Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Kill Bristol posted:

jesus christ you can't loving ~hack~ an election that doesn't have secret ballots where everyone in the room knows how everyone else voted you goddamn morons. especially when at almost every caucus there are supporters from every campaign taking notes and photos and everything.

this makes the most deranged russiagate poo poo look reasonable.

The app that isn't working and nobody can use is going to change the results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

smoobles posted:

The crowdsourcing Google Sheet also has Butt in the lead, so maybe he really did win

Concerned Citizen posted:

bernie's results

only 40% of precincts reported

What percentage of the precincts is the google doc reporting?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Kill Bristol posted:

jesus christ you can't loving ~hack~ an election that doesn't have secret ballots where everyone in the room knows how everyone else voted you goddamn morons. especially when at almost every caucus there are supporters from every campaign taking notes and photos and everything.

Nobody is saying hacking. We're saying THEY'RE loving MORONS WHO BELONG AT THE BOTTOM OF A HOLE.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Grouchio posted:

BERNIE WON WHAT WAS COUNTED OH MY GOD

I HAVE AN INTERVIEW IN THE MORROW HOW AM I STILL UP

source? I see the internal numbers posted from the Bernie campaign, is this coming from the Iowa Democrats?

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Wicked Them Beats posted:

"Dark money group" implies something very specific about the source of an organization's funds. Pete isn't arguing about what legal code their filings happen under, he's trying to imply that these groups are nefarious.

The real dark money group is Pete's campaign.

I think its bullshit they are under 501(c)4 and get to engage in electioneering. 501(c)4 for is meant for groups like Kiwanis or Jaycees. Admittedly that is not the roll of modern 501(c)4's due to one of the many lovely 5-4 SCOTUS decisions. But still fuckem, they are wrong and they know they are wrong.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Concerned Citizen posted:

bernie's results

only 40% of precincts reported

Bernie 1st Butt 2nd

40% reported

ugh this is killing me

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
don't think those are actually good for bernie. his own results show it pretty close, and the 40% that reported are likely his best precincts (because that's where he has volunteers who are precinct captains)

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Kill Bristol posted:

No. But you can poo poo yourself and roll around in it. And that's what the Iowa democratic party did tonight.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 4, 2020

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Kill Bristol posted:

atelier morgan posted:

There's no need to change the vote totals. Iowa's delegate count is irrelevant to who wins the nomination, the state matters because it would have allowed bernie to demonstrate that he's electable and can win by virtue of, having won. Just, make it 'impossible to know' for a month or more and you avoid having a positive news cycle about bernie winning.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
https://twitter.com/danielmarans/status/1224578266851356672?s=20

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Zotix posted:

No. But you can poo poo yourself and roll around in it. And that's what the Iowa DNC did tonight.

"The Iowa DNC"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

He's going to win new Hampshire, this theory isn't very good

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gonna be cool when Bernie blows out New Hampshire in a week and none of this stupid poo poo matters

if the end result of this nonsense is Biden sinking and Iowa losing its sacred rite, good

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

"The Iowa DNC"

It's 130am and I worked today. gently caress you.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1224573131731369994

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Folks, Democracy Random Chance in action!

https://twitter.com/russelneiss/status/1224537598271676417?s=21

PepsiOverCoke
Dec 2, 2019

by Reene
I dont think i can share the app so im not going to. It.has a bog standard android icon and is only accessible by both sms verification, email verification, and a specific precinct and pin number verification.

You canr get in without the physical phone, registered email addy, and the pin given to you by the county chair in your packet.

Its also not been seen in any screenshot shared here.

As for cheating, are you guys missing the part where the other campaigns have their own apps.

They all take photos of the math work sheet.

They all have their own count of the preference cards.

They all call in their results independently.

And the chair, with the secretary backing them, does all of it the same.

Its very hard to cheat this thing and very hard to hack the app since its manual input matched up with the photo proof.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Here's the conspiracy angle

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1224579282917363713

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Iowa Democratic Party paid and implemented the app from Shadow.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
I suppose this kills the WARREN UP narrative?

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I participated in the in the Iowa caucuses tonight.

A new detail was the introduction of a card to track primary and secondary preferences. This appears to be a result of campaigns wanting to know more details about how their candidates performed when their candidate was declared non-viable, and tracking the horse-trading after that occurs.

The card definitely resulted in additional delays as everyone was given a card, and then instructed to not fill it out. The intent of the card was to only have people fill it out after the 1st round of preferences were completed, and to document the preferences of people who selected a viable candidate to ensure that they did not then switch allegiance to another candidate which would violate the new rules.

Any deviance from these rules (someone signing both sides of the ballot, someone signing a ballot before the 1st round of preference selection, etc) was called out as a "spoiled" card, and needed intervention. This introduced significant delays in the process, however, they don't explain the massive delays we're seeing now. The delegate breakdown for my precinct was decided over 2.5 hours ago and shouldn't still be not reported to the media.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

my bony fealty posted:

gonna be cool when Bernie blows out New Hampshire in a week and none of this stupid poo poo matters

if the end result of this nonsense is Biden sinking and Iowa losing its sacred rite, good

Yup, the real story here is Biden failing, hard. Biden isn't going to win NH or Nevada. If he doesn't win South Carolina, he's finished.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1224579761193848832

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
The best thing, Tulsi got 9 votes. Like how sad of a person are you to be one of those 9.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

karthun posted:

I think its bullshit they are under 501(c)4 and get to engage in electioneering. 501(c)4 for is meant for groups like Kiwanis or Jaycees. Admittedly that is not the roll of modern 501(c)4's due to one of the many lovely 5-4 SCOTUS decisions. But still fuckem, they are wrong and they know they are wrong.

in this post, you admit your complaint does not even rise to the level of technicality, it's something you think ought to be a technicality were it not for the fact people who don't give a poo poo about your opinion have already told you to gently caress off.

see previous statement re: snivelling rat creature, hole.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

PepsiOverCoke posted:

I dont think i can share the app so im not going to. It.has a bog standard android icon and is only accessible by both sms verification, email verification, and a specific precinct and pin number verification.

You canr get in without the physical phone, registered email addy, and the pin given to you by the county chair in your packet.

As for cheating, are you guys missing the part where the other campaigns have their own apps.

Its very hard to cheat this thing and very hard to hack the app since its manual input matched up with the photo proof.

shut up rat

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

theflyingorc posted:

He's going to win new Hampshire, this theory isn't very good

Candidates have won New Hampshire and completely fizzled out or become irrelevant, happens all the time. Winning Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada is a bit more convincing. Good thing that possibility is off the table!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

PepsiOverCoke posted:

Any theories on what went wrong? Something hosed up on the backend that couldn't handle stress?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Yup, the real story here is Biden failing, hard. Biden isn't going to win NH or Nevada. If he doesn't win South Carolina, he's finished.

He shouldn't go on even if he did win South Carolina.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

40% of precincts reporting with a 5% lead, seems like it would be hard for Buttigieg to catch up in votes. But with the way delegates are apportioned, he may have surpassed Sanders in delegate count.

The Democratic Party which has lost several key elections due to the electoral college, literally implementing its own form of the electoral college.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

CubanMissile posted:

Any theories on what went wrong? Something hosed up on the backend that couldn't handle stress?

they got grifted

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
the democratic party, normally an organization that operates with terrifying efficiency, loving up? impossible. suspect langley may have been involved.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

they got grifted

Ding ding

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

PepsiOverCoke posted:

atelier morgan posted:

There's no need to change the vote totals. Iowa's delegate count is irrelevant to who wins the nomination, the state matters because it would have allowed bernie to demonstrate that he's electable and can win by virtue of, having won. Just, make it 'impossible to know' for a month or more and you avoid having a positive news cycle about bernie winning.

Alternatively: shut up, rat

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

I thought Jeff Weaver was not longer employed by Bernie, or is he just no longer the campaign manager and was given another roll?

E: Just did sme searching and I guess he still is with the campaign, just switched out of high profile rolls.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

theflyingorc posted:

The app that isn't working and nobody can use is going to change the results

It didn't change results it just made it impossible for them to declare a victor, which lets Biden skate on getting crushed, lets Pete declare victory with no numbers released, and casts doubt on the ultimate results when it comes out that Bernie won.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Amazing. Butt declares victory then they release three sentences full of gobbledygook and incomplete numbers. Bernie hits back with the full tabulated results so far.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

OctaMurk posted:

The Democratic Party which has lost several key elections due to the electoral college, literally implementing its own form of the electoral college.
You don't think both are intentional?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

CubanMissile posted:

Mayor Pete paid to ensure the app would fail and start spitting database errors and in the subsequent confusion declare himself the winner. how's that's. Pete did Iowa 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

atelier morgan posted:

Candidates have won New Hampshire and completely fizzled out or become irrelevant, happens all the time. Winning Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada is a bit more convincing. Good thing that possibility is off the table!

It isn't, results will probably be in tomorrow or the next day

We have records of every precinct