Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tetracube posted:

forgot why I was making this a third of the way through, postin it anyway

right click save as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

Hold up, what?

I can't verify if its true just something that was reported earlier in the thread

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

The Archaic posted:

More results in 1 hour

source?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

caucuses should have more microtransactions imo

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

The Archaic posted:

More results in 1 hour

source me you tease

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Archaic posted:

More results in 1 hour

where are you seeing this?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tetracube posted:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Tetracube posted:

lmao

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Archaic source it or you get the hose again

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Tetracube posted:

lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

wait till you see what the GOP does with 2 more SC noms

a 7/2 court rules more or less identically to a 5/4 one if you actually examine historical precedents, especially in regards to stuff like expanding the application of state violence on dissenters and the stripping of constitutional rights to privacy and due process

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

extreme corruption

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Michael Brooks got texted it on the MR feed covering the SOTU, and it was also in the Bernie slack channel, both of which probably came from here

https://twitter.com/tylerpager/status/1224886331274297346?s=20

Former writer at NYT and currently works for Bloomberg

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

my cracking and pinging is through the roof

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I hate these people.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the entire and singular purpose of the SCOTUS is to enhance the powers of violence to enforce the status quo, it has never and will never stand against this, it is an illegitimate branch that should be dissolved entirely and its members put on trial

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Gonna watch the fight song again to fully piss myself off.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Caucus? More like suck rear end

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

If they release it right after the sotu the tankies are proven right yet again

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Grondoth posted:

I'm just so disappointed in my country

I'm just so disappointed in myself

they always fight back the hardest right before they're defeated.

this is our moment, we will win

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

a 7/2 court rules more or less identically to a 5/4 one if you actually examine historical precedents, especially in regards to stuff like expanding the application of state violence on dissenters and the stripping of constitutional rights to privacy and due process

I am not a mathematician but, and stay with me here, I think replacing 3 judges is three times as hard as replacing one.

Caveat: I am a history major and not a math major.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Eifert Posting posted:

I am not a mathematician but, and stay with me here, I think replacing 3 judges is three times as hard as replacing one.

if every judge is replaced by somebody who will vote identically to the last what difference does it make

are you assuming that the Dems, if able, will present a resistance? if so, lmfao

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

you know what they say about a caucus. when you caucus you make a Cock out of Us. that's what they say

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

the entire and singular purpose of the SCOTUS is to enhance the powers of violence to enforce the status quo, it has never and will never stand against this, it is an illegitimate branch that should be dissolved entirely and its members put on trial

You basically only can make the SCOTUS rule favorably for leftists with enough fear in the establishment through direct action.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Eifert Posting posted:

andey

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Archaic posted:

Michael Brooks got texted it on the MR feed covering the SOTU, and it was also in the Bernie slack channel, both of which probably came from here

https://twitter.com/tylerpager/status/1224886331274297346?s=20

Former writer at NYT and currently works for Bloomberg

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonnyc/status/1224870897951158272?s=21

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
hmm or maybe we just stack the court to prevent two illegitimate appointees from influencing court decisions

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Raccooon posted:

Gonna watch the fight song again to fully piss myself off.

Like that the fight song beat starts with a lady just saying "dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb"

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Last of the results are in, y'all https://politics.theonion.com/600-pound-butter-cow-sculpture-wins-iowa-caucus-1819573170

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

bobtheconqueror posted:

The problem from my perspective is that they're auditing preference cards and math for process and procedure errors. I'm worried their going to change results in multiple precincts as a result, likely as a means of further ratfucking. Also, if they were just going with what the precincts went with last night, they should be able to publish the full numbers by now. That they haven't is a sign that some poo poo is going on behind closed doors.

I think if you wanted to change caucus results after the fact, you would need to reconvene the caucus for each precinct in question.

Yeah that's becoming my concern as well because they aren't saying what they are doing. If mistakes were made that sucks but in most cases they were made out in the open and everyone agreed on the results and signed off on them. If they are trying to change things after the fact then that is a serious ratfucking and even further undermines any faith people have in elections.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
This app poo poo could have been handled by a spreadsheet on Google docs.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ACRONYM

A CRONY M

:thunk:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/bloodtherover/status/1224893115883868160?s=20

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

C-SPAN Caller posted:

You basically only can make the SCOTUS rule favorably for leftists with enough fear in the establishment through direct action.

it's literally as evil an institution as the presidency in terms of body count and boots on necks in American history but because it's not the POTUS and it isn't just one person, every piece of coverage on it is "many sides many sides"

like the absolute minimum compromise is expanding it to 39 justices, anything less is just laughable liberalism

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/TallCoreopsis/status/1224789539954266112?s=20

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Raccooon posted:

I hate these people.

I would like to do things to them that would get me probed if I posted them but they are bad and violent.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

it's literally as evil an institution as the presidency in terms of body count and boots on necks in American history but because it's not the POTUS and it isn't just one person, every piece of coverage on it is "many sides many sides"

like the absolute minimum compromise is expanding it to 39 justices, anything less is just laughable liberalism

69 imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

if you looooooooooooooooooooove the SCOTUS so much, read The New Jim Crow to start with and then talk to me about it, otherwise chug a gallon of bleach and then shut the gently caress up forever because it's evil as poo poo and was designed to be exactly how it is