Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Slanderer posted:

Virgil sounding extremely shook and upset that his predictions were wrong. Carl Diggler is dead and gone...

Lmao loving :owned:

Virgil was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Shipon posted:

It's you and the other clowns listening. Amber rocks and is spot on about small town life
She just threatened the alternative publishing industry with the gulag if they don't publish her work, and it rules.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Not gonna lie this is pretty disappointing.
https://twitter.com/nkjemisin/status/1225120961978081285?s=19

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
We love to make fun of Felix for being a sweet, simple, gamer boy but tbh his 'we won, they just don't want to let you have a victory party because they want you to feel weak' was probably the most relatable and clear 'where do we go after this, though' rant they had.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

It's unfortunate but I take that sort of thing in a stride. There's a lot of brainwormy nonsense spread by people normies listen to and you can't pierce through it all. At the end of the day it's just a podcast and I'm sure NKJ will pull the lever for Bernie in the general.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

amber’s benefit is her steely demeanor, she always wins at a game of chicken with liberalism. i think she is the core of the show’s “don’t apologize or give an inch to your stupid bad faith opponents” and in that sense she’s invaluable to the show

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

William Gibson retweeted Kos making GBS threads on Will's correct take.

Also it's clear whoever this nerd author is that they've never listened to a single episode.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Feb 6, 2020

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

THS posted:

amber’s benefit is her steely demeanor, she always wins at a game of chicken with liberalism. i think she is the core of the show’s “don’t apologize or give an inch to your stupid bad faith opponents” and in that sense she’s invaluable to the show

the whole point is no one is perfect, but if you are right about all the important poo poo, we can make it work. she has real bad takes, but so does everyone. she loving owns though.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Twitter bad for brains, part 669

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm worried about this stupid surge Pete is having in New Hampshire.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Bernie has already won.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Bernie would have won.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pete came in THIRD among LGBT Iowans lmao

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

He gained it all in a day or two, he can lose it all in a day or two when it comes out "oops, Bernie won and Pete lied about winning"

This race was always between Bernie or Biden and Biden is dead. It's all over now, we literally just have to wait. The Bernie campaign did their job, they built a diverse working class coalition and they're gonna win in every loving state.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

Bernie has already won.

I know but I hate Pete and don't like it when good things happen to him.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

Pete came in THIRD among LGBT Iowans lmao
I don't believe Pete Buttigieg is gay. I believe that the entity we call Pete Buttigieg may be inhabiting the body of a man who was gay.

I'm hearing that Pete poured his entire campaign into Iowa. How much of that was to buy out an animal shelter and cover it up?

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Groovelord Neato posted:

William Gibson retweeted Kos making GBS threads on Will's correct take.

Also it's clear whoever this nerd author is that they've never listened to a single episode.

Her last trilogy boiled down to the system that ruled the world was so unjust and corrupt that using magic to cause an apocalypse that killed millions but allowed a new order to arise was the more moral choice than working within the system. Twitter really is brain poison if you can write that but then be vote blue no matter who.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
by far the biggest revelation in this recent episode is Amber getting married at the ripe old age of 23 :stare:

jesus

every time I read a story about somebody marrying their grade school sweetheart right out of high school or some insanely young age I feel like I've time traveled to 1925

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Race Realists posted:

by far the biggest revelation in this recent episode is Amber getting married at the ripe old age of 23 :stare:

jesus

every time I read a story about somebody marrying their grade school sweetheart right out of high school or some insanely young age I feel like I've time traveled to 1925

My parents got married at 23, as did my sister. In 1925 they would’ve been old for that.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
like that's literally the Pleasantville type poo poo Chuds think the 1950s were like

Serf
May 5, 2011

my mom got married at 18 and divorced 6 months later

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Her last trilogy boiled down to the system that ruled the world was so unjust and corrupt that using magic to cause an apocalypse that killed millions but allowed a new order to arise was the more moral choice than working within the system. Twitter really is brain poison if you can write that but then be vote blue no matter who.

That makes her tweet 1000 times funnier than you.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Race Realists posted:

jesus

That's not ridiculously young to get married.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Race Realists posted:

jesus

When I was in the military, I knew a few guys who were divorced 2 or 3 times by age 23.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
There are still millions of Mormons who think a woman is a spinster at 25.

My parents married at 20 and 21, had me at 25, and are still married and don't hate each other. It's weird. Maybe I should come out to them, just to shake things up a little.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

That's not ridiculously young to get married.

In some parts of the country it is.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
getting married young is still one of the larger indicators for class, and amber is from dirt poor Indiana stock

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

red19fire posted:

When I was in the military, I knew a few guys who were divorced 2 or 3 times by age 23.

To be fair military people literally get paid more while they're married, so there's a pretty strong incentive to just go for it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Race Realists posted:

jesus

That's weirdly old by SC standards

Chapos are right to shun us

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

papa horny michael posted:

getting married young is still one of the larger indicators for class, and amber is from dirt poor Indiana stock

Yeah it's an income thing. I don't know anyone who wasn't close to 30 (or on the other side) when they got hitched.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Luckily I have it on good authority that if you subscribe to David Brooks' good conservative values and get married young it will guarantee prosperity

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

This woman is responsible for the emptying of an entire pound.

https://twitter.com/BernieBroStar/status/1225432246921940992

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

This woman is responsible for the emptying of an entire pound.

https://twitter.com/BernieBroStar/status/1225432246921940992

lol

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Like it's obvious that Pete's persona is phony, but it's amazing how bad he is at it. The second anyone pushes back even a little and he's full Skaven mode

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Chexoid posted:

Like it's obvious that Pete's persona is phony, but it's amazing how bad he is at it. The second anyone pushes back even a little and he's full Skaven mode

has anyone modded vermintide to put pete faces on the skaven?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Calling Pete the Great Horned Rat is anti-Semitic!!!

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

has anyone modded vermintide to put pete faces on the skaven?

Queek Meanstester

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Calling Pete the Great Horned Rat is anti-Semitic!!!

I am surprised we haven't seen the wide scale proliferation of 'calling Pete a rat is a homophobic slur' yet

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Must have high-high hopes, yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Biden: Nurgle
Warren: Tzeentch
Buttigieg: Great Horned Rat
Klobuchar: Khorne
Sanders: Doesn't allow Nazi garbage in his gaming store