Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

bows1 posted:

How can only part of the results be ready by 5, this is insanity

They have to use bernies numbers because they hosed up their poo poo and he's making them sweat for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao just saw this one

https://twitter.com/CANCEL_SAM/status/1224592812441841665

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Sedisp posted:

Tbf to the idiot that did the worksheet it does say round up to the nearest whole number instead of just round to the nearest whole number

click on the tweet to see the full image

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

This is disgusting. Peter is NOT a mayor!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

We need an election commission for primaries. This poo poo's ridiculous.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grondoth posted:

I actually think Evangelical Christianity kinda killed the religion in the US

It kinda tied the whole religion to a reactionary political movement that is pretty darn unpopular, instead of it being just sort of a religion that a lot of people are.

catholics molesting kids probably didnt help

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

brugroffil posted:

people ascribe a bit too much power to the DNC imo

they literally pushed the app on the iowa caucus

someone post that tweet because I'm too lazy

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

catholics molesting kids probably didnt help

Oh right

Well... that happened everywhere. Right? It was a huge deal in Ireland.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
that's the 3rd shadow twitter account ive seen today, all having wildly different followers and such

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Remember that time when Trump said the wrong state?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

My dad unironically told me last night that Trump did this.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Sedisp posted:

Tbf to the idiot that did the worksheet it does say round up to the nearest whole number instead of just round to the nearest whole number

sorry, it cropped weird. this is the important part

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

bows1 posted:

How can only part of the results be ready by 5, this is insanity

THIS IS IOWA

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

spaceblancmange posted:

Remember that time when Trump said the wrong state?

I only remember sailor.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
buttigieg angrychop image except its iowa

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Weedle posted:

sorry, it cropped weird. this is the important part

he won the tiebreaker to get the last delegate

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Mayor Poot

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Grondoth posted:

We need an election commission for primaries. This poo poo's ridiculous.

leaving elections up to states and primaries up to political parties was a huge mistake

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I understand having to count the paper ballots but then why wait til 5 to release whatever you have? Why not wait til its all counted?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

our system of government is such poo poo and unrepresentative. FYI

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

social fascists eh. what a trip.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

it owns how this pete guy tweeted out dozens and dozens of PINs that you use to upload unique caucus-level data to the app

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Harrow posted:

Y'know, it occurs to me that Bernie's campaign releasing their numbers at all would be the perfect opening for this. Cherry-pick the precincts that would contradict Bernie's numbers, release them, then everyone gets to call Bernie a liar for a week before the Iowa Dems quietly put the full results on some webpage buried on their site and nobody notices.

Kinda hope they don't now.

I imagine Bernie's campaign has close to 100% of the results and they are going to release them if the IDP releases some hosed up numbers today.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
if you have to award 8 delegates and cannot leave one undecided you either round like that or pete won a "hat pull/coin toss"

pete was closer to the next whole number than bernie, or again it was one of the hat pulls. it's extremely stupid but again, the entire thing is clearly stupid voodoo to begin with run by absolute blithering morons. also that delegate count doesn't mean poo poo it's going to be 41 delegates broken out over 3 candidates at the state level something like 15/14/12 or some crap. iowa is almost entirely about narrative/momentum.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

lol. thank you for this it helped me exorcise by mind demons by reminding me that I can't be in the Hideoverse because he would not exist here as a real entity.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

do you still have the he protec he attac he trust quinninipiac meme? trump thread is looking for it.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

bows1 posted:

I understand having to count the paper ballots but then why wait til 5 to release whatever you have? Why not wait til its all counted?

they're trying to see if they can conjure up a bad number for Bernie for the evening news before they have to release the real number

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Mind_Taker posted:

I imagine Bernie's campaign has close to 100% of the results and they are going to release them if the IDP releases some hosed up numbers today.

They're probably doing their own verification process, otherwise they would have dropped the 60% figures last night. They'll have them ready by tonight, I figure.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Hilario Baldness posted:

Mayor Pete is Johan Liebert from Monster.

Nah, Johan was made into a Monster, Pete was born broken.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Iowa cuck asses

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol ffs

https://twitter.com/AdrienneRoyer/status/1224796527392108545

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

this is actually how it's supposed to work- it's an 8 delegate precinct. the 8th delegate goes to the candidate closest to rounding up.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

ahahaha god drat

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it owns how this pete guy tweeted out dozens and dozens of PINs that you use to upload unique caucus-level data to the app

i mean, the app isn't publicly accessible so it's not nearly as funny as it sounds

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Grondoth posted:

I actually think Evangelical Christianity kinda killed the religion in the US

It kinda tied the whole religion to a reactionary political movement that is pretty darn unpopular, instead of it being just sort of a religion that a lot of people are.

Evangelical Christianity still holds sway in a surprising amount of the South (and Southwest). And Evangelicals are happiest when they can live out their dream of being a persecuted minority, no matter how untrue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I could have made this fuckin app