Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I voted Hillary last time now trump gets his vote, that's fair imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Jewel Repetition posted:

I'm with Bernie because I want his policies to be enacted, and if he's not nominated they won't, so the only point of my vote or lack thereof is the optics

Edit: Should clarify I'm not saying to vote for Trump. Just to not vote. If it even comes to that. Bernie is still the most likely nominee

I can respect not voting. If i lived in the US, i'd be a BernieOrBust all the way.

I think there is a major distinction between abstaining and voting for Trump.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

the trump tutelage posted:

An unnerving pitter-patter from behind the wall.
Inscrutable scratching noises from nowhere and everywhere.

lol

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Al-Saqr posted:

I’m just laughing and laughing at how loving stupid and primitive their obvious ratfuck psyop is, holy poo poo the DNC is such a stupid and evil group

Is it stupid? I dont see anyone rioting in the streets so they will get away with it. Stupid or not, it works.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bearded Whiteguy posted:

Hey so, I try to be the guy who says please vote blue because Nazis are worse, but hey. Chill the gently caress out on that right now. Let people be loving angry at this bullshit. This is somehow even worse than 2016.

The DNC is proving every single conspiracy theory against them to have merit. Every single thing they’re doing right now is the worst possible optics and decisions. People are pissed and allowed to vent about how stupid, pointless, and utterly broken the DNC is. This has been building for years and people are being proven right, but the worst kind of right. The kind you wish you weren’t. And it sucks.

Literally everyone except maybe one or two posters know this. And as I discovered years ago here, it seemed every person who lives in a battleground state still voted for Hillary in 2016. Pretty sure we’re all loving aware how bad another 4 years of Turmo are. Everyone knows RBG is dying and won’t last and then we’ll all be royally hosed. We get it.

Still pissed. It’s still rigged, and right now there’s no loving way you’re convincing me to vote for Sneaky Pete. So stop. Come back in 8 months if I have no choice. (And even then, gently caress off because I live in CA where my vote wouldn’t matter anyway for pres).

good news, we can wait for them to try to convince us to vote for their idiotic stuffed suit who will govern identically to Trump forever and it'll never happen because they don't want to earn our vote, they feel entitled to it

Moon Shrimp
Sep 7, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

there's no reason to protest vote Trump, he's gonna beat anybody who isn't Bernie by 10 points, you're much better served either writing in Bernie or voting for a PSL or Crysal Alien Party or whatever. Think of it as an investment in lib meltdowns after vote breakdowns are released

If it doesn't matter, then it doesn't matter and you shouldn't care if they vote for trump. This is all just symbolic bullshit at that point and you only care because you still have libbrains.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Dont turn posting onto each other. Focus it on making Ratards angry.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

please take the vote blue no matter who arguments into some other thread so it can be gassed, this is the thread to be mad at rats and hoot and holler for bernies victory in iowa, new hampshire, etc.

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Shageletic posted:

If Biden or Buttigieg or Klobicher is the nominee, I'm penciling in Sanders

I can't see any instance where I'd ever vote for Biden, so I'm not sure what I'd do if he were the nom (please god no).

Delaware uses electronic machines and I've never "written in" anyone before, I wonder how that works...

Echoing the people who said down ballot races are important and are worth showing up for.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
lmao... from chud twitter

pete and the DNC have ruined any credibility the dem candidate might have when it comes to election security

this topic is now, literally, a weakness for any dem candidate except bernie

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Moon Shrimp posted:

If it doesn't matter, then it doesn't matter and you shouldn't care if they vote for trump. This is all just symbolic bullshit at that point and you only care because you still have libbrains.

it is and you can use the magical power of symbology to make a better point than that, a 50 state blowout by Trump isn't gonna change how the Dems do anything but if they lose a state because Bernie got enough write ins to have made the difference, they still won't change but instead of being secretly happy they'll be explicitly outraged

anyway it's irrelevant because he's absolutely gonna win

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Polo-Rican posted:

vote for trump in 2020 and you're a nazi
He's really good at talking poo poo though, you gotta give him that at least

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

pre-op bebop posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1224863990150508545

Let's put a pic of a Bernie event in our "conspiracy theory" article!

Also, gently caress you idiots who are planning to vote for turmp in any circumstance whatsoever. I'm not "blue no matter who" but goddamn, don't vote for trump.

When something like this happens during an election that is "circumstantial", the burden of proof should always be on the people with power, not on the voters. They use the "conspiracy theory" defense every time, whether it was during the run-up to the Iraq War, i.e. only conspiracy theorists doubt the government's word or whatever else.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

lmao... from chud twitter

pete and the DNC have ruined any credibility the dem candidate might have when it comes to election security

this topic is now, literally, a weakness for any dem candidate except bernie

yeah lol, it really is astonishing, they've basically doomed any candidate that isn't Bernie with this and they'll probably never realize it

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Dalael posted:

Is it stupid? I dont see anyone rioting in the streets so they will get away with it. Stupid or not, it works.

Well yeah Donald trump is president so obviously any dumb bullshit works it’s just astounding how the DNC hates bernie this much to the point that they would rather kill the earth than see him win anything

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Gumball Gumption posted:

If you want to always be known as the person who voted for a rapist feel free. If I have no good options I'd rather just pick none.

You're missing the point of my post. I am inno way saying people should vote for Trump.

Im saying ppl shouldnt vote for anyone but Bernie. If he loses, stay home, write his name or whatever.

But this bullshit pretense that Dems are better than the GOP has to stop because it clearly isnt loving true. They are one and the same

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Grondoth posted:

If I was an Iowan I'd be furious

To be honest with you I'm furious. Like, I don't actually give a rats rear end if they feel the need to report individual votes or not. They should absolutely have the delegate counts for every precinct by now. People were already elected to go to county conventions by the various campaigns. The thing is done and set by each caucus.

Every caucus ratified their results. There was more transparency in those rooms than anything the DNC can do after the fact. Maybe there were fuckups. That's a problem for next time. Everybody there at the time agreed with the results their precinct ended up with. Precinct captains from competing campaigns observed the chairs counting preferences. The entire thing is built on the agreement of the people participating at the time, so just go with what they agreed on, even if they messed up the math or procedure somehow. That's more transparent, honest, and true to the intent and expectations of the caucus-goers than anything else we're going to get.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

a 50 state blowout by Trump

This would make for some of the greatest TV known to man

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

How are you so sure Trump is worse? Tell me, someone who truly hate the motherfucker, what have the democrats done that set them apart?

They voted to give him more money for his wars.
How many of them became pro lgbtq just because it was polling well?

Show me ANY indication that the dems really are better.

Supreme court justices, immigration policy, gender and racial issues. I have no faith in their financial policy but they're generally inoffensive on race, gender and separation of church and state.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
bernie release more numbers

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

she knew

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1046209037992435712

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Seriously they did it in 2001 and time after time both before and after: rigging elections.

Fascism is imperialism brought home and it looks like Iowa is in South America now.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

bobtheconqueror posted:

Every caucus ratified their results.

the democratic party ratified them too, what's the problem

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Still can't get over how Iowa added the raw vote reporting to ensure everyone had trust in them after 2016 and it's probably what caused all this. The world's dumbest asses

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Voting for Sanders for president is going to be the best vote I ever make and the only way it's not happening is if I'm dead

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
bernie should help the iowa dems by filling in all their blank spaces for them

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Bernie take my numbers!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

galenanorth posted:

When something like this happens during an election that is "circumstantial", the burden of proof should always be on the people with power, not on the voters. They use the "conspiracy theory" defense every time, whether it was during the run-up to the Iraq War, i.e. only conspiracy theorists doubt the government's word or whatever else.
The point here is to obscure that there are conspiracies that make sense and those that are clearly bullshit. They didn't do a controlled demo on 9/11 but they sure af covered up that a major U.S. ally was behind it and used it to justify non sequitor conflicts that served other political aims.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

gently caress the DNC! If they don’t want Bernie they don’t get my vote! I refuse to let some corporate bloodsucker like Pete or a weak half-assing liberal like Warren act like they can represent me and the rest of the American people.

Bernie only, gently caress everyone who fights against us.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Epic High Five posted:

if the ratfucking succeeds, definitely turn out and vote downticket and get involved locally to make sure good candidates win, that stuff does good, and you also get to walk into the voting place past the Pete or whoever people and tell them you're voting for Joseph Stalin for President

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
there's a webinar to join bernie's texting teram in 5 minutes here: https://berniesanders.com/text/webinars/

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's not about wanting it, it's about guessing correctly

Pete sucks rear end and everyone ITT is going to write in Bernie so this is the only surefire bet

You know there's a Predictit thread, right?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Deified Data posted:

I would never abstain from voting. I'd be proud to vote for la Riva if Bernie doesn't make it, but hopefully he runs as an independent if staying in the dem primary is untenable. Bernie's not gonna have any trouble with the democrats though.

this too if warren isnt in it too

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Pelosi is very honorable to have somehow done more drugs than trump tonight

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

everything is really stupid

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene
I unironically think 4 years of trump will be better in the medium term than a Biden or Buttigieg presidency, even for oppressed groups

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I imagine Pete planned this all out because he knew 2020 was the year of the rat

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Al-Saqr posted:

I’m just laughing and laughing at how loving stupid and primitive their obvious ratfuck psyop is, holy poo poo the DNC is such a stupid and evil group

pete is the funniest part. of all the weird ghouls they congealed around this guy.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Vox Nihili posted:

You know there's a Predictit thread, right?

!!!

I did not! I just learned about PredictIt (and the C-SPAM subforum) a couple hours ago.

Thank you, friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

if Warren gets the nod her GE campaign is going to get her added to your list I promise

looooool maybe