Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I'm betting on Biggs, Wedge and Jessie not dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

TommyGun85 posted:

I'm betting on Biggs, Wedge and Jessie not dying.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

HD DAD posted:

I’m almost certain it’s going to end with them standing outside Midgar planning their next move. Ending cinematic might show Kalm in the distance while the credits begin to roll.

Then part two can begin with the flashback. First scene of the entire game being the truck in the rain.

This makes the most sense to me. I can't imagine a better way to end part 1 than leaving Midgar. I think pinning down ending points for the other parts is gonna be a lot harder. Also curious how they're gonna handle Vincent and Yuffie, how the overworld map is gonna work, things like that. Also doesn't Cid get added pretty late? I wonder how many parts in he'll be.

I can't wait to see the Midgar Zolem in full HD. I wonder if they'll handle the world map there the same or if they'll make the swamp an actual place that you have to traverse

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Midgardsormr. :argh:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Yeah I wonder if they'll change Nibelheim to Niflheim too.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

have Keanu voice Reeve

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mid-what? do you mean Midgar Zolom?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Macaluso posted:

This makes the most sense to me. I can't imagine a better way to end part 1 than leaving Midgar. I think pinning down ending points for the other parts is gonna be a lot harder. Also curious how they're gonna handle Vincent and Yuffie, how the overworld map is gonna work, things like that. Also doesn't Cid get added pretty late? I wonder how many parts in he'll be.

I can't wait to see the Midgar Zolem in full HD. I wonder if they'll handle the world map there the same or if they'll make the swamp an actual place that you have to traverse

Vincent and Yuffie will be DLC characters :twisted:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
20 years later I just realized Jenova only looks like a female human because it was imitating a Cetra when it was "killed".

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

RatHat posted:

20 years later I just realized Jenova only looks like a female human because it was imitating a Cetra when it was "killed".

:aaaaa:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Caidin posted:

Its weird that Barret is now this dude that crawled out of the decimation of his hometown brought on by the betrayal of the company he trusted; stapled a gun to his wrist stump and started a terrorist cell dedicated to the destruction of Shinra and now on his midnight raid on one of their primary facilities where AVALANCHE murders the entire security team he plants a bomb that will kinda wreck a control panel for the couple hours it would take Shrina to fix that.

Keep in mind that even in the original game, Jessie is shocked at the exact level of destruction the bomb wrought. It was never the intention to do that much damage, but Barret as he does in VII-RE, says that nothing ever happened without people dying. I agree that it's kinda annoying that Shinra are the ones who blow it up instead, but at the same point, it doesn't change that if it'd been Barret's fault, he would have been fine with it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
My guess is that Yuffie and Vincent will become mandatory and some or all of their sidequests will get folded into the main plot, like forcing you to visit Wutai after Rocket Town.

Also I can't imagine the game having a world map these days.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It's gonna have a world map, just like Final Fantasy XV.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

This would be amazing and hilarious

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Kinda curious if Biggs, Wedge and/or Jesse surviving could play into the "Watchmen of Fate" thing.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

RatHat posted:

I think it goes that Jenova takes forms according to what the person assumes it is, for storyline reasons.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

RatHat posted:

Ending at Kalm would also let it have a bit of postgame with the chocobo farm and probably some extra stuff and a hidden superboss or two.
I doubt it. All signs have said it ends at Midgar, none of the leaks showed any post-Midgar assets either.

Fister Roboto posted:

I mean they basically already were - I beat it the first time without ever recruiting either. And they're never in any of the CGI cutscenes for obvious reasons.

Kheldarn posted:

It's gonna have a world map, just like Final Fantasy XV.
I was thinking FFX. A traditional world map with random encounters can't possibly happen with the current battle system unless they really wanna go full "pause the action while it loads a separate scene, zoom in, finish battle, zoom back out to world map".
Or maybe they will do that to keep it closer to the original, if the transitions are quick enough it might actually not be too annoying.

But either way, surely they won't have it as "party silently travels between towns, dumps an hour of story, then back to silently travelling" like the original

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
FFVII: The Road Trip would be an interesting way to do it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PancakeTransmission posted:

I was thinking FFX. A traditional world map with random encounters can't possibly happen with the current battle system unless they really wanna go full "pause the action while it loads a separate scene, zoom in, finish battle, zoom back out to world map".
Or maybe they will do that to keep it closer to the original, if the transitions are quick enough it might actually not be too annoying.

But either way, surely they won't have it as "party silently travels between towns, dumps an hour of story, then back to silently travelling" like the original

I'm gonna put this behind spoiler tags for those who didn't watch the demo footage:

In the demo footage, even though it's not on the World Map, it already works like FFXV, where enemies are on the map, and when you get close, an encounter starts. Like in DQXI, there's a ring around the battle area, and if you get outside of it, you've fled the battle (with it working like FFXV, instead of making a run away check like DQXI). The World Map will probably be more of the same thing, though I could also see it working like it does in FFX.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

A Sometimes Food posted:

It's a writing heavy game with terrible characterisation and a worse plot. And it's thematically kind of disgusting. poo poo suuucks.

I just don't like Fire Emblem that much but it has a fair sight better than P5 which holds the record for worst game I ever finished as far as I'm concerned.

Ok so your opinions are terrible got it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ok so your opinions are terrible got it.

Yeah, what the heck, Fire Emblem is good!!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sakurazuka posted:

I agree with that.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Fire emblem is good. FF7 is good. This remake looks good.

I'm excited, especially for the combat which looks really fun!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I'm expecting the combat to share some of the FFXV jank since it's tricky to make an RPG masquerading as an action game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

WaltherFeng posted:

it's tricky to make an RPG masquerading as an action game.

It can't be that hard, Bioware did it

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

RatHat posted:

Yeah I wonder if they'll change Nibelheim to Niflheim too.

Probably not. Nibelheim is deliberately spelled that way in Japanese (ニブルハイム niburuhaimu) vs Niflheim (ニフルハイム nifuruhaimu). Just like Midgar deliberately dropped the 'd' in Japanese (ミッドガル middogaru vs ミッドガード middoga-do).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Just Andi Now posted:

Probably not. Nibelheim is deliberately spelled that way in Japanese (ニブルハイム niburuhaimu) vs Niflheim (ニフルハイム nifuruhaimu). Just like Midgar deliberately dropped the 'd' in Japanese (ミッドガル middogaru vs ミッドガード middoga-do).

What about the Midgar Zolom?

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

RatHat posted:

What about the Midgar Zolom?

Can't find any standard transliteration of Midgardsormr, but the one in game is spelled kind of like Midgar's Worm (ミドガルズオルム midogaruzuorumu), and this is the same spelling used in subsequent FF games, so it's either the standard transliteration or Square's just sticking with it because of FFVII.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes yes Tifa has a bunch of norse runes on her glove she's norse etc

The more relevant question is, where is Texas, and where is the source of Korean BBQs.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Elentor posted:

The more relevant question is, where is Texas, and where is the source of Korean BBQs.

Popular tv shows.

Or Loveless. People are crazy about that play, so maybe the TV miniseries of Loveless.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The idea of Korea and Texas being fictional in-universe locations remind me of this.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Elentor posted:

Yes yes Tifa has a bunch of norse runes on her glove she's norse etc

is she supposed to be norse? I just figured she just got some weeb weapons from her teacher, the god weeb supreme.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Wave posted:

is she supposed to be norse? I just figured she just got some weeb weapons from her teacher, the god weeb supreme.

She just has a bunch of references

Nifelheim, a place high in the mountains surrounded by mist. Birthplace of...Cloud.

And now her gloves in FF7R are filled with runes. They just require you to find the 4k renders and zoom in like a lot.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 4, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This image contains a for those avoiding the trailers

Here's hoping I can unsee this by the time I get to that point in the game...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
On the rare occasions an anime/video game character has black hair and brown eyes I figure it means they are 100 percent for sure japanese.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A character in FF7 mentions Jesus.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Kheldarn posted:

This image contains a for those avoiding the trailers

Here's hoping I can unsee this by the time I get to that point in the game...

How dare you

No wait that's actually funny

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm glad my avatar is relevant again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hojo gets laid like a lot.