Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

pretty lol that the first election in which the boomers were underwater , gets merked by boomer DNC bosses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Where's the Yang campaign when you need it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

spaceblancmange posted:

lol is this farce still going?

The United States I mean.

Don't worry, the last few idiots who have hope in it getting better in their lifetimes only have nine more months to have it

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

only one precinct from Polk was added

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

PenguinKnight posted:

I’m loling if the new count is seriously only up 4%

https://twitter.com/newtmrw/status/1225139215249231872?s=21

lmao wait, sanders has 4% more votes, 4,000 people, and is simultaneously behind on State Delegate Whatevers? ahahahahahahha :unsmigghh:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asema posted:

using technology that is well tested and thoroughly proven to be reliable should be a good thing!

it's just this was developed for like 40k with no stress testing by what seems to be first time devs lmao and at that point the actual paper should count over it.
there's like 1700 users at the very maximum running minimal calculations on the server, probably more like single digit users at a time. security should be important but they had no excuse for it to crash other than complete incompetence

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

World War Mammories posted:

lmao wait, sanders has 4% more votes, 4,000 people, and is simultaneously behind on State Delegate Whatevers? ahahahahahahha :unsmigghh:

Normal Democracy

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

that’s the first vote, not the realignment dealy

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Modest Mao posted:

Romney is voting to convict trump and I'm hearing the curb your enthusiasm music over that dinner photo of them together

sorry I posted it here, I can't go get caught up in another thread now

so? he's still going to be a loyal republican foot soldier when it matters

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

American Elections make no sense.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Yo dawg I heard you like electoral colleges

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

pete won more coin tosses

i wish this was a joke

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

this is the second alignment totals

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
yah rank choice helped pete more than bernie

ranked choice is still good tho

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1225159472877797376

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Dolphin posted:

there's like 1700 users at the very maximum running minimal calculations on the server, probably more like single digit users at a time. security should be important but they had no excuse for it to crash other than complete incompetence

if they're using some kind of http stack it's pretty easy to configure it so it runs out of memory after just a handful of requests. which is why you do load tests and stuff. web and sql server defaults are usually set to use insane amounts of resources

but yeah if done properly you could run the server for this off a 90s home computer

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PenguinKnight posted:

I’m loling if the new count is seriously only up 4%

https://twitter.com/newtmrw/status/1225139215249231872?s=21

Holy poo poo did that 4% of precincts add literally 2 percentage points to Bernie's lead? That's enormous

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Modest Mao posted:

yah rank choice helped pete more than bernie

ranked choice is still good tho

Is this because Warren choices didn't move?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Harrow posted:

pete won more coin tosses

i wish this was a joke

feel bad for that gormless high school kid doing the chumpy coin toss because he’s basically guaranteed to be the left’s version of the Pajama Boy meme for years

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

tinstaach posted:

lol oh my god, I bet a bunch of those unreported precincts are places like that mosque that went like 95% Bernie, and idiot DNC people are running around screaming THAT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE RIGHT and quintuple checking the results over days and days

they're looking for ways to disqualify newly registered non-white voters.

the dems have turned me into a person who says that poo poo without bothering to hem and haw about it. 2020, motherfuckers

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Think I loving hate this guy as much as biden

amaru_chulla
Sep 3, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

:laffo:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Holy poo poo did that 4% of precincts add literally 2 percentage points to Bernie's lead? That's enormous

It increased Bernie's popular vote lead and also increased Pete's SDE lead

Yeah

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Jeet has called it, Bernie won. Let us all look forward to New Hampshire. https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1225143556265869313?s=20

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Third World Reagan posted:

I would like to read you the results of the iowa uh thing but a dog ran off with the results

currently we are chasing said dog but are having problems where every time we get near it, the dog runs off

we are unable to give you the results at this time until we find someone who is good with dogs

Pete's got a plan for that

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MoaM posted:

who won?

america

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

Think I loving hate this guy as much as biden

You should hate him more, much more

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

what's most inexcusable about the DNC transparently embargoing the bernie precinct counts and drip-feeding out a few percent at a time out to sandbag his momentum and build a narrative around rat boy is that at no point was the increment at 69% so we could at least do the joke

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Office Pig posted:

You should hate him more, much more

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Majorian posted:

Yeah, the DNC doesn't have any more power over the party than the RNC had over the Republicans in '16.

the RNC doesn't use superdelegates.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

the RNC doesn't use superdelegates.

True. Still, if we do our job right, the superdelegates won't be the ones to decide this.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm still just blown away by this even though it was only a page ago.

https://twitter.com/merica/status/1225149895218278401

Your job is to input the numbers on the paper records in to a spreadsheet. That is it, that is your only job. Maybe make a pivot table if you are feeling fancy.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

weird!

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

caucuses are primaries for people that fall for the "heads i win, tails you lose" gag

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

I will not vote for Pete Buttigieg under any circumstances.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

From the 2nd alignment data, it looks like yanggang... jumped to bootyjudge? lol

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

the popular vote doesn't matter, i insist as my #stillwithher hashtag shrinks and turns into a #maga

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/SchwartzForIowa/status/1225146859288743938

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
remember when Hillary was certain to win until the end of the night when it looked like a tie and it took several days until we had definitive questionable results