Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

corgski posted:

Welp, game's over.

Call me when y'all find the next nationsim to break.

We're still fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/27996-252020-major-announcement-regarding-enforcement-of-game-rules/

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Well I certainly joined at the right time.

holy gently caress yeah me too

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

super sweet best pal posted:

We're still fighting.

Eh. What’s there to fight?

This isn’t funny like when karttoon went gently caress goons this is just pathetic. The admin blatantly to gutted multiple alliances because getting that sweet cash money from nazis was more important to him.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The game plan is changing but there's still potential to mine salt. Goons aren't out of the game. Though the admin's fuckery is a big step back from Goons being part of the controlling hegemony. Goons are as clever and tenacious as they are hugry for pubbie tears. Just keep abreast of news on the Discord.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
never read discord just roll with whatever weird poo poo you see on the alliance page

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Xelkelvos posted:

The game plan is changing but there's still potential to mine salt. Goons aren't out of the game. Though the admin's fuckery is a big step back from Goons being part of the controlling hegemony. Goons are as clever and tenacious as they are hugry for pubbie tears. Just keep abreast of news on the Discord.

[YOU MUST HAVE A PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP TO VIEW THIS CONTENT]

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Just checked the official forums again, god it’s a pubbie filled shitfest and I’m glad to be rid of interacting with them

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

Recoome posted:

Just checked the official forums again, god it’s a pubbie filled shitfest and I’m glad to be rid of interacting with them
Your mistake was to interact with them in the first place.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Wouldn't the sane thing to do be to say it's no longer okay, possibly penalize the alliance bank, maybe ban any offending inactive farm accounts that are no longer okay under the rules clarification?

This very clearly wasn't RMT. It was just "hey, make a nation".

You can't really ban a giant portion of your game that is critical to the game even functioning and expect it to go well...

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Romeo Charlie posted:

Your mistake was to interact with them in the first place.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Recoome posted:

SA: :justpost:

PnW: do not do that

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Do not report Nazis, pedo, etc. Don’t help Alex’s lazy rear end ever. And of course if anyone was, don’t ever buy credits except off the market.

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?

Gawain The Blind posted:

I just applied to play this spreadsheet game with goons without reading the whole thread which is probably the worst idea but I am not a smart man and I'm bored at work.

Edit: ....gently caress. I knew I should have read the whole thing. Did you guys kill this loving game before I even started?

Same

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
Is Alex dodging income taxes by saying it's a "donation" when people use real money to buy credits in-game?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Empty Sandwich posted:

SA: :justpost:

PnW: do not do that

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Literally Esoteric posted:

Is Alex dodging income taxes by saying it's a "donation" when people use real money to buy credits in-game?
Hopefully not because it doesn't actually work that way in the US at least.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 6, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Proposal: Goons play a browser game and fight nazis

Reality: The entire game is upended by a brutally efficient fully automated goon war machine and the game's creator is indicted for tax fraud

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Literally Esoteric posted:

No, he was doing that to end run around google’s store requirements for reporting micro transactions and to avoid fees for using their store.

A brave hero realized this last night and today all this apps have been pulled and he’s apparently crying in dms to all of NPO and goon leadership about it because google is going after him.

:thurman:

I’ve also been banned for leaving a bad review, even though I didn’t lol.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

No, he was doing that to end run around google’s store requirements for reporting micro transactions and to avoid fees for using their store.

A brave hero realized this last night and today all this apps have been pulled and he’s apparently crying in dms to all of NPO and goon leadership about it because google is going after him.

I found the thread too late to join in the fun but it looks like there'll be a second act :munch:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Oh gosh. I'm sure npo/goon leadership is so sympathetic to his plight.

E: I still see the app on the store?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I've never been so invested in the drama of a game I've never played. Thanks for keeping the story alive in this thread. :allears:

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
In much the same way as Bernie won Iowa against establishment meddling, so too do we win our eternal victory over yet another profoundly dumb browser game.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Also, F'n lol that a smoothbrain like Kevin (Cybernations admin) successfully kept his decrepit game going to this day without this kind of controversy that Alex just went hog wild in.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Colin Mockery posted:

The dev made a fake discord account to get into the GPWC private discord and alleges that the people in the discord has links (maybe early?) to like... mangareader.com-type scanlations and poo poo. And you cant join the private share channel unless you’re not inactive in the alliance.

Because “I’ll let you see my scanlations if you play this game with me” is considered RMT, it’s a bannable offense, especially because lots of people in the private discord just log in every once in a while to not go inactive (so they can generate taxes for the alliance).

As a result, all the gov of NPO is banned, 95b got deleted from their bank, and GPWC is being forcibly disbanded.

A strict reading of the rules indicates “I’ll give you a steam key if you baseball good” or “I’ll buy Jackbox for us to play together if you fight good” would also be considered serious RMT offenses of the same nature.

Also, I think someone explicitly asked Alex “what if we do it in the exact specific way that GPWC does it” and he said “I wouldnt like that but it’d be a game mechanics flaw and now a moderation issue.”

Thank you! I was so close to creating an account too.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

How long til Alex gives up and deletes his very bad game?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Sardonik posted:

Also, F'n lol that a smoothbrain like Kevin (Cybernations admin) successfully kept his decrepit game going to this day without this kind of controversy that Alex just went hog wild in.

Kevin was too inactive to gently caress up at this level.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
"Not like this" indeed.

You fool.

You absolute moron.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
:homebrew: :patriot:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
:zaurg:
:sherman:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

The best possible outcome.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
[puts pinkie up]

T AA A A AXAAAS AA NNNNNNBB KS

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

in case anyone wondered how today was going, sensitive info redacted:

the VC chat is just fsad laughing maniacally.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Vic here on behalf of all the goons vicariously enjoying this thread: "What happened?"

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Vic posted:

Vic here on behalf of all the goons vicariously enjoying this thread: "What happened?"

Jazz snatched hilarity out of the jaws of :Alex:.
This is still ongoing but if you're familiar with GOONS history in Delve you might have an idea of what happened here. :allears:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Vic posted:

In today's events, DNFJ pulled the contents of an offshore bank to our alliance bank. Or he attempted to, anyway. Instead of going to our bank, under the name "Green Protection Agency [GPA]" after we rebranded yesterday, the offshore contents went to an alliance that had named itself "GOONS [GOONS]".

Then one of our dudes lost a war and rather than the GPA alliance losing under 1% of its contents, the guy who won the war took 33% of the GOONS alliance bank.

Alex's API and code in general refers to alliance banks by ticker. Not by alliance ID.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vic posted:

The best part of what...ever is happening right now is that at the moment it's total chaos. Nobody knows, everything is burning down or blowing up or burning down because it blew up. Everyone's running around like drunken jackasses with no idea what the gently caress.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

dragonshardz posted:

Alex's API and code in general refers to alliance banks by ticker. Not by alliance ID.

Wait, what, why, what, why

Seriously it seems like that would be much harder to code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Mystic Mongol posted:

Wait, what, why, what, why

Seriously it seems like that would be much harder to code.

That's :Alex:!