Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

I mean just look at the map, all the rural Pete heavy ones and all the cracker stuffed suburbs and exurbs got counted and then only enough of the Bernie ones to make it seem legit

Sure but I wasn't asking about the ratfucking I was asking about the DNC takeover rumor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Alex jowns

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
So typically if there's 62% reporting in a race and it's very close between first and second they will wait a bit longer to call it, especially if it looks like many of the outstanding votes in the remaining areas look good for the 2nd place candidate.

This time around they hand-select the 62% that looks best for Pete, Pete is barely ahead in terms of delegates, and even though the remaining areas are strong Bernie areas they just call it for Pete.

Like, even if the failing app and the vote transmission chaos was pure incompetence, the part about the partial vote count is sheer, deliberate wrong-doing.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I would never abstain from voting. I'd be proud to vote for la Riva if Bernie doesn't make it, but hopefully he runs as an independent if staying in the dem primary is untenable. Bernie's not gonna have any trouble with the democrats though.

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

"middle class" is hilariously low now, like 50k for a single income, which will buy you the sort of life pitched as middle class in exactly zero places in this country

50K would get you a pretty great life where I live, but I take home like 20K and I have a semi-decent local government job with a higher-than-average-for-the-area wage.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

if the ratfucking succeeds, definitely turn out and vote downticket and get involved locally to make sure good candidates win, that stuff does good, and you also get to walk into the voting place past the Pete or whoever people and tell them you're voting for Bernie Sanders for President

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Epic High Five posted:

if the ratfucking succeeds, definitely turn out and vote downticket and get involved locally to make sure good candidates win, that stuff does good, and you also get to walk into the voting place past the Pete or whoever people and tell them you're voting for Bernie Sanders for President

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bob Quixote posted:

50K would get you a pretty great life where I live, but I take home like 20K and I have a semi-decent local government job with a higher-than-average-for-the-area wage.

ya but those areas don't offer the social amenities that is pitched as part of the middle class lifestyle anymore

maybe in the 80's but the only things in media now that portray something close to what it's actually like to live like you work for a living is Shameless and Bob's Burgers

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

eighty-four merc posted:

gently caress you I don't owe anyone my vote

If you are a Bermie supporter but vote for Trump due to ratfucking, then you're with Bernie just to be cool.

No one who truly supports him would vote for Trump. If you do, then.you really dont give a gently caress about Bernie's policies.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
the iowa caucus results are in ur hearts

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Don Pigeon posted:

This time around they hand-select the 62% that looks best for Pete, Pete is barely ahead in terms of delegates, and even though the remaining areas are strong Bernie areas they just call it for Pete.

they're currently tied on Pledged Delegates

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Jewel Repetition posted:

If Bernie isn't the nominee Trump is going to win no matter what you do, so you can abstain with a clean conscience

Agreed

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Sure but I wasn't asking about the ratfucking I was asking about the DNC takeover rumor.

oh I personally know a few people who plan on attending and they're absolutely perfectly fine to go apeshit or celebrate peacefully, it's up to the DNC really

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
lock him up

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Dalael posted:

If you are a Bermie supporter but vote for Trump due to ratfucking, then you're with Bernie just to be cool.

No one who truly supports him would vote for Trump. If you do, then.you really dont give a gently caress about Bernie's policies.

naw

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Trabisnikof posted:

they're currently tied on Pledged Delegates

even worse.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Dalael posted:

This can't be stressed enough.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chaleski posted:

Protip: if you're actually considering protest/joke voting for Trump and helping the loving Nazis just stay home and kill yourself instead

In a videogame, of course

:sad:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Deified Data posted:

I would never abstain from voting. I'd be proud to vote for la Riva if Bernie doesn't make it, but hopefully he runs as an independent if staying in the dem primary is untenable. Bernie's not gonna have any trouble with the democrats though.

Yeah, like I said, way better to vote for la Riva or another worker friendly party than leaving it blank or writing someone in.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Moon Shrimp posted:

If Bernie is ratfucked out of the nomination, it's better that Trump wins rather than letting them steal the presidency like that. It annoys me to see people being criticized for being honest about that rather than going with this wishy-washy protest vote stuff.

Bernie's not going to get ratfucked out of the nomination if we don't let it happen. Focus on the task at hand.

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Dalael posted:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dalael posted:

I'm with Bernie because I want his policies to be enacted, and if he's not nominated they won't, so the only point of my vote or lack thereof is the optics

Edit: Should clarify I'm not saying to vote for Trump. Just to not vote. If it even comes to that. Bernie is still the most likely nominee

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Epic High Five posted:

"middle class" is hilariously low now, like 50k for a single income, which will buy you the sort of life pitched as middle class in exactly zero places in this country

HENRY detected, you know the traditional sentence

NofrikinfuN posted:

most people that identify as middle class are actually poor

those that do will be spared a lifetime of prison in lieu of reeducation and monitoring, pending release to the general public upon passing an interrogation

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I’m just laughing and laughing at how loving stupid and primitive their obvious ratfuck psyop is, holy poo poo the DNC is such a stupid and evil group

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

there's no reason to protest vote Trump, he's gonna beat anybody who isn't Bernie by 10 points, you're much better served either writing in Bernie or voting for a PSL or Crysal Alien Party or whatever. Think of it as an investment in lib meltdowns after vote breakdowns are released

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

T-man posted:

"middle class" is just lib for rich, you two are on my posting enemies list now

I can survive probably two sudden medical emergencies without spiraling into debt, so yeah by the standards of this idiotic country I am rich.

God I miss Korea sometimes.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Eifert Posting posted:

As a middle class white straight male I will absolutely vote in functional opposition to trump. I won't help others suffer. Nothing is dumber than a protest vote. I won't need to worry about it though as Bernie will be the candidate.

How are you so sure Trump is worse? Tell me, someone who truly hate the motherfucker, what have the democrats done that set them apart?

They voted to give him more money for his wars.
How many of them became pro lgbtq just because it was polling well?

Show me ANY indication that the dems really are better.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

T-man posted:

HENRY detected, you know the traditional sentence

those that do will be spared a lifetime of prison in lieu of reeducation and monitoring, pending release to the general public upon passing an interrogation

buddy I'm going off the commonly agreed upon term, ain't no way an actual HENRY would suffer to live near or socialize with some school janitor making 50k gross lmfao

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

I'm with Bernie because I want his policies to be enacted, and if he's not nominated they won't, so the only point of my vote or lack thereof is the optics

Edit: Should clarify I'm not saying to vote for Trump. Just to not vote. If it even comes to that. Bernie is still the most likely nominee

Yeah, I'm down for not voting, third party, or writing in. I'm not voting in a way that helps out the loving apocalypse blood tide. Just because Trump also hates the DNC doesn't make him my friend.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

she won my state and i got to chill at home.

i mean i definitely went to the polls because there was a bunch of state poo poo to vote on that actually mattered but i absolutely could not bring myself to fill that box

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

there's no reason to protest vote Trump, he's gonna beat anybody who isn't Bernie by 10 points, you're much better served either writing in Bernie or voting for a PSL or Crysal Alien Party or whatever. Think of it as an investment in lib meltdowns after vote breakdowns are released

yeah it doesnt matter. if its not bernie, just make sure you dont vote democrat

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Majorian posted:

Bernie's not going to get ratfucked out of the nomination if we don't let it happen. Focus on the task at hand.

This is do or die

It sounds like literally for a lot of posters
(me included)
You gotta do

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

pre-op bebop posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1224863990150508545

Let's put a pic of a Bernie event in our "conspiracy theory" article!

Also, gently caress you idiots who are planning to vote for turmp in any circumstance whatsoever. I'm not "blue no matter who" but goddamn, don't vote for trump.

If Biden or Buttigieg or Klobicher is the nominee, I'm penciling in Sanders

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

try meeting a minority and report back plz

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shageletic posted:

If Biden or Buttigieg or Klobicher is the nominee, I'm penciling in Sanders

if Warren gets the nod her GE campaign is going to get her added to your list I promise

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK
Hey so, I try to be the guy who says please vote blue because Nazis are worse, but hey. Chill the gently caress out on that right now. Let people be loving angry at this bullshit. This is somehow even worse than 2016.

The DNC is proving every single conspiracy theory against them to have merit. Every single thing they’re doing right now is the worst possible optics and decisions. People are pissed and allowed to vent about how stupid, pointless, and utterly broken the DNC is. This has been building for years and people are being proven right, but the worst kind of right. The kind you wish you weren’t. And it sucks.

Literally everyone except maybe one or two posters know this. And as I discovered years ago here, it seemed every person who lives in a battleground state still voted for Hillary in 2016. Pretty sure we’re all loving aware how bad another 4 years of Turmo are. Everyone knows RBG is dying and won’t last and then we’ll all be royally hosed. We get it.

Still pissed. It’s still rigged, and right now there’s no loving way you’re convincing me to vote for Sneaky Pete. So stop. Come back in 8 months if I have no choice. (And even then, gently caress off because I live in CA where my vote wouldn’t matter anyway for pres).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dalael posted:

How are you so sure Trump is worse? Tell me, someone who truly hate the motherfucker, what have the democrats done that set them apart?

They voted to give him more money for his wars.
How many of them became pro lgbtq just because it was polling well?

Show me ANY indication that the dems really are better.

If you want to always be known as the person who voted for a rapist feel free. If I have no good options I'd rather just pick none.