Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Real talk: Max is an adult and in a position to speak out on issues like child abuse and have a lot of people listen. That would be extremely brave and cool and good and the day he gets a restraining order and bans his oval office father from having anything to do with his family I will actively cheer for him.

I don't blame him for not speaking out, because fear of the abuser can be a lifelong thing. I hope for Max's sake that he gets the help he needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

More real talk: ferrari suck and fans of them should be permabanned

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

succhiare il mio cazzo e fuckman

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

NtotheTC posted:

I don't agree with this

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

Not exactly suprised that Brexit has served only to embolden british people to make more baseless racist attacks like this one

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

the kentucky quid posted:

Not exactly suprised that Brexit has served only to embolden british people to make more baseless racist attacks like this one

aggreed, ban every british person from this lovely forum

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Ban Australia and Canada from the commonwealth imo

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NtotheTC posted:

You want to deprive the thread of delicious tifosi tears? A very #Unblessed attitude imo.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
this season the tifosi tears will be tears of joy once big charles le clerc wins the wdc and wcc #esereferrari

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

this season the tifosi tears will be tears of joy once big charles le clerc wins the wdc and wcc #esereferrari

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

Ban Australia and Canada from the commonwealth imo

We got the best part of the monarchy so we will very gladly gently caress off at this point.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

track day bro! posted:

im still lolling at poois shamilton complaining about people not doing enough about climate change while swanning around in a private jet and flying around the globe to attend formula 1 races. at least gentle honest vettle rides his old motorcycle to every race because he cares about the environment

His jet flies 100% on petulance. The energy of the future.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

We got the best part of the monarchy so we will very gladly gently caress off at this point.
Agreed, you got the American

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
ferrari fans are good and they are full of italian passion

#essereFerrari

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Ferrari are so bad I dropped support for them last year.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
When Ferrari wins the WDC and WCC this thread will be renamed the Official Scuderia Ferrari MISSINWINDNOW thread and only true believers will be allowed to post.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I'd be pretty happy if somehow chuck the clerk, maximum versmashen and poois hamstilton all had competitive cars next year. A multi car fight for the championship would own

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

max loves to put on blackface during dutch christmas

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

mrfart posted:

His jet flies 100% on petulance. The energy of the future.

He sold the jet due to climate concerns iirc

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Hell, Leclerc might win the WDC for ferrari.

But just lol if you think Vettel can stop spinning long enough to get them the WCC too

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is it too much to ask for some non clown pit strategies and Vettel to not copy my driving style this season. its all i ask

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If Ferrari fired Jock Clear I would be incredibly confident in their championship odds

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
I know the meme is poo poo all over Pirelli but aren't they the only manufacturer that has had to deal with strategy relying on tires rather than refueling? Didn't they make tires that were just much more durable when refueling was a thing since thats what determined when you pitted?

Sort of feels like they get a bad wrap when the philosophy went from "make fast tires" to "make fast tires that last between 9 and 13 laps then have a cliff drop of performance, pls do this for 20 different tracks at varying track temps, thx"

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Immolat1on posted:

I know the meme is poo poo all over Pirelli but aren't they the only manufacturer that has had to deal with strategy relying on tires rather than refueling? Didn't they make tires that were just much more durable when refueling was a thing since thats what determined when you pitted?

Sort of feels like they get a bad wrap when the philosophy went from "make fast tires" to "make fast tires that last between 9 and 13 laps then have a cliff drop of performance, pls do this for 20 different tracks at varying track temps, thx"

The problem is that they've been making F1 tyres for almost 10 years now and they still can't seem to get it right. At the moment their tyres have such a narrow temp window where they work optimally which is why all the drivers piss and moan about them because they have to be used in such a narrow window. Too cold and they won't deliver enough grip and just get worse in a downward spiral, too hot and they stop working properly.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

The problem is that they've been making F1 tyres for almost 10 years now and they still can't seem to get it right. At the moment their tyres have such a narrow temp window where they work optimally which is why all the drivers piss and moan about them because they have to be used in such a narrow window. Too cold and they won't deliver enough grip and just get worse in a downward spiral, too hot and they stop working properly.

Yeah, plus they make a fortune selling painted tyres to dickheads who can't drive their £300k supercars for poo poo.

Pirelli road tyres are comparatively poo poo and have been for like 20 years, so it's no surprise their race tyre operation is just as poo poo. Everybody who says 'Pirelli are good' are probably referring to their experience with the P6000 from back in the mid 90s and are usually the same type of person who tells you not to drain your fuel tank dry because 'all the crap gets sucked into the fuel system.' Modern P Zeros wear like rear end, have a harsh ride and aren't that much cheaper than superior Michelins or Continentals and are usually more expensive than superior Goodyears or Dunlops. They're expensive Bridgestones and Bridgestone are somehow even worse than Pirelli at a similar price point.

Thanks for attending my TED talk on tyres.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

Yeah, plus they make a fortune selling painted tyres to dickheads who can't drive their £300k supercars for poo poo.

Pirelli road tyres are comparatively poo poo and have been for like 20 years, so it's no surprise their race tyre operation is just as poo poo. Everybody who says 'Pirelli are good' are probably referring to their experience with the P6000 from back in the mid 90s and are usually the same type of person who tells you not to drain your fuel tank dry because 'all the crap gets sucked into the fuel system.' Modern P Zeros wear like rear end, have a harsh ride and aren't that much cheaper than superior Michelins or Continentals and are usually more expensive than superior Goodyears or Dunlops. They're expensive Bridgestones and Bridgestone are somehow even worse than Pirelli at a similar price point.

Thanks for attending my TED talk on tyres.

In conclusion Italy is a land of contrasts, top tier food, women and cars (Lamborghini and Pagani) contrasted against poo poo tier tyres and cars (Pube Diarrhoea Failrrari)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Didn't all the Lambos get penalized for illegal gearboxes at Daytona? Turns out Lamborghini is Italian after all

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Pirelli F1 tires have always been bad. Aside from their qualifying tires some years.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Pirelli motorcycle tyres are ok, but I still prefer Michelin

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Andrea De Cesaris of all people voluntarily retired in a race because the performance of his Pirelli rain tires were so diabolical.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Pirelli has always managed to make the shittiest tire, and I don't think there's a single season where they competed with another manufacturer where they were the superior choice and at this point it feels like f1 is keeping them around out of sheer pity

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Imagine being so bad that Goodyear are better.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
*race where literally everyones tires bursts due to excessive heat and degradation*

FIA: hmm what if we made every race like this, what's the shittiest tire manufacturer we can think of that could pull such a thing off

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

If Ferrari fired Jock Clear I would be incredibly confident in their championship odds

They would probably just hire Sam Michael

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

the worst tire for the worst sport its extremely poetic

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'd love to see what Michelin could do when it comes to an F1 tyre. I mean in LMP1 they were able to run a slick intermediate at one point.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

track day bro! posted:

Is that your car? Looks nice and clean :cheerdoge:

It's annoying because I knew exactly what I did wrong, the crainer curves have a slight switchback going downhill. Problem was I kept taking the first part of it wrong which pushed me further and further to the edge of the track on corner exit, which wouldn't be a problem because there is a bit of curb you can ride. Until I was going so wide that one rear wheel ended up on the grass instead of the curb, this + the rear wheels being completely unloaded meant that the slight bit of lock i had on just made the car spin all the way round.

Worst thing about it was that I was with an instructor.
Thanks. I love my MR2. I love having a big ol' 58mm turbo mounted just behind my head. Whoooosh! And with an external wastegate, it just screams.

I stopped having snap oversteer issues once I replaced my wobbly old wheel bearings and put cheater-mode R888s on. And learned to not lift, of course. Never lift.

Are front-engine-havers even real Formula 1 fans?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Zeta Acosta posted:

When Ferrari wins the WDC and WCC this thread will be renamed the Official Scuderia Ferrari MISSINWINDNOW thread and only true believers will be allowed to post.

This feels only fair.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dudley posted:

This feels only fair.

Cant wait for Lewis to win the F1 championship with Ferrari and overtake Schumacher for WDCs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

td4guy posted:

I stopped having snap oversteer issues once I replaced my wobbly old wheel bearings and put cheater-mode R888s on.

Did you have the tyres inflated with nitrogen?