Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

I remember playing the gently caress out of BuckBumble as a kid but I also cannot remember anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I kept telling my friends Hybrid Heaven on N64 was extremely good because it seemed cool and mature but actually I didn't understand it at all and didn't have the expansion pack so I couldn't even save my game

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I remember playing the gently caress out of BuckBumble as a kid but I also cannot remember anything about it.

You don't remember the theme song?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I kept telling my friends Hybrid Heaven on N64 was extremely good because it seemed cool and mature but actually I didn't understand it at all and didn't have the expansion pack so I couldn't even save my game

Hybrid Heaven seems so cool and then you sit down to play it was my experience.

Also its cheating but that Evangelion game for the N64 that never came to America is another interesting N64 game because it was kind of like an attempt at RAD before RAD and also is the source for a bunch of the worst Evangelion EU material.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Hybrid Heaven seems so cool and then you sit down to play it was my experience.

Also its cheating but that Evangelion game for the N64 that never came to America is another interesting N64 game because it was kind of like an attempt at RAD before RAD and also is the source for a bunch of the worst Evangelion EU material.

ohhhh man if a game could ever use a re-work/remake it's Hybrid Heaven

so much promise but the game is eehhhhhh

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i meant to go to bed early last night because i was still feeling it from the super bowl party i was at on sunday but i started watching the iowa caucus and i only managed to fall asleep at 1:00 in the morning and i feel even worse than yesterday and i have all these videogames i want to play but i'm so tired

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

You don't remember the theme song?

Correction - it is the only thing I remember

https://youtu.be/x7ok5AV7ZrM

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Cowcaster posted:

i meant to go to bed early last night because i was still feeling it from the super bowl party i was at on sunday but i started watching the iowa caucus and i only managed to fall asleep at 1:00 in the morning and i feel even worse than yesterday and i have all these videogames i want to play but i'm so tired

did you leave the witcher running again though

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i didn't even get to play the witcher

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

As soon as they were like "uhhhh it looks like we're having some inconsistencies/technical difficulties reporting the results" I went to bed

Hopefully they'll get this embarrassing poo poo ironed out by the end of the day here lol

Playing thru my first area (Northern) of Hyper Light Doriftu and am acclimating to the controls

Do any of the things the shops are selling in the little starting town drastically change the way the game feels or are they all sorta number buffs? Game feels like it needs a few more techniques or something to feel interesting

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you get sword techniques from one shop, yeah. one lets you chain dashes (the most important imho), one is a dash slash that lets you pass through enemies and does 2 damage to each one/extends the length of the dash, and one is a thrust dash that only does one hit of damage on its own but sends the enemy flying and if they hit a wall they take a big chunk of damage (or even better, fall down a pit and die instantly). the gun shop just gives each gun more shots from what i remember. can't remember which of them sells grenades.

edit: oh and there's a charge up swing/spin attack that does a big chunk of damage but obviously it takes a little bit to wind up and you essentially have to plant your feet while holding it (you get a grace period of about 6 inches of movement while charging)

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 4, 2020

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My biggest gaming shame is that I never actually finished PT and my current PS4 doesn't have it on it :(

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you know what i'm getting myself all mixed up here:

sword shop:
-dash slash
-deflect bullets with sword
-spin attack

movement shop:
-chain dash
-dash eats bullets
-dash stab

gun shop:
-extra bullets for each gun

bomb shop:
-unlock bomb ability (infinite use but has a cooldown), upgrade to two charges

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
More movement options definitely sounds good for HLD... chain dash and dash slash is what I'm thinkin' first. I tend to forget about the gun unless something is actually out of reach of being sword'ed

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

once you find the shotgun you'll use the gun more, it's your biggest source of a big spike of "gently caress you" damage outside of the spin attack or shoving something off a cliff

pistol works too if you just dump the magazine when you fill the meter entirely

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

So far in 2020 I've played through:

-Control
-Prey
-Into the Breach

Nice year of gaming so far!

I've played a poo poo load of into the breach the past few days and it's super fun, but I can't beat the final mission after I've done all 4 islands. I did it with 2 islands cleared pretty easily though. Is there a mech pack I should buy that would make it easier? I hate how it doesn't show you any details about them until you buy them.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rusted Hulks are easy mode

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Depends on your playstyle but I think the ice squad are a good go to. I always did the best with rusting hulks and blitzkrieg, and the worst with judoka

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The fire mech set with a fully upgraded swap mech makes the last mission hilariously easy due to all the insta-kill environmental hazards you can exploit.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
The Frozen Titans have a pretty cheesy tactic: a frozen Vek still counts as an unit on field for them, and won't get reinforced by a new one.

That being said, the first squad is one of the top ones, since they get good moves with both damage and pushing power.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Thanks for the input! I like the rift walkers so much I almost don't want to try any other ones, haha. But after failing the final mission twice I was losing patience.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Where's the second reveal Platinum gently caress.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

once you find the shotgun you'll use the gun more, it's your biggest source of a big spike of "gently caress you" damage outside of the spin attack or shoving something off a cliff

pistol works too if you just dump the magazine when you fill the meter entirely

gotta just remember it's there and empty the clip into something every once in awhile

eat ambiguous energy weapon discharge you weird bird people

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Got my 2070 Super today to be ready for Doom Eternal and there's nothing demanding hardware-wise I really want to play until then. Guess I'll try it on games that ran really poorly with my 970, like, uh, Left Alive. :shepface:

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

GUI posted:

Got my 2070 Super today to be ready for Doom Eternal and there's nothing demanding hardware-wise I really want to play until then. Guess I'll try it on games that ran really poorly with my 970, like, uh, Left Alive. :shepface:

If you're looking for suggestions...Control with RTX is both really fun and super demanding.

Shadow of the tomb raider is beautiful but kinda boring.

What else...metro exodus and gears 5 have some eye candy but I bounced on them too after a few hours.

Naoto Shirogane
May 8, 2019

I’m going to prepare my daily sacrifice to the PlayStation Gods for a release of Persona 4 Golden on a console that’s not dead

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Naoto Shirogane posted:

I’m going to prepare my daily sacrifice to the PlayStation Gods for a release of Persona 4 Golden on a console that’s not dead

P1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 in their updated forms are all announced at once for the Nintendo Switch

QOL stuff is patched in for 1, 2, and 3

do it you bastards

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah except ps4

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i do wonder if they're some unwritten (or written) agreement between atlus and sony to keep the newer mainline games off competing systems.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

atlus decided after ps2 having like 8 unbelievably good jrpgs from the smt series that they couldnt just do that anymore and instead had to take a whole generation for one persona on a normal console and a mediocre smt mainline in 2d on a handheld

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Butter Hole posted:

Thanks for the input! I like the rift walkers so much I almost don't want to try any other ones, haha. But after failing the final mission twice I was losing patience.

Rift Walkers remain one of the best squads in the game because IIRC every single mech can move enemies which is extremely useful.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I feel like atlus prolly has a lot of unwritten rules, and I don't wanna know about em

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

anyway whether its an agreement or just internal, playstation gets persona and nintendo gets mainline

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Songbearer posted:

Excuse me you're missing the Master Game, Nuts N' Bolts

nuts and bolts was not good

Infinitum posted:

The best N64 RARE game is Blast Corps

HD remake plz with all the controller jank included
namaste

blast corps was though

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was hanging out with some acquaintances a while back, and my ears perked up when I heard them mention Persona. But they were talking about the Ingmar Bergman film :(

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
"The man who delivers" are the words I'll never hear from my wife.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Andrast posted:

Banjo Kazooie was never good

also you were supposed to play quake in the computer class of your school when your teacher didn't give a poo poo

The B-K and B-T remakes for 360 were a vast improvement because they made the notes permanent collectibles. On the N64, you had to get all 100 of them for every level in a single run.

precision posted:

My biggest gaming shame is that I never actually finished PT and my current PS4 doesn't have it on it :(

If it’s in your history you can still get it, fyi: http://wololo.net/2016/04/10/how-to-redownload-p-t-silent-hills/

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 4, 2020

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
So the five or so PSO fans left in Europe may be pleased to know this:

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1222967403895611392

:unsmith:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

how many years old is phantasy star online 2 anyway that they finally got around to porting it to a single north american console

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
It only took 8 years and the rise (and petering out?) of a community that plays with an english patch on the asian servers for more than half the time