Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PepsiOverCoke
Dec 2, 2019

by Reene

Trabisnikof posted:

Wait so which numbers do you think are correct?

I made another error, I should have given Pete 3 more delegates, my bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Iowa Caucuses 2020: Whoever Wins, We Lose

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

PepsiOverCoke posted:

gently caress you.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Good to know that we can't trust any of these numbers at this point. Great showing by the DNC.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Concerned Citizen posted:

so if the sanders campaign doesn't say "hey these final results don't match our own internal results," we should still ignore it?

They don't have full internal results on every precinct, do they?

i mean I figure with the increasingly hilarious level of outside scrutiny this is demanding the results will eventually be accurate but lol it might literally take until after NH

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
He made an actual funny joke Jesus he literally crossed out the values and replaced them

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Good thing they're taking it nice and slow on releasing results now, with the DNC involved to help make sure there are no glaringly embarrassing errors that would cast further doubt on the integrity of this process.

I know I'm just echoing the sentiment of others at this point, but for gently caress's sake.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Office Pig posted:

gently caress you.

You should log off for a while

Kaboobi posted:

Good to know that we can't trust any of these numbers at this point. Great showing by the DNC.

Not even if the campaign reps corroborate them?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
They've now fixed the delegate numbers.

But not the popular vote numbers

AHHHHHH

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Solkanar512 posted:

Wrong? The only stand I made was that we can't be certain of anything until more evidence comes out and that assuming without evidence that it's just a massive conspiracy is the wrong way to go. There's nothing wrong with saying, "I think there's something hosed up here", but without evidence screaming, "I know it's a conspiracy and gently caress anyone else who disagrees" is the wrong way to go. Now clear evidence has appeared to put more conventional explanations in serous doubt it's more reasonable to make such claims.

You don't seem to give a poo poo about the consequences of conspiratorial thinking, and I really wish you and others here would.

The funny thing is that when people like you start yelling at people like me about "conspiratorial thinking" it always seems to turn out that I'm absolutely on the money and you're wrong.

Solkanar512 posted:

Folks presented a ton of evidence that until now could be explained by years of watching elections - rural areas come in first, caucuses are messy as gently caress, and early precinct captains reported that their totals were correct. That ratface had contracts with the app maker is legitimately concerning, I agree. You're absolutely right to point that out, and I hope you don't let anyone forget it. It's a massive conflict of interest.

But you have to leave some room for folks to see some direct evidence rather than just demanding that we all believe the conspiracy. If you're right, time and evidence will tell.

Maybe you should just listen to people who clearly have a better track record when it comes to understanding politics than you do?

DreamingofRoses posted:

Sure hope I don’t get a stomping.

DreamingofRoses posted:

Quoted, un commented upon, by cerebralbore
Edit: I can’t remember usernames

Dude, taking things overly literally is literal playground stuff loving lmao. It really shouldn't be this hard to admit that you were wrong.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lemming posted:

He made an actual funny joke Jesus he literally crossed out the values and replaced them

Yeah it's all chuckles right now. Laughter and guffaw all around.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Cerebral Bore posted:

And oh yeah, anybody who still is arguing that this is just mere incompetence is an idiot rube of the highest order who also shouldn't be trusted to handle their own finances.
yeah im sure all the people who think bernie losing is a death sentence for humanity and that pete is a CIA agent are also people who have their personal finances squared away

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

GreyjoyBastard posted:

They don't have full internal results on every precinct, do they?

i mean I figure with the increasingly hilarious level of outside scrutiny this is demanding the results will eventually be accurate but lol it might literally take until after NH

Most, probably not all.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lemming posted:

Yeah it was a good joke and people are losing their grip on precious irony

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
The fact that things are screwed up to the point that no one will take them seriously is fine.

It means the first real results of the primary season will be NH - a normal primary where Bernie can post a double digit win.

PepsiOverCoke
Dec 2, 2019

by Reene

Office Pig posted:

Yeah it's all chuckles right now. Laughter and guffaw all around.

I laughed.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

PepsiOverCoke posted:

What error and how?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

AHHHHHH

lmao I would quit my job out of sheer shame if I was this incompetent

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

TyrantWD posted:

The fact that things are screwed up to the point that no one will take them seriously is fine.

It means the first real results of the primary season will be NH - a normal primary where Bernie can post a double digit win the vote goes in to a black box and later on the NH Democratic Party announces a winner.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Trabisnikof, you asked me during the discussion the other day what my threshold was for where it stopped being a “conspiracy theory” and started being a reasonable conclusion. It's this. Very much this.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

cargo cult posted:

yeah im sure all the people who think bernie losing is a death sentence for humanity and that pete is a CIA agent are also people who have their personal finances squared away

Given that they're right about the two first ones then I see no reason to doubt the last.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Cerebral Bore posted:

The funny thing is that when people like you start yelling at people like me about "conspiratorial thinking" it always seems to turn out that I'm absolutely on the money and you're wrong.

Maybe you should just listen to people who clearly have a better track record when it comes to understanding politics than you do?

Dude, taking things overly literally is literal playground stuff loving lmao. It really shouldn't be this hard to admit that you were wrong.

I find it concerning that you’re willing to ignore the idea of stomping people who disagree with you about motive just because the person saying it is on your ‘side’.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Pook Good Mook posted:

AHHHHHH

They will fix it in the next Expansion probably; just wait 3 months

:lol: this is pathetic

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 5, 2020

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

DreamingofRoses posted:

Sure hope I don’t get a stomping.

Lmfao pathetic

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

hand off all the hardcopies to an independent accounting firm. the IDP can't be trusted to count votes anymore and should probably be dissolved and refounded.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

DreamingofRoses posted:

I find it concerning that you’re willing to ignore the idea of stomping people who disagree with you about motive just because the person saying it is on your ‘side’.

Evo Morales will probably never be able to return to Bolivia.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Solkanar512 posted:

Wrong? The only stand I made was that we can't be certain of anything until more evidence comes out and that assuming without evidence that it's just a massive conspiracy is the wrong way to go. There's nothing wrong with saying, "I think there's something hosed up here", but without evidence screaming, "I know it's a conspiracy and gently caress anyone else who disagrees" is the wrong way to go. Now clear evidence has appeared to put more conventional explanations in serous doubt it's more reasonable to make such claims.

You don't seem to give a poo poo about the consequences of conspiratorial thinking, and I really wish you and others here would.

Folks presented a ton of evidence that until now could be explained by years of watching elections - rural areas come in first, caucuses are messy as gently caress, and early precinct captains reported that their totals were correct. That ratface had contracts with the app maker is legitimately concerning, I agree. You're absolutely right to point that out, and I hope you don't let anyone forget it. It's a massive conflict of interest.

But you have to leave some room for folks to see some direct evidence rather than just demanding that we all believe the conspiracy. If you're right, time and evidence will tell.

consider, briefly, the consequences of your empty-headed credulity.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I feel like this just makes whether it is intentional or not pointless. It really isn't much better if the DNC is this much of a colossal gently caress up compared to intentionally spiking results. Either way this whole rotten org needs to be reshaped.

edit: the dnc is running things now right? We can't even just say the poor little Iowa dem party is overwhelmed by unexpectedly being the first stop in the primary

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

DreamingofRoses posted:

Quoted, un commented upon, by cerebralbore
Edit: I can’t remember usernames

Good point, now ban this filth.

Fake edit: To make it clear, I definitely mean DreamingofRoses.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DreamingofRoses posted:

You do realize that this kinda obvious attempt to dodge the actual discussion isn't going to convince anybody, do you not? It still shouldn't be this hard to admit that you were wrong.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The only justification you could have for not seeing that this thing is completely loving transparently election fraud is if you're in denial about it and don't want to accept we live in a fake Democracy

Which I can empathize with, it's loving scary, but it's also real

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Cup Runneth Over posted:

hand off all the hardcopies to an independent accounting firm. the IDP can't be trusted to count votes anymore and should probably be dissolved and refounded.

Give them a few days, they need to buy the accounting firm first.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Trabisnikof posted:

What error and how?

He's making a joke about the patrick/steyer votes being added by editing the vote totals he posted earlier in the thread. It was an okay joke but for such a serious subject it's to be expected it wouldn't land for a lot of people. Like I got it and it was just okay.

On another topic, I like how some people automatically treat anything requiring a nonzero amount of coordination or planning as conspiracies or conspiratorial thinking, and treat it as though it's ridiculous on its face that a group of people with shared goals and interests could ever orchestrate anything or capitalize on chaos to take actions favorable to those goals and interests.

Like, conspiracies exist y'all. They happen. If anything, automatically disregarding even the mere possibility of any kind of coordinated action is sheer idiotic lunacy.

e: basically this, too

Lemming posted:

The only justification you could have for not seeing that this thing is completely loving transparently election fraud is if you're in denial about it and don't want to accept we live in a fake Democracy

Which I can empathize with, it's loving scary, but it's also real

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Cerebral Bore posted:

You do realize that this kinda obvious attempt to dodge the actual discussion isn't going to convince anybody, do you not? It still shouldn't be this hard to admit that you were wrong.

There is no actual discussion until the IDP finishes counting, unless you think Bernies campaign is too decorous to call a fink a fink when they compare results.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

Trabisnikof, you asked me during the discussion the other day what my threshold was for where it stopped being a “conspiracy theory” and started being a reasonable conclusion. It's this. Very much this.

I appreciate you circling back on this, because to some extent if they don’t actually change the Pledged Delegate counts this will be such an eye awaking moment and re-confirming one. Incompetence or purpose doesn’t matter when the results always benefit the same people. So it’s going to be a fight but people see it and Bernie is still winning.

Blatant and incompetent is a powerful combo.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

with this fuckin horse poo poo happening on the same goddamn day as trump getting acquitted there is no loving way this godawful party of imbeciles wins in november. what a total loving joke.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Motherboard got the app

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z3b3g9/here-is-a-link-to-the-shadow-inc-app-that-blew-up-the-iowa-caucus

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

in iowa, no one can hear you vote

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

cargo cult posted:

Ok fine maybe some feral human tribes might survive in the most hospitable regions left. And Buttigieg totally was a CIA agent (see the Somaliland poo poo), even if he might not be formally employed anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1225180108253691906

huh.

weird.