Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Elentor posted:

Hojo gets laid like a lot.

He likes to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That Hojo beach cutscene is going to be glorious in part 2

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I don't know who that is on the left.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Gologle posted:

I don't know who that is on the left.

That's Seto when he was young and hip, duh.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

LadyPictureShow posted:

That's Seto when he was dangerously cheesy, duh.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Kheldarn posted:

I'm gonna put this behind spoiler tags for those who didn't watch the demo footage:
Yeah but FFXV doesn't have a world map. It has a couple of large areas (certainly not spanning the globe like previous games) and nothing to actually join them.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Characters in FFVII who canonically get laid:

Red XIII
President Shinra
Hojo
Lucretia
Dyne
Cloud
Tifa
Elmyra? was that her name?
Professor Gast

Characters who never scored:
Vincent

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I thought nothing could top the writing in Dirge of Cerberus, but now I'm watching someone play Crisis Core...

Also what the hell is this combat system?!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Elentor posted:

Hojo gets laid like a lot.

Don't Cloud and Tifa like. gently caress on a hillside. While the rest of the party watches from the airship?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Yes. That's why they made it on the canonical sex list.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

A Sometimes Food posted:

Don't Cloud and Tifa like. gently caress on a hillside. While the rest of the party watches from the airship?

I think my memory of this gam may be flawed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Schwartzcough posted:

Yes. That's why they made it on the canonical sex list.

I'm sorry, the what list?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

That's Seto before he went stale, duh.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

If you guys could live in any FFVII town which one would it be? Part of me would love to wallow in the sleaze of Wall Market but I think that would get old after a while; I'd spend all my Gil to move to Costa Del Sol and hang out the beach drinking cocktails with hot bikini babes all day - better pack the tanning lotion! :razz:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gold Saucer

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Wizard Master posted:

If you guys could live in any FFVII town which one would it be? Part of me would love to wallow in the sleaze of Wall Market but I think that would get old after a while; I'd spend all my Gil to move to Costa Del Sol and hang out the beach drinking cocktails with hot bikini babes all day - better pack the tanning lotion! :razz:

Cosmo Canyon

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Icicle Inn

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Wutai.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

piL posted:

I think my memory of this gam may be flawed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afuKSfF1rHg

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Rocket Town so I can murder Cid in his sleep for being a piece of poo poo domestic abuser.

That whole thing is gonna suck in part 2.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
They don't have sex you goobers they fall asleep together.

Although by Japanese sexual politics standards that's probably the same thing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I feel like I remember seeing an interview where it was mentioned that scene initially involved them walking out of a chocobo stable the next day and straightening their clothes, but they thought it'd be too silly of a gag so they cut that part.

That said, I choose to believe that the intent of "they smashed" is still there. :colbert:

Found it:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TommyGun85 posted:

Cosmo Canyon

In my head canon the cosmo canyon BG track is always playing on the radio.

I'm pretty sure everyone in that city is high all the time.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I feel like I remember seeing an interview where it was mentioned that scene initially involved them walking out of a chocobo stable the next day and straightening their clothes, but they thought it'd be too silly of a gag so they cut that part.

That said, I choose to believe that the intent of "they smashed" is still there. :colbert:

I mean, even if you look at the scene the way it is, Tifa's reaction when she finds out that the party was on the airship and may have saw the the two of them is really overly dramatic if all they did was lean against each other on a rock and sleep. The party wouldn't have heard the conversation between the two, so it's not like she'd be embarrassed by that (I don't recall them hearing it anyway... unless I'm forgetting about a line where it's mentioned the PHS was on or something).

Plus, you know, the whole "words aren't the only way to express feelings" stuff. They totally smashed.

Onmi posted:

Keep in mind that even in the original game, Jessie is shocked at the exact level of destruction the bomb wrought. It was never the intention to do that much damage, but Barret as he does in VII-RE, says that nothing ever happened without people dying. I agree that it's kinda annoying that Shinra are the ones who blow it up instead, but at the same point, it doesn't change that if it'd been Barret's fault, he would have been fine with it.

I get that that is the "excuse" that Square is seizing on for this rewrite, but I don't really buy that as meaning "AVALANCHE never intended to completely destroy the reactor." I see that more of a comment on the fact that Jessie is young and likely inexperienced with this whole "bombing a power plant" business, so what she thought it would be and what actually happened are completely different.

Besides, I think she mentions after the news report in the hideout that she intends to make the next one bigger and better. If their only intention was to sneak in and break a few pipes, then that really saps their group of the determination and loyalty to the planet saving cause that they supposedly have.

Either way, this additional detail gives Barrett another "out". I know Shinra's involvement will probably be a secret from the cast, but if it came to light then Barret can just point and go "See? Shinra is why those people died. Another reason to hate them more." I really don't like it. I totally get the point of the rewrite, don't get me wrong. I understand wanting to take anti-heroes and slide them further up the heroic scale to earn more favour from the player. I just think that it severely undercuts several major scenes in the game (forget Reeve. The Dyne scene is going to lose some impact as well, what with Barret's whole "I'm not fit to hold Marlene" thing).

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 5, 2020

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Release the @$$# demo!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Psycho Knight posted:

I mean, even if you look at the scene the way it is, Tifa's reaction when she finds out that the party was on the airship and may have saw the the two of them is really overly dramatic if all they did was lean against each other on a rock and sleep. The party wouldn't have heard the conversation between the two, so it's not like she'd be embarrassed by that (I don't recall them hearing it anyway... unless I'm forgetting about a line where it's mentioned the PHS was on or something).

Plus, you know, the whole "words aren't the only way to express feelings" stuff. They totally smashed.

If you watch the video linked above, it shows that if Tifa's Affection is under 50, the scene plays out differently. Once on the Highwind, she says, "......Were you listening?" instead of, "......Were you watching?". They never specifically mention the PHS, or how they heard, though.

precision posted:

Release the @$$# demo!

Every day they don't release the demo, they piss off more fans. At this rate, I wonder if they'll have to hit Blizzard levels of angry fans before they release it...

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Kheldarn posted:

If you watch the video linked above, it shows that if Tifa's Affection is under 50, the scene plays out differently. Once on the Highwind, she says, "......Were you listening?" instead of, "......Were you watching?". They never specifically mention the PHS, or how they heard, though.

Yeah, I know there's some ambiguity from the affection mechanic. If you go by the affection mechanic then the entire "Under the Highwind" scene is shorter and not as emotional.

I'm mostly basing the "canon-ness" of that Highwind scene off the interviews, like the one that Blueberry Pancakes just posted. I'm not sure when the affection mechanic was added in or when they decided to change the Highwind scene based off of its values, but they clearly had an intention of Cloud and Tifa being much more intimate than the "Under 50 Points" version, even if you want to keep the interpretation to being only an emotional one rather than also physical.

Plus, like you said, how the hell would the rest of the party hear the conversation portion? The PHS would really be the only way. Unless the Highwind also has some kind of directional microphone installed on it that's never been mentioned.

Honestly, I wish they had kept the "Chocobo Stable Scene." Not just because I vastly prefer Tifa over Aeris. It would have made the scene a lot better if the party was like "Uhh, yeah, we might have overheard your conversation. Then we may have overheard... what followed. But we didn't want to interrupt so we just went to the bridge." Also because it would have meant that Cloud and Tifa nailed each other while the Gold Chocobo was off to the side nodding in approval.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 5, 2020

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Psycho Knight posted:

Plus, like you said, how the hell would the rest of the party hear the conversation portion? The PHS would really be the only way. Unless the Highwind also has some kind of directional microphone installed on it that's never been mentioned.

Cait Sith is a spy. He's obviously placed bugs on everyone.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

One of those times where I would like to flick my finger really hard against Square employees' heads.

One by one.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
There's also this anime trope where people have conversations from like a half mile apart. Whatever the current narrative needs.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Every day they don't release the demo, they piss off more fans. At this rate, I wonder if they'll have to hit Blizzard levels of angry fans before they release it...

lmao they could choose to never even release the demo and it wouldn't make a dent in sales.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

LadyPictureShow posted:

The rest of the party staring wide eyed while coital screams come out of a robot moogle/cat. This game defined a generation.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Wizard Master posted:

If you guys could live in any FFVII town which one would it be?

Kalm.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

That's all well and good until Deepground attacks. :colbert:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Bean posted:

The rest of the party staring wide eyed while coital screams come out of a robot moogle/cat. This game defined a generation.

LOL

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Wizard Master posted:

If you guys could live in any FFVII town which one would it be?
Wutai

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I dunno I haven't played FFVII yet

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LadyPictureShow posted:

They're not bugs, they're evil traps. Please reset the game if you fall for one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

That shithole underneath the parade place on disc one. It's what I deserve.