Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Turns out misremembered the quench gun gun joke here , thinking it was purely Sechs confused about there being a "gun". I fully admit that i might have been projecting in how i remembered this aspect of Sechs' story and i will pay closer attention to it when i re-read the whole saga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Altered Carbon pledge dates including PDF

>Estimated delivery Aug 2020

Delivery section

quote:

We plan to release Altered Carbon: The Role Playing Game in digital April 2020 and be available to stores in July through a global publishing deal with Renegade Game Studios. Backers will have first access to the game materials...

Can only guess they changed dates at some point, and no one proofread it.

Having 4 of your first 7 stretch goals be 'please pay for our marketing via streaming' is a weird take though. Obviously the growing impact of streaming games on sales makes sense to do this, but i'm not sure this is the way to go about it.

Given the amount of content they have, and how close any of those dates are, this really feels more like 'please pre-order' rather than kickstart, though of course that ship sailed a long time ago.

Edit: The system has some weird decisions to it as well. A 'master' at something can do a task which is 'almost impossible' 50% of the time. But someone who's 'awful' can do the same 'almost impossible' task 16% of the time.

PST fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 4, 2020

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
LIIIIIIFTTTTSSSS Lhas laaaaaunched!

If muscles, uns, and sendups of pathfinder are your thing, I'd love for you to back it.

If backing isn't in the cards just yet, I'd sure as hell appreciate a retweet or two of my announcement.

https://twitter.com/ThronesBeware/status/1224710118136336389?s=19

Mouzer
May 9, 2006
Feed the fish!

slap me and kiss me posted:

If muscles, uns, and sendups of pathfinder are your thing, I'd love for you to back it.

If backing isn't in the cards just yet, I'd sure as hell appreciate a retweet or two of my announcement.

Slept on the last edition and picked it up after the campaign, but am definitely getting in on the ground floor here!

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Mouzer posted:

Slept on the last edition and picked it up after the campaign, but am definitely getting in on the ground floor here!

Woooowooowooooo ! I knew you were a great person!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kaiju Exchange has relaunched, with early bird offers and a free upgrade if it funds within 72 hours.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

slap me and kiss me posted:

Can you throw in a tier for digital-only copies of both editions?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Oh yeah, I can swing that when I get home tonight.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Jumped in for digital LIFTS as soon as I got the launch e-mail.

Oh, retweeted too.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Oh neat, there's a reprint of QE up on Kickstarter

Mojo Jojo fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Feb 5, 2020

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Has Jenna put up what's going to be special about the limited edition print PDF for Glitch?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Echophonic posted:

Has Jenna put up what's going to be special about the limited edition print PDF for Glitch?

It's going to be a trad print run, basically. And it might have a separate cover, although she's not completely certain that the colorful cover looks good in hardback so I'm not sure yet. Internally the print run and the final version of the PoD should be the same.

Speaking of which, the Glitch Kickstarter ends at 8 AM on Thursday and needs about seven thousand more dollars to unlock the full art budget.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Rand Brittain posted:

It's going to be a trad print run, basically. And it might have a separate cover, although she's not completely certain that the colorful cover looks good in hardback so I'm not sure yet. Internally the print run and the final version of the PoD should be the same.

Speaking of which, the Glitch Kickstarter ends at 8 AM on Thursday and needs about seven thousand more dollars to unlock the full art budget.

Alright, I'll go for a potentially cooler print run version, then!

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

I'm glad I saw that, because it made me go look at the page and realize I'd clicked on the wrong $75 tier. Chuubo's is a great game, but I already own it.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
https://twitter.com/TheEldritchTomb/status/1224846100164685825

Forgot to post it in here, but MYCELIUM and Other Horrors is live. Four dark fantasy adventures (intended for Trophy Dark but pretty usable otherwise!) themed around common allergens.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Haystack posted:

There's a strain in science fiction in general and cyperpunk in particular that tends to view body modification as a form of spiritual corruption. It's how you get poo poo like Essence in Shadowrun.

Essence in SR is really more of a game balance mechanic than anything. They dressed it up as 'soul points', but it's really there to prevent the street sam from just making themselves into a brain in a Gundam, which was a real problem in 1989's era of Extremely Crunchy Systems. They've touched it up a little and made 'cosmetic' stuff like hair/skin/eye color and cosmetic bodymods not cost Essence in the newer versions, but that and the racial stat penalties are standout issues for things that aren't cool in 2020.

Speaking of Cyberpunk, I should have the preview for Blue Moon ready to go Soon(TM), with a tentative launch date around the 20th!

Edit: Backed me some LIFTS, because I regret missing on it the first time!

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Feb 5, 2020

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

If you can I would encourage people to go for a print copy of Lifts, if only because getting an envelope that addresses you as a Muscle Magician is pretty sweet.

Still trying to get a group together at my university to play it though.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Anyway, Glitch is now in its last 24 hours. Backers should be getting the complete PDF with placeholder art more or less immediately after the campaign funds, so it's a good opportunity (and you can also get the placeholder PDF in PoD if you happen to want that).

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hel posted:

If you can I would encourage people to go for a print copy of Lifts, if only because getting an envelope that addresses you as a Muscle Magician is pretty sweet.

Still trying to get a group together at my university to play it though.

As a matter of fact, Muscle Magician isn't the only honourific out there.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Kanban EV will go live in 1 hour 45 minutes.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Glitch wound up coming in at a higher total than Chuubo and with significantly more backers, so I'm going to call that a success. It's still possible for anybody who missed it to buy in via PayPal, though, if you find yourself bewailing having missed it.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Liquid Communism posted:

Essence in SR is really more of a game balance mechanic than anything. They dressed it up as 'soul points', but it's really there to prevent the street sam from just making themselves into a brain in a Gundam, which was a real problem in 1989's era of Extremely Crunchy Systems. They've touched it up a little and made 'cosmetic' stuff like hair/skin/eye color and cosmetic bodymods not cost Essence in the newer versions, but that and the racial stat penalties are standout issues for things that aren't cool in 2020.

Speaking of Cyberpunk, I should have the preview for Blue Moon ready to go Soon(TM), with a tentative launch date around the 20th!

Edit: Backed me some LIFTS, because I regret missing on it the first time!

6e Shadowrun got rid of the penalties to mental racial abilities. One of the few good changes. Races don't really have any minimum so you can play what you want without having to pay for attributes that don't help your character. Fanbase complained about Trolls with one only one body.

Essence also causes issues because some creatures eat it and you can loose it through addiction.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Jedit posted:

Kanban EV will go live in 1 hour 45 minutes.

I feel this game was literally made for me. It has so many things I like.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

djfooboo posted:

A pretty board and shiny metal toy cars?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
where can i go for updates on physical copies of lancer and the heist rpg book, neither seem to be sending out poo poo to kickstarter anymore

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Doorknob Slobber posted:

where can i go for updates on physical copies of lancer and the heist rpg book, neither seem to be sending out poo poo to kickstarter anymore

For lancer you want to go to the lancer discord, its always up to date on news

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Last I heard from anyone, Guide to Heists is waiting on art and layout, and they expect to launch it on itch.io around July so I'd expect physical ks copies before then?

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Lancer book's at the printers, they're waiting for a proof to look over before starting full production.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

djfooboo posted:

:same: I’ve worked for manufacturing companies nearly my whole life so I’m strangely hyped for this.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.
Hunter: The Vigil 2e KS is on.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/339646881/hunter-the-vigil-second-edition-tabletop-roleplaying-game

Foglet fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 6, 2020

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Jedit posted:

A pretty board and shiny metal toy cars?

I love the automobile industry
I love EVs
I love CPI and JIT manufacturing
I love Vital Lacerda efficiency puzzles
I love Ian O’Toole art and design

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Foundations of Rome is wrapping up in a couple of hours. On the one hand it looks gorgeous and I’m a huge nerd for Rome, on the other it’s $159 for what I’m afraid is a glorified Big City. Anyone else backing this?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

head58 posted:

Foundations of Rome is wrapping up in a couple of hours. On the one hand it looks gorgeous and I’m a huge nerd for Rome, on the other it’s $159 for what I’m afraid is a glorified Big City. Anyone else backing this?

I watched the overview video and it looked like a combination of Chinatown’s central board + suburbia’s market row, with weaker overall buildings.

It’s a big pass for me, and for reference I’m usually a huge sucker for going all in on big time kickstarters

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Rand Brittain posted:

Glitch wound up coming in at a higher total than Chuubo and with significantly more backers, so I'm going to call that a success. It's still possible for anybody who missed it to buy in via PayPal, though, if you find yourself bewailing having missed it.

i am not even a little bit interested in the pastoral

i am extremely interested in being a hot mess who is also the forces of entropy and anti-existence made flesh, but, like, sad about it

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Rand Brittain posted:

Credit to you, Rand, the artistic direction of Chuubo's made me far more confident in backing Glitch after the aesthetic disaster of Nobilis Third Edition.

Ogdred Weary
Jul 1, 2007

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs

Rand Brittain posted:

What's your role in the production of Glitch? If I may ask.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I occasionally post updates and art from the heist book to my Twitter @SandyPugGames, I do try to send out the odd update here and there but while I'm still lead on Heists, I'm no longer a proper member of the San Jenaro Co-Op, so access to the account is a bit weird. I'll poke the social media person and try to have them post more regular updates.

Short is the text is 100% done, layout templates are almost there and we're waiting on maps and art. We had some issues with map arts (one of the three map artists we initially hired stopped replying to our emails, one took 6 months and handed in really, really bad work) that we resolved (found and hired new, better and more reliable artists) and I hired an additional artist to speed things along a little for the remaining artwork. All of this is in a planned update, but I left for vacation before I was able to get it posted, sorry about that.

Otherwise we're basically on track despite the setbacks, the book is looking real good.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Ogdred Weary posted:

What's your role in the production of Glitch? If I may ask.

I'm basically just a helper. I was a producer on Glass-Maker's Dragon when Jenna was still in China having to deal with EOS and needed more assistance, but these days my credit is just "Design and Development Contributor." Oh, and I'll be making the ePub once we get all the corrections from readers of the pre-release and lock the text down.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Goon Magsnuth started a kickstarter for their game Red Rook Revolt Magnusth is a pretty cool person and I trust that they will make a cool game focusing on revolution and opposing oppression. People here may find this game interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
My kickstarter for The New Tales of Oz is now live! Any and all support is appreciated, any retweets are appreciated. If you want to quote retweet, talking about the game's art and it having a simple, easy-to-learn system would be most appreciated!

https://twitter.com/meinberg13/status/1227256413031890944?s=20