Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
I wouldn't hold your breath on a steam release. there has been no communication regarding gbvs steam since the stuff a year ago of them saying it would be nice to put the game on steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Does anyone know what time the HK version releases? I'm having trouble finding info on that.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Hyper Inferno posted:

How good have PS4 fighter been about accepting PS3 sticks generally? Will I finally need to get a new one for GBFV or should I just wait for a Steam release?

PS3 sticks don't work with Arcsys' two most recent fighting games (BBTag & DBFZ), so it's unlikely they'll work with GBFV.

You could get a Brook Universal or PS4 board instead of a whole new stick if you're not looking to replace what you've got

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Partial Octopus posted:

Does anyone know what time the HK version releases? I'm having trouble finding info on that.

An hour after the jp release, I think.

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

PS3 sticks don't work with Arcsys' two most recent fighting games (BBTag & DBFZ), so it's unlikely they'll work with GBFV.

You could get a Brook Universal or PS4 board instead of a whole new stick if you're not looking to replace what you've got

Or the Brook ps3->ps4 converter for a cheaper but slightly laggier alternative.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Zand posted:

I wouldn't hold your breath on a steam release. there has been no communication regarding gbvs steam since the stuff a year ago of them saying it would be nice to put the game on steam.

The fact that XSeed is handling the localization at least gives me a little hope. I know the localization team doesn't have a whole lot of sway on porting decisions but it gives me more hope than if the english version was all handled in house.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Word is the HK version has english dub as well as text. We'll find out for sure tomorrow. If so, I'll punt the month and grab HK.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Brought To You By posted:

Apparently it's more like weapon's master mode from Soul Calibur and you can use them in versus mode as well. I don't know if they confer any other benefits besides cosmetics under those terms but I do agree that it's not really something I'm upset about since it's largely there for the single player mode.

They're used for your weapon grid in single player but are otherwise cosmetic for standard play

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

How robust do people expect the single player in Granblue Fantasy VS to be? Same-ish level to Soul Calibur?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Evo 2020:

Smash Ultimate
SFVCE
Tekken 7
DBFZ
Samsho
Granblue
SC6
UNCLR

& a MVC2 invitational, 4 pre-selected players chosen by Evo + 4 others selected in some unspecified way, community events or whatever

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

No MK11 wounds me on a personal level for some reason. I don't even play that much MK11

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

How robust do people expect the single player in Granblue Fantasy VS to be? Same-ish level to Soul Calibur?

the single player is a sidescroller beat-em-up, not a standard 1v1 fighter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Evo 2020:

Smash Ultimate
SFVCE
Tekken 7
DBFZ
Samsho
Granblue
SC6
UNCLR

& a MVC2 invitational, 4 pre-selected players chosen by Evo + 4 others selected in some unspecified way, community events or whatever

I'm surprised that SC6 made it back and the inclusion of MVC2 was cool until it was revealed to be limited to 8 people, so who cares.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Tales of Woe posted:

I always want to do this with fighting game characters, hope it's good

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

b_d posted:

I always want to do this with fighting game characters, hope it's good

Well, I have great news if you're a fan of Sub-Zero.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Gavin4L/status/1224896845379522565?s=20

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Gavok posted:

Well, I have great news if you're a fan of Guilty Gear

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My favs are out but ill still watch uniel and samsho

Tekken is up to how much leroy they still got

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

:pusheen:

Fuckin' GOT 'EM

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the mvc2 thing is just so all of mr wizards friends who aren't able to play any game released after 9/11 can show off again

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/EshiSEA/status/1224908128728145921?s=19

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Also please put smash last again so I can go to bed at a reasonable time.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

FrostyPox posted:

No MK11 wounds me on a personal level for some reason. I don't even play that much MK11

I'm sure there'll be side tournaments but ya, it's a sad day in Outworld.

I wonder if this means there won't be an Evo Tournament stage this year?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If you mean an official side-stage for select side-tournaments then yeah, they said they'll be doing that again.

There's a bunch of reasons they might not be officially running MK - it's too violent for sponsors, the DLC characters may have licensing issues, Asia uniformly doesn't give a gently caress, etc. Evo's more corporate than ever and poo poo that didn't seem to matter before matters now.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So Marvel 3 died so that Marvel 2 could come back? :thunk:

But seriously, I wonder if it's going to be on Dreamcast or Xbox 360.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

punk rebel ecks posted:

It better be loving DC

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I’m shocked that they still haven’t ported MvC 2 to new consoles yet that’s loving bullshit I want to take my switch for a ride.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Al-Saqr posted:

I’m shocked that they still haven’t ported MvC 2 to new consoles yet that’s loving bullshit I want to take my switch for a ride.

Especially since the game sold 2 million copies during the XBox 360/PS3 re-release.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
People inherently want to be taken for rides. It's in our DNA.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Al-Saqr posted:

I have to think that a re-release is coming. As corporate as Evo is becoming, that's the only thing that makes sense about that pick.

I mean, I think SamSho was the best FG of 2019, and I'm shocked it beat out MK11 and/or BBTag.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I assume you would have to talk to Disney to rerelease MvC2 and considering the state of MVCI I feel like that's never happening

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

In Training posted:

I assume you would have to talk to Disney to rerelease MvC2 and considering the state of MVCI I feel like that's never happening

But imagine a re-release where baby Yoda is unlockable

Wait don't do that

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Shinji2015 posted:

I have to think that a re-release is coming. As corporate as Evo is becoming, that's the only thing that makes sense about that pick.

That or they're trying to slowly soften people up to the idea of invite-only/exhibition events and they figure it'll be easier to do with an old game than a new one.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
disturbing to see Evo abandoning its long history as a kusoge tournament

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

MvC2 is a licensing nightmare, and that's why it's never getting a re-release.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

https://twitter.com/Oikilek/status/1224901109027954689

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

disturbing to see Evo abandoning its long history as a kusoge tournament

SF5's still there

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Actually SFV is good :smuggo:

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

FrostyPox posted:

Actually SFV is good :smuggo:

No, it's bad. And I'm beginning to have my suspicions there are some other bad ones as well.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tales of Woe posted:

Oh that's pretty neat, does it usually have multiple weapon/outfit collectibles with their own properties and stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

punk rebel ecks posted:

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

It better be loving DC

Spuckuk posted:

MvC2 is a licensing nightmare, and that's why it's never getting a re-release.

Doesn't Disney own every character now that isn't Capcom? Should be a lot easier, when I first saw it listed I assumed a newer port was inevitable because why else, but then I realized that

darealkooky posted:

the mvc2 thing is just so all of mr wizards friends who aren't able to play any game released after 9/11 can show off again