Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Alex loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Game's dead l0l

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
It'll be alright :unsmith:

http://globalregimes.com/

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
What happened?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Neopie posted:

What happened?

The admin banned all the leadership of our biggest allies and financiers and deleted their massive feeder alliance based on a tortured interpretation of his rules after telling them months ago they weren’t breaking that rule.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
It was fun, kill this game

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm glad I hosed off from this game earlier, holy hell, what a dumb rear end in a top hat the admin is.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

lmao Alex deleted Guinea Pigs and headshot NPO since chudblock couldn't do it themselves?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

HelloSailorSign posted:

lmao Alex deleted Guinea Pigs and headshot NPO since chudblock couldn't do it themselves?

He chose the whales over the rest of the playerbase. And it just so happens that the whales also contain the pedophiles, nazis, and white supremacists.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

HelloSailorSign posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
i fixed it

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

go nuts

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

We’re going into perma war insurgent mode to just be as much of a PITA to everyone who wasn’t OD until we decide it’s not funny anymore.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Give me the deets. What happened?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Vic posted:

Give me the deets. What happened?

Further up the page, mang.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Had a good run but decided that I'd had enough fun for now, will wait to ruin the next browser-based game =.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
maybe the real stupid doofus idiot jerk coding the game was the pubbie tears we made along the way

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
don't cry because it's over

lol because wtf

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm still a little sad we never got to finish the Madhattan Project :smith: god drat what a ride though, glad I got to get in on the ground floor for it

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This is far from over, we still have a lot of fash to kill.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
No really what happened?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
For everyone that hasn't been on the Discord during the past hour - I'm not even REMOTELY qualified to go into all the details, but long story short:

After climbing out of the pits of despair, Shenanigans are afoot.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Vic posted:

No really what happened?

The dev made a fake discord account to get into the GPWC private discord and alleges that the people in the discord has links (maybe early?) to like... mangareader.com-type scanlations and poo poo. And you cant join the private share channel unless you’re not inactive in the alliance.

Because “I’ll let you see my scanlations if you play this game with me” is considered RMT, it’s a bannable offense, especially because lots of people in the private discord just log in every once in a while to not go inactive (so they can generate taxes for the alliance).

As a result, all the gov of NPO is banned, 95b got deleted from their bank, and GPWC is being forcibly disbanded.

A strict reading of the rules indicates “I’ll give you a steam key if you baseball good” or “I’ll buy Jackbox for us to play together if you fight good” would also be considered serious RMT offenses of the same nature.

Also, I think someone explicitly asked Alex “what if we do it in the exact specific way that GPWC does it” and he said “I wouldnt like that but it’d be a game mechanics flaw and now a moderation issue.”

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Golly Gee, what is Alex's motivation for this?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Holy gently caress lmao Alex pulled a Party Plane Jones in order to stop people from making nazis sad

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Aw man I wish I could play <game> with you guys"
"I have a spare key, you can have it if you want"

*nearby, Secret Agent Alex pulls off his groucho marx glasses and starts shooting wildly into the crowd. another successful operation*

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Goons is rebranding into a neutral alliance devoted to friendship and neutrality.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If you aren't on the Discord. Get in.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

dongs

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
dongs

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Was fun, wish this poo poo game was just all about baseball. See ya next time

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It got really boring logging every day just to see that every single enemy nation had turned into a wreck, I guess this is as good as a time to call it quits as any. Had fun, hope the rest of you enjoy the last days of raiding poo poo.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Well I certainly joined at the right time.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Well I certainly joined at the right time.

Look at it this way. It can only go up!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Welp, game's over.

Call me when y'all find the next nationsim to break.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I guess it’s fun watching the pubs agonize over how their great victory is tainted due to Alex and a while chuck of the community leaving as a result.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

Yeah the silver lining is even our enemies are pissed and disheartened because they didn't want it to end this way. Hard to gloat over a victory that was literally handed to you by the admin, so they all just kinda stopped fighting and want to try to do a full reset of the world now basically

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I just applied to play this spreadsheet game with goons without reading the whole thread which is probably the worst idea but I am not a smart man and I'm bored at work.

Edit: ....gently caress. I knew I should have read the whole thing. Did you guys kill this loving game before I even started?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Gawain The Blind posted:

I just applied to play this spreadsheet game with goons without reading the whole thread which is probably the worst idea but I am not a smart man and I'm bored at work.

Edit: ....gently caress. I knew I should have read the whole thing. Did you guys kill this loving game before I even started?

I'd say that that's all going to change now but...