Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
What's the goon approved way of killing dargyn pilots while sliding? Rhino stomp doesn't seem to work anymore, or my basic understanding of "sliding" is flawed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Titania 1st ability works.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Thank you. I got a kohmak riven for my efforts. :downs:

Oh and DE beat my expectations by getting the console update to cert while they're still testing lich changes on PC

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 4, 2020

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

prefect posted:

I have unbound my first spoiler skill. :peanut:

Mind Step

This is going to take a while.

I eventually just slapped lenses in everything and leveled that passively. Largely low level lenses except for a few frames I play a bunch and are at least decent at farming affinity.

E: VVVV we're getting grown up spoilers eventually, I'd bet we're getting focus tree additions, new schools or tiers, or a rework, something. eventually.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 4, 2020

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Low level lenses on everything work for some passive income, but few things beat a killer ESO group, like a Saryn, a Volt and some support, and proper lenses on the appropriate elements, so I'd recommend a little of that too. Seriously, hitting the daily cap a few times in a week will do wonders for your trees. And doloning allows you to bypass the daily cap, get arcanes, and is necessary for actually unlocking the loving waybounds.

I've finished filling my focus trees and I'm still lensing everything I use, including my amp, and stockpiling focus and dolon shards for a focus update that adds more stuff and will never, ever happen. Unless a very big thing happens in the next big story quest.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

The lua lens grind isn't bad because at least disruption is fun, but bleh on doing tier 5 cetus bounties over and over for that eidolon lens...

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Electric guitar shawzin is in, somebody record what it sounds like

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Wow, this Brozime guy doesn;t really know what he's talking about does he? He just called the Vauban rework underwhelming, said the Grenades weren't good, and rated it in like the last 5 frames. Which suggests he hasn't played it, at all.

He also sad Wukong was bad...

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Ignore Brozime is my handy dandy protip.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Getting Lich weapon previews on larvae is so choice!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I kinda skipped through that last night and there's a lot of points I disagree with. Aside from ignoring traditional use of lettered grading in favor of just using A/B/C with modifiers so people don't get mad, he seems to slip in and out of focusing on things. It's hard to follow a logic train that says Nezha is one of the best frames in the game due to his kit but Volt is medium tier because Gauss/Saryn exist.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

You really should ignore most of what the youtubers say. Shy, who's generally pretty level headed, thinks that the kuva kohm is meh at best and that mag is a bad frame.

Sometimes they have magical builds for an Ivara that can solo T4 void survival for hours and hours while virtually AFK and that's worth a look, sometimes they look at one of the few guns that justify using an acolyte mod and, for the first time in history, they don't slot the somewhat rare thing they can't help but show off the rest of the time and declare the gun that merely performs adequately to be poo poo.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Leyzar was great when starting out for the noob-friendly explanation of weapon modding and using common mods for builds. All his builds aren't perfect but in general he puts a lot of effort into testing rather than just going by the numbers. So if you have to kill a level 120 Bombard with a primary/secondary, you know where to find a nice build for that.

Sapmatic does a good job on explaining more esoteric stuff, especially good for Eidolons.

Xandypants is low-volume and pretty good.

That was it for me as far as Warframe ~* partners *~ go.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Clone wars:

Tried opticor and lens with my clone. The clone use both weapons. My lens is just bad so don't do anything interesting with it, but the opticor was actually useful.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
mama mia that's a lot of anomaly shards I gotta farm

oh hey fun, my L1 button doesn't work anymore

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 5, 2020

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Ah, Oberon and Nekros are getting unvaulted next, that's annoying, they're frames that I've already invested into, and they're frames I don't enjoy playing.

v1ld posted:

Leyzar was great when starting out for the noob-friendly explanation of weapon modding and using common mods for builds. All his builds aren't perfect but in general he puts a lot of effort into testing rather than just going by the numbers. So if you have to kill a level 120 Bombard with a primary/secondary, you know where to find a nice build for that.

Sapmatic does a good job on explaining more esoteric stuff, especially good for Eidolons.

Xandypants is low-volume and pretty good.

That was it for me as far as Warframe ~* partners *~ go.

Those three guys are probably the best out there at that kind of deep dive analysis IMO. Brozime you have to take with a grain of salt, some of his analysis isn't wrong.

Shy annoys me but she isn't wrong about Kuva Kohm being overrated.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

My 500th login is coming up, should I pick the Zenith or Azima?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Zenith if you want to pop heads through walls. I kinda love it.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Brozime also posted a 40 minute bitch fit video about the UI. Lol.

I like Relentless Zen because his videos/capturas are gorgeous, Grind Hard Squad, Shy, and Ashisogi Tenno for humor, and agayguyplays for fashion frame.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I like shy because I dont have to look at/ listen to a meat person

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

SIGSEGV posted:

Shy, who's generally pretty level headed, thinks that the kuva kohm is meh at best and that mag is a bad frame.

Shy probably isn't the place to go for 100% objective, straight coverage. Also this is the internet and at least one person with die on a hill for Mag equipped with a Kuva Kohm, just like they will for anything else. I'm more willing to listen to someone who can make the case for a frame/gun/whatever being bad than someone guarding their subs by saying you should follow your heart.

quote:

Sometimes they have magical builds for an Ivara that can solo T4 void survival for hours and hours while virtually AFK

This is more or less why I don't watch many videos. Ivara farming intrinsics was useful. Ivara farming four hour endless runs is, in general, not. It's as useful as making the case that X is good if you're hours deep in a grineer endless with no corpro and only three people and also all the enemies are in one hallway and it's the second tuesday of an even-numbered month. I can't refute that but valuing it the same as "can do well in missions where you want everyone to go fast" and "can do well in missions where you want to kill a lot of enemies" is a mistake.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 5, 2020

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

For Wukong clones, I find it best to give him Amprex, Ignis or Arca Plasmor.

He'll close the distance and aiming no longer matters.
I THINK he will go beyond leash length in order to close the distance to use whatever weapon he has.

Melee is a bit different because he's programmed to stay near your and prioritize the closest enemy.

At least that's from what I can tell.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

There are 42 warframes in warframe, did you seriously expect to watch a full roster review and agree with everything

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm intrigued with the new Baruuk mods, making Desert Wind better might make him worth using for me. Anyone messed with it yet?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Mailer posted:

Shy probably isn't the place to go for 100% objective, straight coverage. Also this is the internet and at least one person with die on a hill for Mag equipped with a Kuva Kohm, just like they will for anything else. I'm more willing to listen to someone who can make the case for a frame/gun/whatever being bad than someone guarding their subs by saying you should follow your heart.

That's true, I mostly like her because she can be funny and generally doesn't waste much time getting to the point.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

BMan posted:

There are 42 warframes in warframe, did you seriously expect to watch a full roster review and agree with everything

TBF there really aren't that many outright bad frames like original Mag or original Wukong left

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

All the worst frames have been reworked in the past year so the current worst frames now are actually pretty serviceable

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

BMan posted:

Electric guitar shawzin is in, somebody record what it sounds like
from reddit https://streamable.com/46tka

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Improbable Lobster posted:

TBF there really aren't that many outright bad frames like original Mag or original Wukong left

Yeah, the only ones I don't like are the ones I'm too impatient to learn.

I know Gara is incredible but I just don't caaaaaaare right now.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Given the guns now available (and possibly in the past, I wouldn't know) every frame can complete almost all content up to and including sortie-level stuff. Give <insert frame here> an Acceltra and you'll win. If that's the bar for being considered good, then everything is good. There's some weird stuff like dolons and "what about level 200 enemies" edge cases but in general you can do all the things.

Edit: Um... so do I have to play the new shawzin to go electric? I have one with a friggin skull on it and if you can't play metal on that then the world has lied to me.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 5, 2020

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I probably shouldn't be complaining, as everyone knows this isn't the go-to game for Xtreme Challenge, but the combination of two Arcane Guardians + Adaptation + Magus Repair makes any frame I have with health completely unkillable.

Like after a couple hits I have 1200 armor and Adaptation at 90% so all hits are doing about 2 damage each to my health, which I can instantly heal to full with Magus Repair (which needs no energy to perform and I'm invincible while doing it).

It was getting a little boring as Inaros, so I tried something new by dusting off Excalibur Umbra. I gave him my Arca Plasmor and spent the whole time in spoiler mode as he went to town on everything and I went like 50 waves in Arbitration, no sweat.

If I put a lot of investment into Focus points, can spoiler mode deal damage comparable to firearms/melee? Like can I eventually exploit Excal Umbra to do more damage as a permanent tag-team than I could on my own? Seems like an interesting thought, to be a cool hipster build like that.

Anyway, now that arbitration is too easy, are there any legit challenges left that don't consist of auto-fail mission mechanics? How can you balance the game around frames that can be several orders of magnitude more tanky than others, and not require energy for survival?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Not particularly. That's kind of why I think the game needs new ai. The armor/damage rebalancing stuff is one thing but I think we need enemies who can almost move like us and present a slightly higher playskill requirement than what we have now, as opposed to bigger groups with more damage and armor.

There's lots of really crazy silly powerful stuff you can do in this game, breaking the difficulty curve over your knee with a combination of survivability and warcrime tier frame powers and weapons is not a particularly lofty goal.

I'm taking a break right now because of real life stuff, and to avoid burnout after doing a decent amount of railjack grinding, but when I come back in a month or less I'm planning on putting effort into frames I never really play but know they can do crazy strong stuff, or have slightly more unique playstyles. Garuda, Gauss, and Grendel are right up there for me, maybe some Gara. Variety was always been my favorite thing about this game, just waiting for a tiny bit more of that.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I mean if you exclusively want to die, you can run up the clock on endless missions until the damage has scaled through the roof. You've gone all in on defensive options using an already super tanky frame that can heal while invisible. If your metric is "can enemies kill me easily?" then any content meeting your requirement would be effectively impossible otherwise. Scaling up to the point where it's unreasonable to kill you is less of a goal than doing all your farming as fast as possible.

Zero VGS posted:

If I put a lot of investment into Focus points, can spoiler mode deal damage comparable to firearms/melee?

No. With a good amp and all focus maxed out you can kindasorta shoot chaff and it'll slowly die. A rapid-fire prism lets you take down null shields. There are shitloads of great abilities (besides just staying invisible and flying around the map) in the trees, but your spoiler will never be a combat powerhouse unless you're exclusively fighting enemies that die to a stiff breeze.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

you can use the heat arcane on your amp which can make your operator able to hang around until you start getting close to triple digit enemy levels

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
The destructo disc with the fortuna crit amp has always been good vs high level stuff.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Magus Lockdown is the gimmick way of killing stuff with operator. It does 60% of the target's hp as puncture damage, and in theory you can one shot anything that doesn't have armor or puncture resist by running 2 copies. It works best vs. Grineer w/ 4x corpro. Corpus and infested typically take a couple extra dashes because shields have puncture resist and infested get damage reduction from ancients.

Void Siphon waybound from Zenurik lets you spam void dash forever if you're hitting 3+ targets. Combine it with a dash upgrade from another school that gets rid of the knockback for best results.

It's pretty mind numbing to kill large numbers of enemies this way, and slower than normal weapons most of the time, so I wouldn't recommend it in general.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Hmm ok then, guess that's a bit disappointing I can't contribute more damage since it's really amusing to watch my Umbra beat the poo poo out of everything. I think it doesn't even use Arca Plasmor ammo when it's in auto-pilot mode.

Oh, almost forgot, if you think that's already stupid with Magus Repair healing Excalibur Umbra, I think it might even heal my Octavia Spectre (almost Octavia Spencer lol) as well, who draws all incoming fire and amplifies it back to enemies. Excal Umbra + Octavia + Spoiler is a stupid triple-team.

gnoma posted:

Magus Lockdown is the gimmick way of killing stuff with operator. It does 60% of the target's hp as puncture damage, and in theory you can one shot anything that doesn't have armor or puncture resist by running 2 copies. It works best vs. Grineer w/ 4x corpro. Corpus and infested typically take a couple extra dashes because shields have puncture resist and infested get damage reduction from ancients.

Void Siphon waybound from Zenurik lets you spam void dash forever if you're hitting 3+ targets. Combine it with a dash upgrade from another school that gets rid of the knockback for best results.

It's pretty mind numbing to kill large numbers of enemies this way, and slower than normal weapons most of the time, so I wouldn't recommend it in general.

Yeah on goon recommendations I run one Lockdown with one Repair. Didn't notice it doing much damage but it's cool do disrupt the enemies from their objectives.

Nalesh posted:

The destructo disc with the fortuna crit amp has always been good vs high level stuff.

I might check that out, hopefully it doesn't take a high Fortuna rank? Ranking up Cetus / Fortuna is sooo boring.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Anora posted:

Wow, this Brozime guy doesn;t really know what he's talking about does he? He just called the Vauban rework underwhelming, said the Grenades weren't good, and rated it in like the last 5 frames. Which suggests he hasn't played it, at all.

He also sad Wukong was bad...

brozime is a moron who is, at best, occasionally useful for explaining basic warframe mechanics in terms even a moron could understand

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Echophonic posted:

I'm intrigued with the new Baruuk mods, making Desert Wind better might make him worth using for me. Anyone messed with it yet?

Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Me and my celestial twin both use Acceltra. All parts of the map should be exploding at all times.