Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Ruggan posted:

motherFUCKER

I live in Madison. My wife works at that hospital. gently caress

My wife works there too. Yeah buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Wisconsin polygamist goons in this thread

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Two of my coworkers were sick today with some coughs and tiredness. Good thing I've started wearing my n95 mask since Monday! Actually I'm not sure I'm even wearing those properly but it's better than nothing right?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Hope you wash your hands often

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Wash it hands with ur tongue, as a precaution. You don't want to risk not giving ur immune system a workout. Need it swole to fight off the fish flu

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
im so paranoid about getting germs on my hands that now just to be safe i exclusively open doors with my mouth

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol I hope this leads to multiple ships being strandedhttps://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1225264659927834625

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol I hope this leads to multiple ships being strandedhttps://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1225264659927834625

plague inc very hard mode

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I like how this virus is shutting down all the worst industries for climate change

Next, BREAKING: All fracking and drilling suspended!!!

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Pandemics are both pro climate and MAGA.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
This ship is going to end up a charnel house

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1225219384869781504

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

nice JAV title

lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Honestly that might be one of the least racist tintins

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Centrist Committee posted:

I like how this virus is shutting down all the worst industries for climate change

Next, BREAKING: All fracking and drilling suspended!!!

i have great news about the demand for oil currently, unironically

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
China's economy imploding due to this is going to be real weird. They are shutting down cities now and this thing isn't close to peaking or being handled. They can't keep a 100 million people quarantined for like 5 months until they can get a vaccine spammed out to everyone.

Well, I mean I suppose they could but..drat.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Torpor posted:

China's economy imploding due to this is going to be real weird. They are shutting down cities now and this thing isn't close to peaking or being handled. They can't keep a 100 million people quarantined for like 5 months until they can get a vaccine spammed out to everyone.

They could always call in their debts. :ohdear:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
they’ll bounce back just fine but yeah I have no idea what their long term plan is here. I really hope it actually isn’t as bad as the data is showing, which afaik no one outside China has died from it yet but that’s a low sample. although I think a lot were hospitalized but that may just be quarantine and observation procedures more so than “help my lungs are liquifying and I have had a 106f fever for 96 hrs straight”

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Xaris posted:

they’ll bounce back just fine but yeah I have no idea what their long term plan is here. I really hope it actually isn’t as bad as the data is showing, which afaik no one outside China has died from it yet but that’s a low sample. although I think a lot were hospitalized but that may just be quarantine and observation procedures more so than “help my lungs are liquifying and I have had a 106f fever for 96 hrs straight”

There have been two deaths outside China, one in the Philippines and one in Hong Kong, which is counted as 'outside China' even though there should be an asterisk involved somewhere.

Not really sure where this place is drawing its information from, but the numbers-by-country chart is useful, at least: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Xaris posted:

What do you think serious/critical condition mean?
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1225182925894967297

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Charlz Guybon posted:

whoops, I meant cases outside China. it wasn’t clear what those conditions have been in

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Torpor posted:

Or maybe they can and working 24/7 to produce more and more useless poo poo while the world burns is a lie our rulers have forced on us, maybe China is showing us the world won't actually end if we take a few weeks off

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

The virus goes after the lungs like SARS did. A LOT of Chinese people (specifically men) smoke, and the air quality in China is generally lovely. No doubt smokers are having a harder time kicking it - whenever someone's compromised, whether it's because of a weakened immune system, lovely hearts, or needing supplemental oxygen because they've got two pieces of wet charcoal instead of nice pink healthy lungs, they're going to be listed as serious or critical depending on the severity and necessity of their care.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 6, 2020

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The virus goes after the lungs like SARS did. A LOT of Chinese people (specifically men) smoke, and the air quality in China is generally lovely. No doubt smokers are having a harder time kicking it - whenever someone's compromised, whether it's because of a weakened immune system, lovely hearts, or needing supplemental oxygen because they've got two pieces of wet charcoal instead of nice pink healthy lungs, they're going to be listed as serious or critical depending on the severity and necessity of their care.

Pretty sure the air quality right now is much better so its self correcting.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Shaocaholica posted:

Pretty sure the air quality right now is much better so its self correcting.

are you saying the bad air quality is just training for the pandemic?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kazak_Hstan posted:

you’re missing out
Having the flu really makes your appreciate ask the times you're not having the flu.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

If anyone's curious, this is pretty good explanation of how airlines handle these types of viruses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldm3n0hEsd4

sorry i dont watch videos with thumbnails that look like that

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

lol

tintin photoshops are an untapped goldmine

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Youtubers needing to photoshop mask onto their wacky clickbait faces only serves to highlight these flu masks are not just running out across Asia

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Wife says CVS near UCLA and rite aid in Beverly hills are all out of masks

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

On the bright side:

China's state media control shows that all that happens in bad times with info control is fake news since everyone is assuming they are getting lied to.

I keep seeing china local posters on twitter posting videos of fires breaking out with no fire department response. Reasons range from protestors, arson, or flammable disinfectants landing in bad places.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
People were panic buying toilet paper because of Wechat/Whatsapp rumours saying production was diverted for masks instead lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/3liza/status/1225338060201590784

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
i just had the best flu of my life

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Soon to be a Chuck Tingle story.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Spergin Morlock posted:

The thumbnail is a bit regrettable and clickbaity but the content is solid, the guy isn't wacky at all

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1225387432675287040?s=20

i thought this was only supposed to kill the olds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Babies have compromised immune systems too