Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

yeah, he's a significant contributor to the show being able to sign a new contract that makes them profitable less than a year out from starting tv. that's worth every penny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Karmine posted:

Butt weavers

loving loved this :allears:

Also I know we make a lot of jokes about WWE's core audience being the 50+ demo, but never was it more apparent than when Bryan Alvarez's 90-year-old grandmother heard that somebody was going to eat dogfood on Smackdown and said,"Oh I gotta see that!" and then was disappointed that nobody actually ate dogfood.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I know it's The Bad Company and all but The New Day podcast is becoming one of the best parts of my week. They spare no opportunity to bag on WWE for their bonehead creative and you get great stories like Big E devouring an entire chicken in front of a room full of underprivileged kids who only had PB&J to eat.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

you get great stories like Big E devouring an entire chicken in front of a room full of underprivileged kids who only had PB&J to eat.

Yeah I'm gonna give this a listen

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You, an idiot: Edge is the biggest return in wrestling this year.

Me, an intellectual:
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1224494473310113792

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan and Filthy having absolutely no idea what "once removed" means in genealogy and taking it literally was quite...special.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

I know it's The Bad Company and all but The New Day podcast is becoming one of the best parts of my week. They spare no opportunity to bag on WWE for their bonehead creative and you get great stories like Big E devouring an entire chicken in front of a room full of underprivileged kids who only had PB&J to eat.

:hfive: New Day Pod rules. Any time Big E gets fired up is gold.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Bryan and Filthy having absolutely no idea what "once removed" means in genealogy and taking it literally was quite...special.

I'll say this, at least Bryan admitted he didn't know and actually went and looked it up.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I'll say this, at least Bryan admitted he didn't know and actually went and looked it up.

He did, but then they both kept referring to "removed" in a literal sense.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bryan looking something up rarely leads to him understanding it.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Nothing will ever best the time he argued that identical twins could be both as different sexes despite Lance asking "YOU KNOW WHAT IDENTICAL MEANS, RIGHT?!"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Nothing will ever best the time he argued that identical twins could be both as different sexes despite Lance asking "YOU KNOW WHAT IDENTICAL MEANS, RIGHT?!"

When I was a kid there were a set of twins in my class - a boy and a girl. But they both had incredibly similar faces (like, more than just brother/sister similar.) I thought they were identical.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

GoutPatrol posted:

When I was a kid there were a set of twins in my class - a boy and a girl. But they both had incredibly similar faces (like, more than just brother/sister similar.) I thought they were identical.

The key point is you were not in your mid thirties at the time. Bryan thought this in tyool 2010

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

The key point is you were not in your mid thirties at the time. Bryan thought this in tyool 2010

neither is Bryan, he's over 40

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Lone Goat posted:

:ughh:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

this is some steiner alvarez math

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I saw tyool 201x and just assumed we're talking about this year. not bad at math, just incredibly unaware of time and space around me!

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Alvarez-tier reading comprehension ITT

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he is 69 years old, and has 420 gold-plated audio cables

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Don't forget his GOLD BOAT!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's honestly becoming my favorite show of the week. Their chemistry is off the chain and the way they constantly dunk on creative is great.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
jim cornette is having a meltdown about Meltzer

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Look forward to Meltz being so upset he says Cornette is working a gimmick, how he doesn’t like it, and then doing nothing else about it at all.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Punch McLightning posted:

Look forward to Meltz being so upset he says Cornette is working a gimmick, how he doesn’t like it, and then doing nothing else about it at all.

i mean that's probably the best way to handle it other than just ignoring it completely. cornette is the pissbaby throwing away a decades long friendship because Dave liked a match he doesn't like. it's ridiculous, it doesn't merit a serious response

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Omega could never be a draw in the states.
Well, as demonstrated by this, this and this, he is.
I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, WE'RE NOT FRIENDS ANYMORE, I HATE YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

We have a Cornette thread to talk about that sad, pathetic man.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Low Desert Punk posted:

i mean that's probably the best way to handle it other than just ignoring it completely. cornette is the pissbaby throwing away a decades long friendship because Dave liked a match he doesn't like. it's ridiculous, it doesn't merit a serious response

Yeah, I mean, I'm no fan but there's no point in engaging with the crazy person losing it because you like a wrestler/match he doesn't like. Its not like you're gonna reason with him or his fans/the anti-AEW brigade.

That has nothing to do with him being lovely defending Cornette's racism. It just makes that look sad on top of wrong.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

It's honestly becoming my favorite show of the week. Their chemistry is off the chain and the way they constantly dunk on creative is great.

I just started listening to the first episode and I'm laughing so drat hard at Big E.

PUSH THIS MAN TO THE MOON.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Meltzer: Vince McMahon is one of those Japanese soldiers on a desert island who didn't know the war was over.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Dango Bango posted:

I just started listening to the first episode and I'm laughing so drat hard at Big E.

PUSH THIS MAN TO THE MOON.

Big E describing his dream match might be be the funniest thing WWE has ever done.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Meltzer: Vince McMahon is one of those Japanese soldiers on a desert island who didn't know the war was over.

They (the wwe) are going to have to break Ted Turner out of cryostasis in order to fake a concession speech to save the bad company.

(This is where my gamble fails and I am reiterating a joke made in the show because I don’t have a subscription)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dave responding to being called CNN:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1224832153487208448

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1224844758297661440

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cena is on some junk. Its probably legal and monitored properly but lmao at some CNN talking head understanding how to keep your swole when you throw yourself at the ground for a living.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Cena is an idiot if he’s not on gear. Dave needs this ‘lie about gear at all costs’ mentality back in the 90s where it belongs. On one cares.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

mkay0 posted:

Cena is an idiot if he’s not on gear. Dave needs this ‘lie about gear at all costs’ mentality back in the 90s where it belongs. On one cares.

It's really funny considering that all you need to go is to go to one of these "Men's health clinics" and a grand or two later you've got a whole stack and estrogen blockers.

Dave is probably also on TRT.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol he's not mad because they said he was on steroids, it was a super misleading doctored interview that looked like cena said I Take Steroids.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Mr Cena don't take your anger out on me, Mr Cena get back, Mr Cena noooooooo!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Midnightghoul posted:

Mr Cena don't take your anger out on me, Mr Cena get back, Mr Cena noooooooo!

:laffo:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

yea ok posted:

lol he's not mad because they said he was on steroids, it was a super misleading doctored interview that looked like cena said I Take Steroids.
It was this. Dave used to talk all about how Cena was on the gas when he was still around. He never said it directly, but he said just enough to not be sued for libel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Dave is completely right about CNN