Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
My guess is the next result puts bernie just barely below pete on delegates, maybe 4 delegates below

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I know Biden’s camp is mad as poo poo how the results are getting released to game out media attention for Buttigieg even though Joe is a clear loser, but how are the Warren people doing?

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I know Biden’s camp is mad as poo poo how the results are getting released to game out media attention for Buttigieg even though Joe is a clear loser, but how are the Warren people doing?

the narrative everywhere is butt vs bernie which is good, warren ceased to exist

Yudo
May 15, 2003

is this a loving joke? how hard is it to count?

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
it's a conspiracy op

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Biden went below viability haha haha.

Once the Bernie numbers come in it is game over.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Yudo posted:

They couldn't outright rig it on Monday night because Bernie had reciepts so instead they are doing it by refusing to release the results.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

congratulations to the san francisco 49ers for their superbowl victory! a hard-fought three quarters indeed!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I'm still in awe that the Democratic presidential election cycle isn't even a week old and yet we've had:

A scandalously spiked poll
A total failure of a state's results gathering system
What should be a major fraud scandal surrounding the implementation of that system
Incomplete results touted as de facto final results by the media
A self-declared winner who isn't
Total acquiescence by the mainstream media

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so close! and here's the cigar!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Presenting Nipples posted:

Biden went below viability haha haha.

Explain? Like, what's the threshold, viability based on what (SDEs, pop vote, etc.) I just want details for when I spread this juicy gossip but, as designed, the entire process is a fuckin mystery.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Now that we have had time to process all this and we all kind of get that it has been a botched ratfucking with an extended cover-up period, how will it shake out moving forward?

Internally every campaign outside of Buttigieg has got to be pissed as poo poo

How will this manifest itself?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ash1138 posted:

congratulations to the san francisco 49ers for their superbowl victory! a hard-fought three quarters indeed!

an impressive 20 - 0 shutout performance, we're still waiting on the release of several minutes' worth of footage concentrated around the end of Chiefs drives but there's no reason to suspect that they will change the results

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yudo posted:

This is entirely on purpose.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Comrayn posted:

every person I have talked to who is not extremely online has said “who the hell is that?” when Mayo Pete’s name came up.

Petementum.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Lemming posted:

https://twitter.com/bagniewski/status/1224884476213387265?s=19

They've literally had them all counted since yesterday at 2:30 CST

FINISH WHERE WE STARTED

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Over Easy posted:

Now that we have had time to process all this and we all kind of get that it has been a botched ratfucking with an extended cover-up period, how will it shake out moving forward?

Bernie makes it to the convention with 49.8% and they award Bloomberg the rest and throw the superdelegates at him after changing the rules back

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
There is not a single location in Iowa that cannot have been reached from any other location in Iowa on a Segway between the end of the caucus and now. The idea that there's anything actually delaying the extremely simple tabulation of a relatively small amount of simple numbers is patently absurd.

gently caress I'm so mad

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

Explain? Like, what's the threshold, viability based on what (SDEs, pop vote, etc.) I just want details for when I spread this juicy gossip but, as designed, the entire process is a fuckin mystery.

SDEs.

The way this works is that the caucuses that happened on Monday award state delegates, who then go to caucus for you at a state convention. Those state delegates are bound and can't realign, so if you have under 15% of the state delegates (that's the "SDE" number), you're not viable at the state convention and get no national delegates.

Someone correct me if I'm missing a step.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1225142133600014338

:eyepop:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Nothus posted:

I'm still in awe that the Democratic presidential election cycle isn't even a week old and yet we've had:

What should be a major fraud scandal surrounding the implementation of that system

2016 prepared me for this and more to come!

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I would like to read you the results of the iowa uh thing but a dog ran off with the results

currently we are chasing said dog but are having problems where every time we get near it, the dog runs off

we are unable to give you the results at this time until we find someone who is good with dogs

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Bad Munki posted:

According to RCP his projected delegates is zero now as his numbers tanked. Who knows what it will actually look like but previously he was at like 4.

Basically you need 15% of votes to get delegates and it is looking like Biden is going to get below that threshold although I don’t fully understand how regions play into this. Iowa is confusing as gently caress.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Over Easy posted:

It isn't just that. The "base" is furious. Even nice olds are more perplexed than usual; a grandma today described it as a "cluster gently caress".

What has happened has poisoned the primary in a way that none of the bullshit in 2016 ever did. They are going to have to explain something.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ALFbrot posted:

There is not a single location in Iowa that cannot have been reached from any other location in Iowa on a Segway between the end of the caucus and now. The idea that there's anything actually delaying the extremely simple tabulation of a relatively small amount of simple numbers is patently absurd.

gently caress I'm so mad
It's like 1700 pages of minimal data entry. A team of 4 would have finished yesterday afternoon.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm unclear on how the Iowa Caucus directly benefits the Clintons?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Third World Reagan posted:

I would like to read you the results of the iowa uh thing but a dog ran off with the results

currently we are chasing said dog but are having problems where every time we get near it, the dog runs off

we are unable to give you the results at this time until we find someone who is good with dogs

By God that's Mike Huckabee's music

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
a delay this long means there is no next play for the DNC, imo

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
:siren:AN EXPLANATION
https://twitter.com/merica/status/1225149895218278401?s=19

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Nothus posted:

Lol not even a week? It hasn't even been 48 loving hours

Congratulations to President Trump on his second term

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Grey Fox posted:

I'm unclear on how the Iowa Caucus directly benefits the Clintons?

obviously Hillary will be the nominee at a contested convention

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Who gives a gently caress about the app inputs holy poo poo

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Dolphin posted:

Bernie makes it to the convention with 49.8% and they award Bloomberg the rest and throw the superdelegates at him after changing the rules back

"The DNC rules committee has determined that from the second ballot onward, pledged delegate votes will be awarded according to the vote of the automatic delegates, so long as the receiving candidate did not have a first-round plurality."

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Just a note, the 1988 iowa results are still not finished.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

It’s pretty obvious they are hand checking all the Polk county to remove Bernie votes for ‘infractures’ but we’ll only hear about next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

WHY DO YOU NEED TO MATCH JUST SCRAP THE APP INPUTS JESUS gently caress TROY PRICE STRAIGHT TO HELL