Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
how many people in your life do you think would cut ties with you entirely if they knew that you posted here and this is what you're secretly like

to be fair i can't imagine that you're not this smug and selfish in your normal day to day but i have to hope that you're worse here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Tacks did you forget this was a message board on the internet. Just a helpful reminder.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Thumbtacks posted:

remember when you posted a link to a twitter gif of cbt and then got upset when no one noticed or got upset about it

or remember when you got probed like fifteen times for being weird and creepy to tasha and other female posters

or when you wrote anne frank fanfiction (:wtc:) for some reason

Ah yes, good times, good times.

I like how you can tell the gender of each poster too, u r so talented.

April
Jul 3, 2006

Thumbtacks posted:

how many people in your life do you think would cut ties with you entirely if they knew that you posted here and this is what you're secretly like

to be fair i can't imagine that you're not this smug and selfish in your normal day to day but i have to hope that you're worse here

He doesn't have people in his life, that's why he spends all his time here. He has a girlfriend who's apparently just as stupid as he is, and he has coworkers, and that's about it.

So the question becomes, is he isolated because he's an rear end in a top hat, or an rear end in a top hat because he's isolated?

Either way, he's an rear end in a top hat.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Now that I think about it he’s never once mentioned spending money out with friends or going to visit friends or anything like that at all, you’re right

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

zaurg posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3827922&pagenumber=559&perpage=40#post496209662

Yeah.... the self proclaimed gross creepy piece of poo poo, that literally posted pedophile holocaust fan fic in the last thread.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Don't kink shame

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

zaurg posted:

it's easy i just need to find out if you've been creepy towards them or not and then i know

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Have I been creepy to you, Tacks?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
how's it going, Z-man? i've been busy but i'm glad to see the thread is open again

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
He's very close to posting a budg-hahaha can't even type it

Is the dumbass day drinking again? Usually he only posts at night when hes drinking alone

Cyber Sandwich
Nov 16, 2011

Now, Digital!

Admiralty Flag posted:

When uragz's BWM gf puts her foot down and says, "I'm not signing a prenup; it means you don't trust or love me," what do you think he'll do.

JFC he's the only person on this dead gay comedy forum more in need of a spine than Lowtax

Stop using your oracle abilities. Your fortune telling is too powerful.

Melinda Gates agreed to a prenup after all the money btw. If she loves you, Zaurg, she'll sign it.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Spokes posted:

how's it going, Z-man? i've been busy but i'm glad to see the thread is open again

Hey Spokes! It's going pretty well. Did you hear I contributed the max to my 401k and Roth IRA last year? And plan to do the same this year. Feels good to finally get that headed in the right direction. I miss some things about the house but condo living is going ok.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

zaurg posted:

Hey Spokes! It's going pretty well. Did you hear I contributed the max to my 401k and Roth IRA last year? And plan to do the same this year. Feels good to finally get that headed in the right direction. I miss some things about the house but condo living is going ok.

You'd be going even more ok if you shut the gently caress up, zaurg

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JosephWongKS posted:

You'd be going even more ok if you shut the gently caress up, zaurg

I appreciate your posts in this thread.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

zaurg posted:

Feels good to finally get that headed in the right direction

i wonder how many times you've said that in the last ten years

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thumbtacks posted:

fewer or more than his reregs due to these threads?

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Thumbtacks posted:

I've said it a few times since October 2017, all true. Doubt I ever said it before then.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Yessssssssss finally Ally has implemented the buckets
Time to get SAVING!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

zaurg posted:

I've said it a few times since October 2017, all true. Doubt I ever said it before then.

just so we're clear, you think that you've been "finally headed in the right direction" since october 2017?

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Thumbtacks posted:

just so we're clear, you think that you've been "finally headed in the right direction" since october 2017?

Yes sir/ma'am

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

zaurg posted:

Yessssssssss finally Ally has implemented the buckets
Time to get SAVING!

Surely this'll be the feature that finally gets him to understand.

https://youtu.be/fJIjoE27F-Q

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

TraderStav posted:

Surely this'll be the feature that finally gets him to understand.

https://youtu.be/fJIjoE27F-Q

It will! loving guaranteed! I bet guaranteed would agree.

Seriously this is awesome. I wish my local credit union would implement this. I'm just going to move all my savings to Ally and keep a minimum like maybe 5k in checking account.

Hey if I really needed 10k or something for a true EMERGENCY, how quickly could I get that money from Ally? Do any of you use an online bank like that? What's your action plan in that scenario?

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Do any of you chat on discord? Imagine if I could post and shitpost faster than here... in a chatroom! You'd all love it.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

hey zug,

eat poo poo moron

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Goddamnit. Be NICE, Crotch! Why can't some of you just be nice and pretend I'm some newbie on BFC just asking for honest help. I really am.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

zaurg posted:

Hey if I really needed 10k or something for a true EMERGENCY, how quickly could I get that money from Ally? Do any of you use an online bank like that? What's your action plan in that scenario?

Transfer from Ally last time I did one was about two business days.

Also, taze your balls.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

zaurg posted:

Do any of you chat on discord? Imagine if I could post and shitpost faster than here... in a chatroom! You'd all love it.

Yes, but you're not invited. It's where we REALLY make fun of you.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

TraderStav posted:

Well I'm in there but I don't see a BFC chat. I do see "Cryptocurrency" room so I'll poke around in there.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

TraderStav posted:

Oh my god can you imagine if someone invited him and he saw the last 2 years of poo poo thats been posted there? Can new users see everything from the past? It would almost be worth having him there

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TraderStav posted:

Most people on Goon discords just go either "zaurg? who's zaurg?" or "zaurg? is he still around? that was like six years ago".

People don't really know or care about zaurg. Only here, in the piss thread, is zaurg a thing. his entire existence and ego predicated on a bunch of internet forum users laughing at him as he dances, thinking he is entertaining us when really we're just chatting with ourselves because of the bonding experience of dealing with his bullshit.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Tashilicious posted:

Most people on Goon discords just go either "zaurg? who's zaurg?" or "zaurg? is he still around? that was like six years ago".

People don't really know or care about zaurg. Only here, in the piss thread, is zaurg a thing. his entire existence and ego predicated on a bunch of internet forum users laughing at him as he dances, thinking he is entertaining us when really we're just chatting with ourselves because of the bonding experience of dealing with his bullshit.

We are the true Zaurg fans here.

I’m also old, what is a discourd?

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Oh my god can you imagine if someone invited him and he saw the last 2 years of poo poo thats been posted there? Can new users see everything from the past? It would almost be worth having him there

Send me an invite

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

zaurg posted:

Send me an invite

You are invited to shut the gently caress up, zaurg

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ultimate Mango posted:

We are the true Zaurg fans here.

I’m also old, what is a discourd?

It's like IRC had a baby with ventrilo

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
What's next for this thread? I feel like we need a challenge or toxx or something to keep things moving along. Mods?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Post your February budget fuckhead

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
category budgeted
savings 700
mortgage 955
mortgage extra 100
hoa monthly 436
hoa fund 0
electric 80
phone 40
life insurance 24
bank fee 2
grocery/household 400
car gas 75
car maintenance 100
car replacement 200
car insurance 60
home maintenance 100
medical 100
clothing 75
kids 350
gifts 125
running 65
vacation 200
fun 400
haircuts 25
home furniture/upgrades 96
buffer 0
total = 4,708

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

zaurg posted:

It will! loving guaranteed! I bet guaranteed would agree.

Seriously this is awesome. I wish my local credit union would implement this. I'm just going to move all my savings to Ally and keep a minimum like maybe 5k in checking account.

I’m interested to hear what kind of emergency you think will happen where you need liquid access to 10k quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

savesthedayrocks posted:

I’m interested to hear what kind of emergency you think will happen where you need liquid access to 10k quickly.

What are emergency funds for?
An emergency fund is a stash of money set aside to cover the financial surprises life throws your way. These unexpected events can be stressful and costly.

Here are some of the top emergencies people face:

Job loss.
Medical or dental emergency.
Unexpected home repairs.
Car troubles.
Unplanned travel expenses.

https://investor.vanguard.com/emergency-fund/