Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

PantsBandit posted:

There's a little voice in my head telling me I should get extremely into tekken 7.

I haven't played a huge amount of Tekken but I've always had a lot of respect for it as being the fighting game that comes closest to actually representing two extremely skilled martial artists going at it. Although obviously at high levels you still get the jerky little footsie games.

Tekken is my favorite fighting game to watch because it's so clean about displaying execution that you can pretty much see how each player's tactics are unfolding onscreen.

In terms of playing it's probably third because I get too sucked into gimmicky bullshit (NRS/Soulcal)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts is the only approaching decent game the two were in and its still chockfull of garbage.

I feel like this is more than a little bit hyperbolic

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

in honor of the clusterfuck that is the iowa caucus, everyone should play a clusterfuck game like unlimited saga

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i dug out my ps3 to use as a dvd player in my room, and i decided to dig through my digital purchases. apparently at some point i bought Ateliers Rorona and Totori Plus, i don't have any memory of this. my main goal was to see if I owned Tales of Grace f digitally (I don't) and they want 35$ for it still on PSN gently caress off

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

so play the ateliers then

e: on my ps3 digitally i have resonance of fate, tales of symphonia, god hand, castlevania lament of innocence, chrono cross, legend of mana, and scott pilgrim

e: e: i want the atelier dusk trilogy on switch but $90 is too much for me atm, even though that's basically $30 per game

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 4, 2020

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
oh yeah i have a bunch of ps1 games: legend of mana, ff9, front mission 3, vagrant story, parasite eve, breath of fire 4

also i downloaded tokyo jungle because it kind of rules

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the only playstation i have ever bought on purpose was the ps3 and it was exactly to play 2 games: Tokyo Jungle and Ni No Kuni.

Man, I still wish I had that poo poo. I still regret never even getting up to the cool big animals.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Found out there's a cat cafe in Greensburg, that's not far away at all.

I don't think I could ever go to one though. I'd be too sad about not being able to take the cats home with me. I already know one of the reasons I could never foster cats is because KCB & I would always end up as failed fosters.

May 8, 2006

digging around seeing what a physical copy of Tales of Graces would cost, i stumbled across this so if you are wanting to go whole hog on Tales of now is your chance

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/Osu16Bit/status/1224584322709164032

This stuff has me checking in on C-SPAM which is probably bad for my health, I'm gonna go play some FF14

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*Stumbles into Game Chat at 2am with an interview in the morning*

Hoo boy the general fuckery in Iowa. Their trashy campaign app crashed and stopped all results coming in, and won't be fixed till tomorrow night!
And Buttgieg paid a dark money corp called SHADOW to make it. Then he declares victory with no official results out. So has everyone else.
Bernie has the most complete/precise results on hand, with him in the lead by 6% with 40% of precincts called.
We might not even have to have lovely Iowa caucuses anymore. Or first.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Man replaying Nioh in preparation for the sequel. This is still a good rear end game.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

When we were kids our Mario Kart house rule was not to use items against each other unless agreed upon beforehand.

My sister, the oldest, ignored the rule with impunity. She won a lot.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I feel like this is more than a little bit hyperbolic

I agree after further deliberation now that Im off work.

I still dont like Banjo&Kazooie 1 and 2.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if you screen-peek in Smash Bros then you have no honor

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Andrast posted:

Banjo Kazooie was never good

audible gasp

BK and BT were both very fun and good and cool and i'll fight anyone who says otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V46DRC4dEo4

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Tim Rogers has left Kotaku

https://twitter.com/108/status/1224419447269707783?s=21

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

What the loving hell. All my memories about the Psone/Pstwo era are that every single platform including the Saturn and Dreamcast had good multiplayer local games and we pooled pads and consoles when we did our meetups. Unless he counted the pc as the only rival existing on the scene, in that case ok I guess.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Relax Or DIE posted:

oh yeah i have a bunch of ps1 games: legend of mana, ff9, front mission 3, vagrant story, parasite eve, breath of fire 4

also i downloaded tokyo jungle because it kind of rules

Play Front Mission 3 because I want that on my Switch someday and can live vicariously through you

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Stux posted:

ps1 owned and had more bright and colorful fun games than n64 whos main non-nintendo titles were garbage like turok and bad resi port

Yeah, like, congratulations on scaring the biggest third party publishers off their home platform for four generations if we exclude bargain bin crap?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6CEKphkOoQ

Hype to see this translated.

Stux posted:

ps1 owned and had more bright and colorful fun games than n64 whos main non-nintendo titles were garbage like turok and bad resi port

Yeah nah mate.

Sorry you didn't own WCW vs NWO or Rogue Squadron.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

limaCAT posted:

Yeah, like, congratulations on scaring the biggest third party publishers off their home platform for four generations if we exclude bargain bin crap?

lol

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Shame about Tim Rogers, I've really been enjoying his videos on the kotaku channel this past month or two.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I love CCGs but I don't want to play 1v1 format, please someone other than a multiple years out of date magic the gathering game include a 2v2 or other style game.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Kerrzhe posted:

audible gasp

BK and BT were both very fun and good and cool and i'll fight anyone who says otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V46DRC4dEo4

Excuse me you're missing the Master Game, Nuts N' Bolts

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Barudak posted:

I love CCGs but I don't want to play 1v1 format, please someone other than a multiple years out of date magic the gathering game include a 2v2 or other style game.

Try the Arkham Horror or Marvel Champions game. They’re LCG’s (so your packs aren’t randomized, so you don’t have to spend hundreds to try collect everything. Just buy the packs) and co-op games, with Arkham you go through story scenarios, and Marvel you try to take down a villain.

They don’t have digital versions if that’s what you’re after though.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

insane banjo kazooie revisionism going on itt when its the best platformer on the n64

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

anyway as an n64 kid i can say very confidently the ps1 was better and anyone saying it had depressing games never understood the joy of tomba

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I forgot about this race in Freelancer, the game where ships all have the same top speed

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Feb 4, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The best N64 RARE game is Blast Corps

HD remake plz with all the controller jank included
namaste

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Black Stones posted:

Try the Arkham Horror or Marvel Champions game. They’re LCG’s (so your packs aren’t randomized, so you don’t have to spend hundreds to try collect everything. Just buy the packs) and co-op games, with Arkham you go through story scenarios, and Marvel you try to take down a villain.

They don’t have digital versions if that’s what you’re after though.

That is indeed what I'm after, sadly. I love LCGs just, you know, the model isn't conducive to people hogging up the bandwith.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the grass is always greener in glover

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Looper posted:

pyf d list n64 game, mine's rocket robot on wheels

body harvest :blastu:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Weedle posted:

body harvest :blastu:

Hell yeah loved this

I'm gonna say the mission impossible game

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I'm going to be so mad all day I just need to game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I really liked WinBack even if it was strictly better on the PS2 when they got around to porting it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Blast Corps' soundtrack is top tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm7pdLrIkbU&t=1108s

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Time to get moving!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Stux posted:

anyway as an n64 kid i can say very confidently the ps1 was better and anyone saying it had depressing games never understood the joy of tomba

I feel like that quote is directly talking about Klonoa, the cutest looking game ever designed with the biggest gut punch ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

al-azad posted:

I feel like that quote is directly talking about Klonoa, the cutest looking game ever designed with the biggest gut punch ending.

shoot, there's two gut punches in that game for me Grandpa :(