Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
if Buttgieg wins the nom, Trump is going to win 45 loving states. You'd have to be a loving moron to think it's acceptable to allow that to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

TyrantWD posted:

There is an army of unqualified nazi judges with lifetime appointments that say otherwise.

Turns out the real world is more complicated than a computer game.

Those nazi judges are in there because of the lesser of two evils scheme. We tried doing lesser of two evils in 2016, and guess what, it didn't work. We got big evil anyway. So no more. I'm done. I'm not wasting time trying to make lesser of two evils happen when half the time it doesn't even work. Bernie or Bust.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

empty whippet box posted:

Yep, we are. gently caress anyone and everyone who isn't Bernie Sanders, I don't do this 'lesser of two evils' poo poo anymore.

People who enable Trump winning by staying home are worse than Trump voters. At least they are getting the outcome they want.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TyrantWD posted:

There is an army of unqualified nazi judges with lifetime appointments that say otherwise.

Turns out the real world is more complicated than a computer game.

A lot of us voted for Clinton in 2016, I know I did. Sure didn't stop us from getting Trump.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

PerniciousKnid posted:

Can you link an article about the hundreds of children separated from their parents for months by Obama's order? I'm not familiar with that.

Edit: also curious about Obama repealing DACA, banning Muslim immigrants and publicly encouraging police brutality and political violence.

Your right, Obama didn’t ban Muslims from entering this country, he air mailed them wedding gifts.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Gripweed posted:

Those nazi judges are in there because of the lesser of two evils scheme. We tried doing lesser of two evils in 2016, and guess what, it didn't work. We got big evil anyway. So no more. I'm done. I'm not wasting time trying to make lesser of two evils happen when half the time it doesn't even work. Bernie or Bust.

I'd like a citation that it has, in fact, ever worked.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

People who enable Trump winning by staying home are worse than Trump voters. At least they are getting the outcome they want.

Guess you better nominate Sanders then

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Hillary being bad doesn't mean Bernie would win. This is a pretty right win country, and as we saw in the Iowa caucus, ratfuck or not, Bernie doesn't have the mass appeal we want him to have.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

Listen, regardless of if you like them or not, they’re needed to win so you just have to suck it up and work to nominate Bernie. For the sake of beating Trump. It’s not fair but neither is politics.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Imagine being unable to count to "maybe" 150,000 in 48h with a team of people.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

This is a pretty right win country, and as we saw in the Iowa caucus

lmao this was a good bit.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

TyrantWD posted:

Hillary being bad doesn't mean Bernie would win. This is a pretty right win country, and as we saw in the Iowa caucus, ratfuck or not, Bernie doesn't have the mass appeal we want him to have.

gonna need you to take a peek at my gangtag pal

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

(Editor’s Note: Bernie won the mass appeal in the Iowa Caucus.)

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

TyrantWD posted:

Bernie won the popular vote, which demonstrates his lack of mass appeal?

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Private Witt posted:

Sanders is at 25 or so, give or take. Biden, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar are at 40 combined, give or take.

It doesn't exactly take a genius to see that if one of those 3 can consolidate the moderate vote, they'll win a moderate, open primary state.

Buttigieg is not only best placed of those 3 to consolidate it due to the obvious fact that he just won (or nearly won) Iowa, but also because he has the best favorability ratings of all the candidates.

Doubling his numbers in a week is hard, you're right, but my point was that if Buttigieg can do that and win the first two states back to back, he has proven himself to be a VERY formidable candidate, and he is now the probable nominee.

First, you assume, without basis, that these people are all ideologically driven and will join hands to stop the great leftist menace. Polling and political science doesn't bear that out. Tons of people are non-ideological and it's hard to know how things shift when you start removing options.

Regarding the "probable nominee" sure, if you assume that everyone other than Warren joins forces under him, and Warren, Super Butt, and Sanders are the only options, in that fantasy hypothetical, he may win.

Unfortunately for you, and fortunately for America, that hypothetical is utterly removed from reality.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Apocalypse posted:

Obama only separated children from parents when they were caught illegally coming into the country AND had evidence of committing some other major offense, like drug smuggling. Obviously you can't keep a kid with a parent who is also a drug mule.

Lol that you actually buy this

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My inspiring Geralt quote was not meant to be taken seriously comrades

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

RottenK posted:

hell yeah, glad to see people with large platforms spreading this position

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1224915385193058304

I despise Chapo and all that sort of irony left poo poo but if this is what it takes to get the DNC and the establishment party in general to stop loving around then so be it.

Parrotine posted:

Jesus Christ, are people gonna actually do this? Pick up their ball and go home if their trend-setting superstar candidate doesnt take the nom?

I know nothing and care little about the Buttman, but if he takes it you better believe I'll crawl over broken glass to vote for him, I cannot take four more years of Trump madness.

I feel like people are forgetting THE reason why Trump won in the first place, a severe case of voter apathy. Theres nobody remotely as toxic as Hillary running which should be a huge leg up, dont gently caress this up Bernie Bros.

I'm voting for Bernard Sanders for President in November, hope the Democratic Party is smart enough to make sure he ends up on the ballot. I held my nose and voted for HRC in 2016, I won't compromise for some centrist piece of poo poo ever again because it benefits nobody except the comfortable and the elite.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Also people are misinterpreting Bernie's 2016 caucus strength as strength in in caucuses forever. Organization and passion help, but caucus goers are also contrarian and strategic in a way that you don't get in primaries. In a primary the most good I can do for my guy and the most damage I can do against the other guy is to vote for my guy. If I'm a non-viable Biden supporter in a caucus, I've got a second opportunity to help someone else from running away with it.

I mention this to help us navigate the inevitable wave of "the only important thing from Iowa is second choice support" talking point that is going to be everywhere this week.

Edit: like this one

TyrantWD posted:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

If the dems somehow took the senate in 2016 but Trump still won the presidency there is a very high chance that the same nazi judges that were confirmed in our reality would be confirmed in the other one as well. The dems give no shits about doing anything but upholding the status quo and playing nice with the people that would gleefully rape, exploit, and kill their children, and also the GOP

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

Listen, regardless of if you like them or not, they’re needed to win so you just have to suck it up and work to nominate Bernie. For the sake of beating Trump. It’s not fair but neither is politics.

I'm rooting for Bernie, but Bernie or Bust is worse than being a MAGA chud. RBG is staying alive out of pure spite at the moment, but she is not hanging on until November 2024. Heck, I'd go for a Bloomberg/Booker ticket if that's the alternative.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Mat Cauthon posted:

I despise Chapo and all that sort of irony left poo poo but if this is what it takes to get the DNC and the establishment party in general to stop loving around then so be it.

I'm voting for Bernard Sanders for President in November, hope the Democratic Party is smart enough to make sure he ends up on the ballot. I held my nose and voted for HRC in 2016, I won't compromise for some centrist piece of poo poo ever again because it benefits nobody except the comfortable and the elite.

They would dissolve themselves as a party and merge with the GOP before they put Sanders on the ballot.

And I’m saying this as a rabid Bernie supporter, but will end up voting for whoever is not-Trump.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

TyrantWD posted:

I'm rooting for Bernie, but Bernie or Bust is worse than being a MAGA chud. RBG is staying alive out of pure spite at the moment, but she is not hanging on until November 2024. Heck, I'd go for a Bloomberg/Booker ticket if that's the alternative.

Yeah gently caress off

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TyrantWD posted:

Who cares if you go for a ticket that can't possibly win?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Gripweed posted:

We tried doing lesser of two evils in 2016, and guess what, it didn't work. We got big evil anyway. So no more. I'm done. I'm not wasting time trying to make lesser of two evils happen when half the time it doesn't even work. Bernie or Bust.
I'm really loving sick of people pointing to a car that just crashed into a tree and exploded, exclaiming "This is the only vehicle that can go all the way to the White House, shut up and get in!" Liberal centrism is dying, and good riddance.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 5, 2020

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Cicero posted:

Bernie won the popular vote, which demonstrates his lack of mass appeal?

With what, 28% of the vote?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

Ginsberg could've retired when the Democrats had Senate control.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

TyrantWD posted:

Only like 25% of eligible voters put Trump in the white house

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

TyrantWD posted:

Why would a republican senate confirm a dem nominated supreme court judge? Asking for a friend

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

Again, you’re just going to have to bite your tongue and work hard to elect Bernie because 2016 proved they won’t be shamed into voting. Posting at them won’t work. They won’t be convinced. So you have to be the adult in the room and work to elect Bernie.

Also Bloomberg would almost certainly usher in true fascism quicker than Trump.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

In a field of 7 candidates? Yeah that tends to happen

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

LOL No he's not. He's in single digits in every state that isn't 95% white.

Not to mention he's going to get obliterated by Sanders in New Hampshire.

He probably won't finish ahead of Warren there either. Might be lucky to finish 4th.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TyrantWD posted:

What if the Bernie or Buster is, say, Palestinian-American, and refuses to support Zionist candidates. Are they worse than a MAGA chud?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

TyrantWD posted:

Halloween Jack posted:

It's been funny watching the usual suspects go from VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO to VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO IS WHITE SUPREMACY!!! as their favourite candidates wither on the vine and Sanders keeps going strong.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Gripweed posted:

I want to put this post in a speech bubble of some guy standing looking at a Central American baby in an American concentration camp. Or a 15 year old rape victim on her deathbed after she wasn't able to get a life-saving abortion. Alas, I'm not good enough at photoshop. So you'll just have to imagine it.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm really loving sick of people pointing to a car that just crashed into a tree and exploded, exclaiming "This is the only vehicle that can go all the way to the White House, shut up and get in!" Liberal centrism is dying, and good riddance.

If you trust the brain geniuses that gave us Trump in the first place to defeat him, you need to be put in a care facility rather than a voting booth.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

lol all those things you hate so much about Trump are just the things that Obama was doing all along and getting away with because he's a charismatic guy who doesn't say the quiet part loud.

Dude was putting kids in cages and murdering as many people outside the country as possible for 8 years straight, except he was better at actually getting things done so his kill count is much higher.

Voting for Obama the second, regardless of who wants to take on that mantle, is a legit hosed thing to do. Nobody should vote for any candidate other than Sanders.

Exactly.

Apocalypse posted:

Obama only separated children from parents when they were caught illegally coming into the country AND had evidence of committing some other major offense, like drug smuggling. Obviously you can't keep a kid with a parent who is also a drug mule. Trump started separating all children from their parents just to inflict maximum pain on these people. Other than that, Obama also faced a crisis in his second-term when a wave of parent-less children came to the US. Sometimes Republicans like to point to those kids who were also detained and pretend like Obama separated them as well.

Ah, so he means-tested the brutality, which makes it okay! Liberalism at work.

Per chance do you know why there was a huge surge in parent-less immigrants in Obama's second term? Does it happen to involve foreign policy decisions by his Secretary of State?

TyrantWD posted:

RBG and Breyer both should've retired in 2009 when they had the chance, sorry she has to spend the rest of her life being mostly ineffective instead of only mildly.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ginette Reno posted:

Not to mention he's going to get obliterated by Sanders in New Hampshire.

He probably won't finish ahead of Warren there either. Might be lucky to finish 4th.

NH in his last chance for a good finish since there are an outsized number of old white morons there and there is a poll showing him in 2nd. I wouldn't be surprised if he does well Tuesday.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

“Listen when Bloomberg set up the Ring/NSA partnership it was only to help the fight against sugar and weed smugglers, how could we know that President Crenshaw would use it for evil??”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PepsiOverCoke
Dec 2, 2019

by Reene

Pook Good Mook posted:

Someone asked me this yesterday. I'm not super comfortable giving my precinct, but I will say it's a county in eastern Iowa, non-urban, that has Pete narrowly beating Bernie in delegates. Bernie was #1 choice in my county by popular vote. All of the Bernie captains were also super well trained and we were working through things with the precinct leaders to make sure everything was documented. Everyone I talk to in the area says the reported numbers are right on.

Totally fair. I wasn't going to give my precinct either.

Here I have my numbers if folks want to know.

I did have to remove two people from my caucus for showing up late. One old dude wanted to fight me about it.

These numbers are after folks eyeballed the room and moved about BEFORE we aligned the first time. When folks FIRST walked in:

First Walk In, approx Numbers:

Biden,Pete,Sanders,Warren: At least 20+/Obviously Viable
Steyer: 6
Yang: 4
Klobuchar: 8
Uncommited: 3

1st Alignment/2nd Alignment

Klobuchar: 1/0 - Not Viable
Biden: 30/30 - They initially said 32 which put us into a tail spin but I figured out and went to the cards, of which there were 30. Bam
Warren: 25/26
Buttigieg: 31/31
Yang: 2/1 - One went to another camp, the other refused to realign. 1 vote for Yang, not viable
Sanders: 49/51
Uncommited: 1/0 - Not Viable

Delegate Numbers:

Biden :1.7266 - 2
Warren: 1.4964 - 1
Buttigieg: 1.784 - 2
Sanders: 2.9352 - 3