Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1224736815275315200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

loving lord

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Why the gently caress don't you just go in and cast a ballot in Iowa? Why is their poo poo so loving stupid? My brain is melting.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

here's something you all should know. jess is literally one of the only legitimate progressive congressional races in the nation. a lot of these people have no idea what they are doing. she is the best investment for a progressive primary because we're doing the work, and we're not tweeting dumb poo poo.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

pigz posted:

That said the going rate for a decent junior engineer in most sectors without much experience and just some good college credentials can get you started at 100k-150k in total compensation.

Maybe in silicon valley, DC is probably more like 60k-90k

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Thoguh posted:

There are multiple people in the Dem and Bernie threads who came to Iowa and got sent to podunk caucuses to observe and report results.

yeah but iowa has like 1800 locations. there's no way someone got sent to every single one like the tweet says

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
this is garbage, the democratic party is garbage trying to manipulate this poo poo against bernie if they're doing this bullshit at step one imagine how bad its going to get by the time we're at the actual convention

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Noam Chomsky posted:

Why the gently caress don't you just go in and cast a ballot in Iowa? Why is their poo poo so loving stupid? My brain is melting.

Greatest democracy on earth :patriot:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
:siren:
https://twitter.com/rubycramer/status/1224743528468766728?s=19

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/1224744288988385280

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Goons realize that programming is an idiot grift

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

If you really think about it, this just means that Bernie has won, is winning, and will win

The Iowa caucus

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

for a long while i thought buttigieg was just some goofy neolib rear end in a top hat but now im p sure hes a supervillain

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Everyone looking at Russia for election meddling, but we just do it preventively

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Raccooon posted:

Have Iowa Dems even made clear what the hell is going on?

Lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nichael posted:

here's something you all should know. jess is literally one of the only legitimate progressive congressional races in the nation. a lot of these people have no idea what they are doing. she is the best investment for a progressive primary because we're doing the work, and we're not tweeting dumb poo poo.

Please don't get ratfucked, nichael

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

wait wait sorry

the "majority" of the results lmao

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1224744671735427073

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

pigz posted:

That said the going rate for a decent junior engineer in most sectors without much experience and just some good college credentials can get you started at 100k-150k in total compensation.

gimme that sweet sweet WeWork equity

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Just in time to be buried by coverage of the SotU!

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
i’m going to poo poo my pants in protest of this absolute fuckerry

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

What I don't get is they do coin tosses for the last delegate but its not when their is a vote tie.

Why not just give the last delegate to whichever campaign had the most votes as the reward for the better turnout?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

probably the verified results from precincts not being challenged, almost guaranteed that campaigns are challenging a few

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Noam Chomsky posted:

Back when you had counties where maybe a dozen people would vote and they all knew each other, having a system where you get together, talk over the candodates, and come to some kind of decision together, might've made more sense/increased the electoral power of the few people involved, but these days, with a modern electorate and modern problems, it's kinda bug brained.

Even having an idea of why caucuses are a thing, they're still less democratic than regular voting and so it loving sucks.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

lmao I wanna die

Absolute Yeetus
Dec 11, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

pigz posted:

WTF? I'm not about decorum or being high minded. But election integrity seems more important than Bernie happening to be on top this time. Isn't something like this why the incestuous inept DNC establishment shouldn't be in charge of the party or at the bare minimum things like this?

Are you suggesting Bernie should play along as long as he's winning or the DNC isn't overtly trying to push him out?

Having any kind of concern at all for long-term or larger consequences of your political tactics is decorous centrism

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

new kind of cat posted:

thank u for ur service mr president

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

new kind of cat posted:

Good morning mr president

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

They're going to make the initial results look like Pete won, and then after all the results are out it'll come out that Bernie won

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Raccooon posted:

What I don't get is they do coin tosses for the last delegate but its not when their is a vote tie.

Why not just give the last delegate to whichever campaign had the most votes as the reward for the better turnout?

that sounds like communism to me

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

I can't believe they can be this incompetent

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Magissima posted:

They aren't, they're going to pretend Pete won as long as possible on purpose

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Thanks, Epstein

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Magissima posted:

have you ever the democrats

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://twitter.com/TwinklingTania/status/1224745522591719424

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Please don't get ratfucked, nichael

I think Biden's performance in Iowa really proves my argument that the DelDems are ultimately incompetent, and cannot compete against a legitimate opponent. They ALL came out for Biden and he collapsed.

https://twitter.com/LisaBRochester/status/1223697151768907778?s=20

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
hey you know what’s funny

not this

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Magissima posted:

Maybe in silicon valley, DC is probably more like 60k-90k

I'd belive that if it was : in the politics sector, not during an election. But that seems way off in the heat of a primary and the general coming up. That is of course espcially low outside of politics.

In fact if someones working in DC making 60-90k, and they are any good and don't mind selling out their beliefs or soul, send them to me. In fact I need to hire someone in that range and the cost of living here is about 1/10 of DC. hell I was making about that before I left the DC area in 98.

I work in Middle GA btw and make way outside of that range, and started above the low end of that range. In fact an entry level position at the company I work for in Sterling, VA (20 miles west of DC) would pay at the higher end of that range. The FANG companies in Sterling pay even more.

I get people choose to not work at FANG companies or various other places they would rather not, but this is the market rates for people with the skills to develop these things. Shadow deciding to not pay that so the management can grift more is irrelevant. And people working for 'causes' shouldn't be paid less, that's dumb.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

hey you know what’s funny

not this

It's pretty funny!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pancake rabbit