Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i'm actually glad this happened because it exposes pete and the democratic party for the weasels they are. also its funny as gently caress and bernie's still going to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
My conspiracy theory is everyone is loving this up so they can game predicitit to make a zillion dollars.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

:thunk:

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing
oh poo poo well now i'm really curious that if the NYT model had included satellite caucuses what would Bernie's %chance of victory had been at say 82% of data reported?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Pete's just another millenial looking for a participation trophy.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I almost feel bad for them but

lmao

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ross DaouThot posted:

oh poo poo well now i'm really curious that if the NYT model had included satellite caucuses what would Bernie's %chance of victory had been at say 82% of data reported?

hilary 99% until two minutes remaining

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQY6IYVAfw8

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
This is good for Buttcoin

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Dolphin posted:

this is an amazing strategy to lose the general to be honest

unless and when it's bernie of course in which case he can't lose

Yeah this is more like the way you lose total control of your party by march or april, with the "outsider" who will ruin America tearing down all your ineffectual maneuvering, all while you all run around and scream about a contested convention

2nd cycle in a row now, buckle up

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Oh my god how are these people all the same

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

:berninator:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ross DaouThot posted:

I'm still reading Page 366 of this thread, but let me get this straight...

The New York Time's Prediction Needle Algorithm proved conclusively that Bernie had a 0.5% chance of winning in delegate count if the Iowa Dems didn't cheat and cherry pick data for earlier release that favored Buttigieg? Meaning the NYTimes just mathematically proved that Bernie got ratfucked out of his victory speech for three days?

Nate Cohn admitted from the start that he failed to include the satellite caucuses (which can account for anywhere from 1-3% of the overall vote depending on results). Bernie dominated these thru superior organizing. Result: ???

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The mask is off

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/mgsreference/status/1225313211089592321

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/garbagekate/status/1225301754461347840

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

I do have to hand it to the IDP. When I heard that dumb apple "there's an app for that" campaign. I thought to myself.

How dumb. Surely there can't be an election results reporting app that's made intentionally not to report results.

Ho Ho ho u got me

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
bernie won, can't sleep.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

lmao

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Ross DaouThot posted:

I doubt their model was sophisticated enough to anticipate bernie doing extremely well in the satellites anyway,

The fact that bernie is winning SDE but was losing at 62%, 71%, 75%, 86%, 92%, 96% and 97% shows some kind of strong statistical bias that, even to a normal person, is going to look gamed

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/sarahsquirm/status/1225300318902157312?s=21

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pete thought his ratfuck boy genius grand strategy of dumping his handler money into Iowa and ground gaming the rural areas would win him the narrative even if he didn't win the popular vote, when he completely ignored the satellite caucuses, which is the only area that goes by popular vote affecting precinct value, which bernie excels at. Bernie's ground game is loving legendary. What a great moment to go to bed.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

bend the kneedle

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/NanamisEgg/status/1225254003489091585?s=20

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Modest Mao posted:

I doubt their model was sophisticated enough to anticipate bernie doing extremely well in the satellites anyway,

The fact that bernie is winning SDE but was losing at 62%, 71%, 75%, 86%, 92%, 96% and 97% shows some kind of strong statistical bias that, even to a normal person, is going to look gamed

U say this but ocarina's razor asks which is more believable a world renowned statistician should be able to see the sample is gamed or everyone involved in this business are loving morons.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

bernie rules

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

turns out 3rd was probably charitable

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
BERNIE SANDERS and his amazing, overwhelming muscular strength.

The people's strength.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

lol how optimistic

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
e: forget that

bernie loving sanders

eviltastic has issued a correction as of 08:16 on Feb 6, 2020

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

pigz posted:

U say this but ocarina's razor asks which is more believable a world renowned statistician should be able to see the sample is gamed or everyone involved in this business are loving morons.

you still would wonder why the satellites caucused several hours early and are being reported several days late

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Oh my god how are these people all the same

I def saw a post from my middle school karate instructor with a similar shared post about The Death Eaters and all she added was a #harrypotter hashtag as her contribution.

made me want to knife hand chop a person

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
There's simply no way to hold a serious primary with this scandal hanging over our heads. Pete really should drop out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo