Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

coconono posted:

I had hover parents. was chipped and everything. Still have the dent in my foot from when I dug it out so I could go drinking with my friends at the bright age of 15. But after college they kinda chilled out. But most of them died too which kinda helped.

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

at this point in my life, I've buried two dads, a mother, a stepdad, a foster mom and an unrelated auntie that liked being called mommy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

That. Sounds. Exhausting Foochs. I have somewhat similar parents, at any point I am exhausted or WANT to relax, I am regularly shamed into feeling that I am lazy. After working all day doing various tasks of manual labor, customer service, janitorial duties, and as of a few months back juggling school to get a second associate degree. Nothing is ever good enough, I doubt I could ever work hard enough. God forbid taking a few hours to rest or unwind, instead of pressing my face against a laptop screen to find better employment. And not one that fits my skill set but because beep boop beep compooters means all the same poo poo and not really specialized.

Ffs working a Geek Squad job will not help me get something in digital forensics or cyber security.

It's a generational gap thing, along with not having some kind of comprehension that poo poo is harder in so many different ways as opposed to how things used to be.

Maybe we are related Foochs! Good loving Lord I know this argument really well.

Thank you friend. It's good to know that I'm not alone but also depressing.

Cavauro posted:

The frustration from this is so strong that it emanates off the post and causes me to be fed up. All of your feelings and desires about your career and life that you've posted on here seem very level-headed and the crucial tone you use about all of it is more than warranted. There is either a complete breakdown in communication that you've tried your best to bridge unsuccessfully, or your parent(s) is/are just outright wrong. Yet shutting them out is impossible. I'm sorry Foochs, but anywhere that you are able to hold your ground about all of this, you definitely should keep up the fight, if at all possible. Maybe continuing to approach the situation the way you did, while also explaining the effort that goes into doing so, could eventually crack that shell. Perhaps it's all coming down to worry for her, but even so, your mom definitely needs to not hide behind a 'role' like that.

I appreciate this post very much and it might be the least Cavauro Cavauro post I've ever seen which is how I know you're super sincere and I always appreciate you. I don't think trying to communicate would do any good because I've literally been doing it for years and nothing has changed. There was even, for all of one appointment, a mutual therapy session with a trained professional, and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CHANGED. My mom says that she always has to push me to do things and I have no motivation and yet I negotiated a contract that got me the money I get and let's just say if I had more regular paid work I'd need to worry about how much money I was making.

But yeah I didn't have anything to do with that. None of it had to do with me. Thanks for forcing me to be good enough at what I do that I can get an hourly rate that, if I typed it here, would probably be tacky. It was all thanks to the Boomer Strength. Yes sir.

I'm not saying I don't owe her any thanks, but I thank her ALL THE TIME. I can't just get any faith in return.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

coconono posted:

at this point in my life, I've buried two dads, a mother, a stepdad, a foster mom and an unrelated auntie that liked being called mommy.

that’s not the part of the post i was questioning

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WatermelonGun posted:

that’s not the part of the post i was questioning

yeah I started drinking early, so what

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
no the tracking chip part. what the gently caress

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WatermelonGun posted:

no the tracking chip part. what the gently caress

yeah I know. It was pretty weird. But I did really really really really like hide and seek games so its justifiable.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

yeah I know. It was pretty weird. But I did really really really really like hide and seek games so its justifiable.

I feel like if you and Cavauro merged into one person we'd reach a singularity of being unsure what's real and what's not in any given moment.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I got 7 days banned from twitter for wishing that Rush Limbaugh got butt cancer.

Maybe I'll start an onlyfans account so I can post pictures of all the dumb scars I've got. Like the time I got coldcocked with a dildo.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

coconono posted:

okay, just gonna assume everything you say is bullshit from here on out unless it’s you reminding us of your twitter status

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you wouldn't even blink if you adopted a chipped cat, why would you assume that a poster of my age and power wouldn't also be chipped?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Frankly with the kinda people I've seen out there I wouldn't even be that shocked to find out chipping happened.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm sorry I tried to fill my life with dumb adventures, I'll go cry in a parking lot. Which actually sounds appealing since I'm stuck at work for another 20 minutes before I have to go deal with real humans.

Crying is good for you. Cleans out the proverbial pipes.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
microchips aren’t like... gps enabled and do not work that way

i’m confused

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WatermelonGun posted:

microchips aren’t like... gps enabled and do not work that way

i’m confused

this is why they weren't widely available. Kinda left the passive part off the brochure.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

coconono posted:

I got 7 days banned from twitter for wishing that Rush Limbaugh got butt cancer.

Maybe I'll start an onlyfans account so I can post pictures of all the dumb scars I've got. Like the time I got coldcocked with a dildo.

You were in the third Jackass movie?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

my cat has cancer

My deepest sympathy. My cats are my soul bonded family, that's devastating i'm sorry.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

fooches, i know you have your frustrations but you have built a p. impressive career even if people seem unwilling to, y'know, actually pay you for your efforts

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jiro posted:

You were in the third Jackass movie?

Do I like look like I have third jackass money?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my mama slashed me open in the guts area and pooped in it to lay an irrevocable claim on all the parts at a later date. they are to be sold i believe. and we end with a little bit of life advice or the hint of a bigger story never to be told. cya

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was showing what posts might happen if you crush my gibs and fibs in with that other poster's meat and deceit like you mentioned SAMURAIFOOCHS. everything has feeling attached and affects the poster 100% earnestly, but is not necessarily based on preexisting truths from before the post

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Cavauro posted:

i was showing what posts might happen if you crush my gibs and fibs in with that other poster's meat and deceit like you mentioned SAMURAIFOOCHS. everything has feeling attached and affects the poster 100% earnestly, but is not necessarily based on preexisting truths from before the post

the werner herzog school of posting

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

poo poo the pendulum swung back really hard on that one.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oh but seriously I posted:

fooches, i know you have your frustrations but you have built a p. impressive career even if people seem unwilling to, y'know, actually pay you for your efforts

I don't wanna flex too much but a bunch of people ITT don't know the half of it because I don't wanna doxx myself. The really exasperating thing is that my mom, when trying to guilt me into doing something, talks about how valuable I am and how people beg for me on their committees and poo poo but somehow doesn't correlate that with the facts that I'm probably doing something right and that I have a right to feel as though I deserve being paid, and I won't all of a sudden become unwanted the second I stop whoring myself for free and/or running myself into the ground. It's like they get SO CLOSE and just can't get there.

Also, thank you my friend. I appreciate you and your kind words. :)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I feel like if you and Cavauro merged into one person we'd reach a singularity of being unsure what's real and what's not in any given moment.

Those two are like matter and anti-matter, if we brought them together it'd probably punch a hole in the Earth the size of Texas

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

coconono posted:

Do I like look like I have third jackass money?

Hey for all I know you could be Preston Lacy, or Raab Himself. :v:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I'm not giving unsolicited advice, so I'll just say that my relationship with my parents has gotten a lot better after I've become extremely reticent towards them (I used to visit every weekend, but now my first visit to them will be at the end of the month). They also have weird opinions but I've just learned to tune those out and not let them get to me (they're hardcore Catholic so they have a poor understanding of LGBT+ issues). My mom and I just exchange cat pics over Viber every now and then.

Also four years ago I considered myself unhireable after basically self-jeopardizing my career over being abandoned by people whom I thought would stay, but somehow I found new friends and gained an unprecedented amount of self-worth. If I could do it, others can, too!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Schneider Heim posted:

I'm not giving unsolicited advice, so I'll just say that my relationship with my parents has gotten a lot better after I've become extremely reticent towards them (I used to visit every weekend, but now my first visit to them will be at the end of the month). They also have weird opinions but I've just learned to tune those out and not let them get to me (they're hardcore Catholic so they have a poor understanding of LGBT+ issues). My mom and I just exchange cat pics over Viber every now and then.

Also four years ago I considered myself unhireable after basically self-jeopardizing my career over being abandoned by people whom I thought would stay, but somehow I found new friends and gained an unprecedented amount of self-worth. If I could do it, others can, too!

Sadly I don't really have that option atm as I live with them. :(

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sadly I don't really have that option atm as I live with them. :(

Yeah. This was one of the first things I fixed. But I acknowledge that being able to move out is already a huge privilege. I'm Asian so it's doubly hard for us to leave the nest, so to speak.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

foochs is the bottom one

edit: his situation, with the p-rents. don't get this post twisted. he is a dream of a boy

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 5, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

fooch hmu if you want tips on how make parents understand. I got a will smith mix tape

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
that song fuckin escalates
verse one: “my parents bought me disgusting back to school clothes. i am ashamed.”
verse two: “i stole my parents’ car and tried to gently caress a twelve year old in the backseat, for which i was arrested.”

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

watching some melville this month since its all leaving critter channel after february. whateva stuff to me. probbably will watch jojo rabbit tonight

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rushmore is the best Wes Anderson movie, maybe just my favorite movie ever. He'll never make a movie that feels like that again and it makes me sad, same way his brother Paul Thomas Anderson will never make another movie that feels like Boogie Nights.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

O R They?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wes anderson would benefit from that because he's just a popup picture book boy but pta wouldn't really. it's already there

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i watched 3 wes movies back to back gto back and it was a really dumb rear end idea on this dumb rear end's part. i dont want to ever see another one again for a while. i think i like all of pta movies the same though except the master is a little better than the rest of them and i havent seen inherent vice

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

watching some melville this month since its all leaving critter channel after february. whateva stuff to me. probbably will watch jojo rabbit tonight

I didn't like JoJo Rabbit which brings me no pleasure to report because I adore Taika's other stuff.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

O R They?

Yea same with Paul WS Anderson. Orson Welles made a movie about them, The Magnificent Andersons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

yea ok posted:

i giggled a lot when i watched les doulos cuz they were talking about fingering so much