Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I want to hear more about his plan for libertarian weather domes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Casimir Radon posted:

Limbaugh abused so much Oxy that with any hope the painkillers they give him probably won't be nearly as effective.

You know this isn’t true.

People of his… notability can get effective drugs.

It’s the poor black guy with a steering column in his guts that is blacklisted as a “drug seeker”.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

my kinda ape posted:

I'm loving cackling at the reversal of fortune.

Also lol that this justifies everything people were saying about the Dems dragging this out as long as possible to ratfuck Bernie.

Putting aside my belief that this entire mess was the result of incompetence rather than anything else (I saw in an article for instance that some people decided it would be best to mail their results to party headquarters when they couldn't get through on the phones), I think the delay in the results... might actually be good for Bernie? Had reporting happened as expected and the majority of the results were reported by late Monday night/early Tuesday morning, they would have been utterly drowned out by the State of the Union and Impeachment news. Now, barring any unexpected news, the caucus results will be the top story heading into the weekend, with (hopefully) Sanders pulling out what looks like an extremely narrow victory. That's not a bad place to be in.

e: It's also blocked out the negative news for Sanders, that turnout wasn't anywhere near as high as their campaign was hoping to achieve, and may be a worrying sign that their strategy of turning out non-traditional voters may not be as successful as they need it to be (though it has apparently worked out in spades for the satellite caucuses)

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 6, 2020

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Platystemon posted:

You know this isn’t true.

People of his… notability can get effective drugs.

It’s the poor black guy with a steering column in his guts that is blacklisted as a “drug seeker”.
I'm saying he abused them to the point that his tolerances are all hosed up and it won't be effective. He got busted with thousands of pills in several different people's names.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Putting aside my belief that this entire mess was the result of incompetence rather than anything else (I saw in an article for instance that some people decided it would be best to mail their results to party headquarters when they couldn't get through on the phones), I think the delay in the results... might actually be good for Bernie? Had reporting happened as expected and the majority of the results were reported by late Monday night/early Tuesday morning, they would have been utterly drowned out by the State of the Union and Impeachment news. Now, barring any unexpected news, the caucus results will be the top story heading into the weekend, with (hopefully) Sanders pulling out what looks like an extremely narrow victory. That's not a bad place to be in.

to be an obnoxious writer for a second: bernie's entire metanarrative is an underdog story. the majority of his supporters have bought hard into it in a way that tbh isn't too dissimilar from trump, except bernie's an actual underdog figure, at least more than trump was

so this is probably the best result there could've possibly been if bernie does in fact pull out ahead, because the story is everyone assuming bernie hadn't quite made it to the top and then he comes stalking out at the last few moments. especially since then pete has lit himself on loving fire by pulling a Dewey Defeats Truman. opening yourself to mass mockery through a flub like that is critically damaging in politics

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Patware posted:

opening yourself to mass mockery through a flub like that is critically damaging in politics

I, too, believed this once, a long time ago.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Had reporting happened as expected and the majority of the results were reported by late Monday night/early Tuesday morning, they would have been utterly drowned out by the State of the Union and Impeachment news. Now, barring any unexpected news, the caucus results will be the top story heading into the weekend, with (hopefully) Sanders pulling out what looks like an extremely narrow victory. That's not a bad place to be in.

e: It's also blocked out the negative news for Sanders, that turnout wasn't anywhere near as high as their campaign was hoping to achieve, and may be a worrying sign that their strategy of turning out non-traditional voters may not be as successful as they need it to be (though it has apparently worked out in spades for the satellite caucuses)

Sorry, but where have you been for the past 5 years? The media will certainly NOT make Sanders actually winning Iowa become top story, if that turns out to be the case. They WILL absolutely trip over their own dicks to ensure that it's a footnote at best, and instead concentrate on trying to make Butte into a media darling by following him around, and writing endless puff pieces about how this "outsider" candidate took a one in a million shot and is now the favourite to win.

None of these things are true, and it doesn't loving matter.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

holy poo poo the Bernie :tinfoil: crew complaining about poo poo that hasn't even happened yet is annoying as gently caress

if you're so concerned about the vast nefarious dnc media conspiracy to prevent fully automated gay space communism go volunteer and knock on some doors or whatever instead

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Patware posted:

opening yourself to mass mockery through a flub like that is critically damaging in politics

Lmao it wasn't for Trump

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Platystemon posted:

I, too, believed this once, a long time ago.

nah there's a difference between being evil and making yourself look like a huge dork

pete's risking Howard Deaning himself

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

holy poo poo the Bernie :tinfoil: crew complaining about poo poo that hasn't even happened yet is annoying as gently caress

if you're so concerned about the vast nefarious dnc media conspiracy to prevent fully automated gay space communism go volunteer and knock on some doors or whatever instead

I'm doing both so smdftb

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What's with the cat

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is this the ratfucking I keep hearing about

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Smiling Jack posted:

Apparently you have enough foreign interference in your elections for now.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

ded posted:

A tweet for god damned everything he has done.

That's my idea for a big coffee table book. One big glossy page for each example, the two tweets in question separated by a few years and just enough space between to fit a paragraph and a photo about what a loving idiot he was in that moment.

If I just cruise the old current event threads, i'll have enough to go to print. Just need a title... Maybe something Norm McDonald-ish like "For the Birds"

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 6, 2020

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Bloomberg is apparently doubling his spend.

You gotta wonder how much money he's eventually going to burn to get nowhere.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Deptfordx posted:

He can spend billions without taking a real hit to his personal wealth.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Smiling Jack posted:

Strong Daddy Bernie will defeat not so strong Daddy Trump and fix the world. Castigate yourself, unbeliever, and learn to face the light if comradism.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Smiling Jack posted:

:same:

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm doing both so smdftb

Good.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

This is my concern as well, though I'm not ready to lose my shirt over it yet since it's only one state with a lovely caucus system. If Super Tuesday rolls around and turnout is still meh compared to expectations, then I'll start to get concerned.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Deptfordx posted:

Think of it more as an 'investment'.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I, for one, want to thank the IDP for convincing predictit that Pete was a stone cold lock because now I can max donate to our boy Bernoe

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

I, for one, want to thank the IDP for convincing predictit that Pete was a stone cold lock because now I can max donate to our boy Bernoe

:lol: Bravo

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Oh no, Buttigieg’s good results in IA, which won’t hold up down the road, got muddled amd confused and then this awful thing happened to Bernie:

https://twitter.com/heathergautney/status/1225396316144119808?s=21

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

Save 1/3rd for short term gains tax. Or gambling tax, I don't know how those sites work.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

mlmp08 posted:

Oh no, Buttigieg’s good results in IA, which won’t hold up down the road, got muddled amd confused and then this awful thing happened to Bernie:

https://twitter.com/heathergautney/status/1225396316144119808?s=21

Lol yeah I gave him tenbux myself

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1225445836580163584?s=19

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1225429100363382784?s=19

It's very clear that Iowa is an incomprehensible clusterfuck, mostly revealed by the paper requirement forced by Bernie after 2016's stuff. Add in 4chan, incompetent but well-meaning poll workers, and tech bro hilldawg vets, and here we are.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 6, 2020

fruity no gay
May 7, 2018

by Cyrano4747

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Are they aerosolizing bleach? The gently caress?

Usually someone in the replies says mosquitto fogging

https://twitter.com/GustavoBritoBa1/status/1225279332395966464

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm doing both so smdftb

:same: and am going to run to be a delegate for convention

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Bloomburg continues to amuse, even indirectly

https://twitter.com/jtth/status/1225144458779471874

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 6, 2020

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Racist Cheeto is planning to brag to the nation about how great he is.

"President Trump plans to deliver remarks to the nation on Thursday, a day after his acquittal on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress nearly along party lines in a historic Senate trial.

Trump lashed out in an early morning tweet against Sen. Mitt Romney (Utah), the only Republican to vote to convict him on an article of impeachment. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who launched the impeachment proceedings, is also scheduled to appear before reporters on Thursday. Both Trump and Pelosi are also appearing Thursday at the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington.
"

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

He can spend billions without taking a real hit to his personal wealth.

Im sure some how he can pull a trump claim it on his taxes for years to come

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

facialimpediment posted:

It's very clear that Iowa is an incomprehensible clusterfuck, mostly revealed by the paper requirement forced by Bernie after 2016's stuff. Add in 4chan, incompetent but well-meaning poll workers, and tech bro hilldawg vets, and here we are.

There's an entire industry of NGOs and gov't departments who have figured out how to do this cleanly in countries whose GDP is a bowl of dust. Post the numbers for a polling location on a board, text a picture of the board and the numbers to the central counting center and all the political parties or monitors or whatever. No apps needed. But somebody saw a way to cream some $ out of the system. At least it's not blockchain based.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Yet.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/1225468833458245632?s=19

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 6, 2020

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ahahahahaha Piss Baby just threw the entire state of NY out of DHS Global Entry

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/politics/department-homeland-security-new-york-trusted-traveler-programs/index.html

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

shame on an IGA posted:

Ahahahahaha Piss Baby just threw the entire state of NY out of DHS Global Entry

Boy, I'm so glad the Senate voted to toss this petulant manchild out of offi---wait, what do you mean they didn't?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

When even a ICE director thinks youve gone too far...goddamn

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

While this is funny, it is actually starting to piss me off. I specifically took the night off so I could caucus and was there for 3 hours with my wife and son so we could get our vote in. And now this fuckery means that our votes really don't count. Iowa deserves to lose its first in the nation status and the caucuses really have to go now.

I'm going to start doing research on what needs to be done to make us a primary state.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The DNC really does not want bernie to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CBJSprague24 posted:

Boy, I'm so glad the Senate voted to toss this petulant manchild out of offi---wait, what do you mean they didn't?

Well you see some voters in the Southeastern United States choose to believe that Donald Trump is the manifestation of their deity, and elected officials have to submit to their will for unspecified and vague reasons.