. :ninja:

Ytlaya posted:

There is actual significant Pete support in Iowa specifically, but really only Iowa. He is just bizarrely popular there.
When you are planning a lot of nefarious poo poo, you need to look good on day one. :ninja:

Seph posted:

Two precincts in the same room? Holy poo poo what a clusterfuck. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be shot into the sun.
When youre short on trustworthy agents you cut down on sites. :ninja:

PepsiOverCoke
Dec 2, 2019

by Reene

Trabisnikof posted:

This is so obviously incorrect that you clearly don't understand how the caucuses work. It is very easy for someone to receive the most votes but not get the most delegates.

As someone that just got done chairing a loving caucus, i do know how it works.

You know what i meant, quit being pedanric and offensive .

No one cheated. I told you guys weeks ago that Pete and Bernie had the state and now that it seems to be the case, eveeyone is immediately calling hax

gently caress that. The results are captured by each campaign and triple reported by call, email, and i have a drat copy of the results in my pocket,signed by members of each team.

Maybe the app sucks, but the numbers seem mostly right.

The issue is whether a caucus was done right not any kind of shenanigans on reporting or aps

Carew
Jun 22, 2006

yes, they loving love byzantine technocratic non-solutions to simple problems like tax credits, apps, and means testing

edit: also, i'm not convinced this was entirely due to incompetence

Carew fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 4, 2020

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

[grieving for Gandalf]
PETE'S CAMPAIGN IS POSTING CAUCUS SHEETS WITH THE LOGIN PIN ON IT LMAO
[/quote]

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/HenryJGomez/status/1224575499143405570

pete declaring victory in SDE

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

OctaMurk posted:

They can't. Iowa had four years to put this poo poo together. There are three weeks left to get an app and train everyone how to use it before Nevada.

They should just have their people call in to HQ and put the results in a spreadsheet.

To get a secured system with auditing capabilities might take too long. For something just for a campaigns internal use? That is easily doable in two weeks. That's what makes this so darkly amusing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

RichardA posted:

To get a secured system with auditing capabilities might take too long. For something just for a campaigns internal use? That is easily doable in two weeks.

again, you could do this w/ a google doc

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1224564271578783744

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The Glumslinger posted:

Probably whichever numbers look best

are you implying bernie would engage in deception

PepsiOverCoke posted:

No one cheated. I told you guys weeks ago that Pete and Bernie had the state and now that it seems to be the case, eveeyone is immediately calling hax

gently caress that. The results are captured by each campaign and triple reported by call, email, and i have a drat copy of the results in my pocket,signed by members of each team.

The issue is whether a caucus was done right not any kind of shenanigans on reporting or aps

you're just saying that because you're plotting against bernie

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

They are mildly center right, they cooked up their various books of dirty tricks before the internet era when you could do stuff like this and no one would know, and its not actually incompetent when you consider the strategy is "sabotage Sanders" and not "defeat Trump". Wall Street (the people that run the DNC) like Trump better than the mean man who wants more taxes.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

It's honestly incredible that the DNC hasn't said anything about this situation yet.
Theyre not going to brag about it until its over. Like last time when they bragged after the fact that "we're allowed to cheat and you cant stop us". No one really internalized that.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/status/1224573778035904512?s=20

Tunafish
Jun 13, 2003
King of all that is suck
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

again, you could do this w/ a google doc

I'm sorry but the correct answer here is obviously blockchain.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

PepsiOverCoke posted:

The app was designed by a company owned by a Buttigieg supporter.

Of course you've been boostering Pete the whole time while telling your story about being a caucus chair. But sure, that means you're such an expert that anyone else is a fool if they don't believe you.

This is a ratfuck even if the rightful victor is able to claim victory.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
it's been an honor posting through this madness with you gentlemen

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
So they don't have full results, they outperformed expectations, so.... Declare victory?

What a piece of poo poo

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

no idea what FITN is but that guy sounds pissed

e: I got it, thanks :)

MSDOS KAPITAL fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 4, 2020

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

PepsiOverCoke posted:

for sure dude

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

first in the nation

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Democrats have abandoned their labor ties to cater to raising money from professionals and big corps.

But the key thing that explains tonight is that the entire organization is a massive patronage grift where tons of money and high salary positions go to people as rewards for loyalty.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

RichardA posted:

To get a secured system with auditing capabilities might take too long. For something just for a campaigns internal use? That is easily doable in two weeks. That's what makes this so darkly amusing.

On the other hand -- google docs or an excel sheet takes like one day to train everyone (or an email telling them what to do) and is guaranteed to work. Making an app on this time scale would be a waste of time and resources, and they don't have much time.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Trabisnikof posted:

The app was designed by a company owned by a Buttigieg supporter.

Of course you've been boostering Pete the whole time while telling your story about being a caucus chair. But sure, that means you're such an expert that anyone else is a fool if they don't believe you.

This is a ratfuck even if the rightful victor is able to claim victory.

he's fuckin' there, dude!

let's not yell off people who know stuff, I like it when this forum has scoops. stop spooking the scoopers you dope.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

First in the nation

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/DavidWright_7/status/1224559312628015104

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

First in the nation, probably.

And yeah, Iowa kinda deserves to lose that status after this.

e:

lol Jesus christ, this is so dumb.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Kill Bristol posted:

it's been an honor posting through this madness with you gentlemen

Cheers. I'm donating 100% of my Predictit winnings to Sanders...I think I maxed out. gently caress this.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Iowa as First In The Nation is very threatened after tonight. They will probably have to give up the caucus to stay first.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
The app that isn't working is going to change the result from Bernie to Pete, you heard it folks

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Tunafish posted:

I'm sorry but the correct answer here is obviously blockchain.

Trying to use blockchain is my explanation for how it melted down so badly :D

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

I am guessing "First in the Nation".

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

PepsiOverCoke posted:

"heh kiddo you think chairing a caucus means you think you know how it works? let me, a person who had read many tweets tell ya' how it really goes down."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The crowdsourcing Google Sheet also has Butt in the lead, so maybe he really did win