Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I posted a burnout* and am not a dad and my vehicle has sub-40 hp and no lockers or LSD of any kind. Get stomping buckos.

*technically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

KakerMix posted:

I posted a burnout* and am not a dad and my vehicle has sub-40 hp and no lockers or LSD of any kind. Get stomping buckos.

*technically

I hope that Sprocket never reads this post to learn he is only an asterisk in your life.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Tremek posted:

Still a disturbing dearth of burnouts in here people

shy boy from chess club posted:

Heres a Ford doing a sitter, not mine but its a burnout

https://youtu.be/QFO4aJ4dMC4

e: :colbert:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tremek posted:

Still a disturbing dearth of burnouts in here people

Buddy, I can't even do a burnout on snow. Every time I switch off the traction control I end up winning a world rally championship :shrug:

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-features/audi-quattro---anniversary-rise--amp--drive/41758

Maybe one day.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I think to Tremek's point is we can all post old stuff over again, but what about something new? Which is what resulted in me doing a spin with the kids.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I think to Tremek's point is we can all post old stuff over again, but what about something new? Which is what resulted in me doing a spin with the kids.

Oh ok, in that case have a bit of snarl because I can't drive right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU5wPCdXwSg

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

track day bro! posted:

more paint? how come, the last thing you wanna be doing is painting yer track car haha. can you still buy the csl roof or is it a custom thing, i follow one guy on insta who did mr2 stuff but now he mainly makes carbon bits for bmws

also heres a story in 3 pictures
:smith: I hope those are old pictures

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

https://youtu.be/7qNhC6WQR_g

The piece of poo poo, while in DRAG RACE mode with traction control off, can’t break the rears loose, and then when I eased off the brakes it just wanted to push through the front brakes and axle tramp like mad. The evolution of secretary pony cars is a sad one and man I4 Ecoboost sucks

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

BlackMK4 posted:

:smith: I hope those are old pictures

the last one is the most recent! the first one happened in september, I was a bit bummed out so I ended up letting the car sit for a while haha

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I can't do a burnout with anything I have running right now, but I can still flex

:dadjoke:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

The only burnout my ford can do.

i mean, sure it would, at the cost of that lovely rearend.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

The only burnout my ford can do.

i mean, sure it would, at the cost of that lovely rearend.

That looks like what my kids do to their amped-up Power Wheels. Fire bad!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Tremek posted:

That looks like what my kids do to their amped-up Power Wheels. Fire bad!

luckily that was fixed 3 years ago now. also lol I run one of those behemoth motors in an unrelated project, they're thirsty

I'll do a turbocharged 4 wheel peel in some sand for you guys in a couple days. maybe a bonus 1 wheel peel

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

It sounds so furious while barely moving. Gotta love 2-strokes.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I got them from a specialty place called Land Cruiser Heaven, but another option that is popular among my crowd is Lseat.com and they seem to have a ton of patterns ready for a lot of cars.

Yeah, looks like literally no one does anything for a Subaru, at least not one that's not the current generation. Red-headed stepchild.

Re: burnouts - I don't remember if I posted the Crown Vic using up the used tires that came on the wheels I bought a couple years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJvi40eyUE

Uh, make that 6+ years ago? I did not realize I'd had the car that long.

edit: the smoking gun tire:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCXRSrIm3hg

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Tremek posted:

https://youtu.be/7qNhC6WQR_g

The piece of poo poo, while in DRAG RACE mode with traction control off, can’t break the rears loose, and then when I eased off the brakes it just wanted to push through the front brakes and axle tramp like mad. The evolution of secretary pony cars is a sad one and man I4 Ecoboost sucks

Mustang, you should be ashamed of yourself.

In comparison, a minivan (barely getting it done, on snow tires):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fFtRU7unak

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Beverly Cleavage posted:

That’s actually pretty impressive.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That’s actually pretty impressive.

:3: It does the job. And to be fair, roads aren’t 100% dry.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Beverly Cleavage posted:

hell yes

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Relevant:

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 5, 2020

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I’ve only ever seen two in my life, and the last one was more than a decade ago, and I can still smell a clutch burnout.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

MrYenko posted:

I’ve only ever seen two in my life, and the last one was more than a decade ago, and I can still smell a clutch burnout.

Not a pleasant smell, to say the least.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MrYenko posted:

One of my friends had a mate who had a 2004 WRX STi. That dude did not know how to properly drive a manual and holy poo poo the clutch in that car was slipped so much when he took off. I'm sure Subaru would change the clutch during each oil change

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Took me longer than expected, but the cold wet weather made it perfect for the Miata:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8fIa0-Sh6Y

It's my daily, so I didn't wanna eat up the tires, but nice to know it can melt some rubber.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

GOD IS BED posted:

Took me longer than expected, but the cold wet weather made it perfect for the Miata:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8fIa0-Sh6Y

It's my daily, so I didn't wanna eat up the tires, but nice to know it can melt some rubber.

:five: this movement is...gaining traction :stat:

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE:

https://youtu.be/FyrOkw5R0go

Verdict: A 300c is maybe not your best choice for leaving stripes in the abandoned business park, but it’ll do in a pinch.

Token PSA: as always, never buy a rental car. This one came with a bonus vape bowl.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
Orphan-dore/Insignia/Regal I picked up today.

This is the Holden RS-V spec with the 315 hp LGX V6, twinster AWD and hiperstrut dual axis front suspension (but not the Brembo's/adaptive suspension of the hatch-only VXR). No one wanted them - Holden guys don't want euros, euro guys don't want Holden and nobody wants wagons, but pretty much perfect family ride for me.
Wheels are Konig Ampliforms, I've got to match the silver bumper "intake" surrounds.

spleen merchant fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Feb 7, 2020

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I had to see what it looked like without the door creases so spent like 30 seconds...

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I had to see what it looked like without the door creases so spent like 30 seconds...

Looks a old bit Alfa 159/w204 Merc wagon.
I don't mind the crease and how it fits with the skirts.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Yeah it's a nice car for sure, these Vauxhall/Opel/Holden/Chevrolet models are definitely some of the nicer looking cars on the road at the moment. They're just nice, clean design.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That looks so much better without the goddamn plastic wheel arches they slapped on the Buick here in the states. Why do they do stupid poo poo like this?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Because Americans want an Outback, not a carwagon apparently. Turns out, they didn't want a Buick Outback, either. :v: I looked into buying one and you could get nearly 10k off MSRP easily.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Wagons are the best daily vehicles above all else.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
wagons with 800+ hp

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Enos Cabell posted:

That looks so much better without the goddamn plastic wheel arches they slapped on the Buick here in the states. Why do they do stupid poo poo like this?

Believe it or not I was actually looking into these yesterday and the poo poo around the wheels can be removed and the side skirt and front bumper can be replaced with parts of the Regal GS. It's approximately 900% better looking.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

spleen merchant posted:

This is the Holden RS-V spec with the 315 hp LGX V6, twinster AWD and hiperstrut dual axis front suspension (but not the Brembo's/adaptive suspension of the hatch-only VXR). No one wanted them - Holden guys don't want euros, euro guys don't want Holden and nobody wants wagons, but pretty much perfect family ride for me.
Wheels are Konig Ampliforms, I've got to match the silver bumper "intake" surrounds.

That rules.

I hate this country.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

spleen merchant posted:

I really like that.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I don't mind the crease, but I think it looks better without.

Gotta say, though, that has got to be the largest swath of urethane I have ever seen on that rear corner. That's old man pants level of hiked up, there. They really should have given up on having the panel line do the follow-the-line-of-the-taillight thing, and brought the sheet metal further down.

Enos Cabell posted:

Agreed, and because...

Suburban Dad posted:

Because Americans want an Outback, not a carwagon apparently. Turns out, they didn't want a Buick Outback, either. :v: I looked into buying one and you could get nearly 10k off MSRP easily.

Exactly that. All the wagons that actually sell are butched-up wagons - Outback, XC60/70.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Believe it or not I was actually looking into these yesterday and the poo poo around the wheels can be removed and the side skirt and front bumper can be replaced with parts of the Regal GS. It's approximately 900% better looking.

Oh, that's good to know. Was going to ask about removal.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

opengl128 posted:

That rules.

I hate this country.

Don't hate the country, hate Marketing pukes that take no risks and focus group poo poo to death. The things that really make the mark are drat-the-torpedoes we're going to do it anyway stuff. Sometimes the biggest failures, too, but no one will remember that bland same-wagon you tried to make to capture some of the sales success the other brand was having with theirs.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Ok that is great news. The TourX ticks almost every box I'm looking at, but petty or not I crossed it off my list solely due to those wheel arches.

Now if I could just get this drat 200k mile 04 Accord to die so I can justify buying one!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't imagine it would be impossible to paint those arches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

There’s half a dozen cool wagons sold in the US, they’re just not-cheap.

- E63s
- Audi RS6
- Porsche Panerabread Gran Turismo
- Jaguar Sportbrake
- Volvo V90
- Volvo V60

Etc