Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It's just a delaying tactic so that Bernie can't claim victory because the count is still ongoing. Nothing more to it.

This.

Rigging doesn't only mean number tampering. You can cheat by loving with the narrative too. I'd argue that given Iowa's low delegate count, the actual result is less important than the perception of victory which the DNC, through the IDP, has given to Mayor Cheat. Hopefully the whole process has backfired.

If god is truly just, Pete will pull the pin on his suicide vest and accuse Bernie of tampering in Iowa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SimonCat posted:

There have to be some Iowa Goons here. Anyone know what has to be done to make Iowa a primary state and do away with the caucuses? Would it just take an act of the legislature?

Nah, that's a party vote.

PepsiOverCoke
Dec 2, 2019

by Reene

SimonCat posted:

There have to be some Iowa Goons here. Anyone know what has to be done to make Iowa a primary state and do away with the caucuses? Would it just take an act of the legislature?

Party vote, but its difficult because its not just one party. Both parties have first in the nation caucus language in their platforms, and I doubt one party is going to change if the other doesn't.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The DNC however can just say "gently caress you iowa, do a primary on super tuesday or you don't get your delegates at the national convention". Bernie, you know what you need to do after you win

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Tom Perez is a vile worm conglomeration stitched together in a human suit and people were still lapping up his dung when he elevated a bunch of spooks into US congress to give Trump concentration camp funding and hosed over any talk of climate change.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Let the red tie nazis have their sham democratic vote and have the future party of Bernie Sanders have an actual democratic process for selecting candidates

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Nah, that's a party vote.

poo poo. Might as well piss into the wind then.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Public Service Announcement: Live speech by Bernie in a few minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m63KAjt4UHo

amaru_chulla
Sep 3, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nairbo posted:

Just a reminder that Pete Buttigieg created and edited his own Wikipedia page

Just a reminder that Pete's own website had his merchandise page up and running before any pages about his campaign planks or issues.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/merica/status/1225477448353173506?s=21

Lol

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

PepsiOverCoke posted:

I have no loving idea and its infuriating.

Predict: Redoing the caucus, but disallowing satellite caucuses.

https://twitter.com/merica/status/1225477448353173506?s=20

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/1225479350461632523

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

genuinely curious: is there any way to interpret this that isn't "AH poo poo IT LOOKS LIKE BERNIE MIGHT WIN"

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

genuinely curious: is there any way to interpret this that isn't "AH poo poo IT LOOKS LIKE BERNIE MIGHT WIN"

lol no, and it's just confirming to everyone in the general public that they also rigged 2016.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

permaban every dumb motherfucker who was shittalking people calling this entire thing extremely suspect holy gently caress

the democratic party must be destroyed

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Perez should resign the mother Hubbard.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
https://www.twitch.tv/bernie_sanders

live

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Btw buttigieg is going to win NH

https://twitter.com/zachmontellaro/status/1225479581483913216?s=21

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/benebenebeneb/status/1225280141556953089

Hi, I'm a self-hating Sanders supporter.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

DelilahFlowers posted:

Perez should resign the mother Hubbard.

tomperezresign.com

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

kidkissinger posted:

lol no, and it's just confirming to everyone in the general public that they also rigged 2016.

normally I can at least game out a disingenuous excuse

but holy poo poo this is blatant

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

*BUMP* It's starting.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Bernie's sweater game is strong

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
holy poo poo Bernie is PISSED

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Bernie declared victory.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

empty whippet box posted:

If they recount it I bet more errors are found and Sanders does even better and then they decide that Iowa just isn't a state anymore or something

Don't get my hopes up.

amaru_chulla
Sep 3, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trabisnikof posted:

Which occurred because the app counting the DNC votes hosed up and somehow only Perez got the first round results and so only him and Obama could lobby members to change their vote.

Weird how hosed up apps keep accidentally helping the establishment.

Wow, it sure seems strange how all these Obama alums have been funding and running all these tech startups all of a sudden :thunk:

PepsiOverCoke
Dec 2, 2019

by Reene
The satellites DO have disproportionate delegate counts but omg whats done is done. Dont restart this clock.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Bernie declaring victory in a fashionable old man sweater, god bless this old man

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
Hot take, but I say Bernie's gonna win.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

LinYutang posted:

Bernie declared victory.

Yes, because the evidence strongly suggests that he did. Unlike when Pete declared victory.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Is there a good reason Bernie shouldn't publicly say Tom Perez needs to resign at this point?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

bowser posted:

Is there a good reason Bernie shouldn't publicly say Tom Perez needs to resign at this point?

***** PARTY UNITY ****

----
---

can get hosed

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

PepsiOverCoke posted:

The satellites DO have disproportionate delegate counts but omg whats done is done. Dont restart this clock.

So do the rural precincts.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
The fact that Bernie played the game better doesn't mean you get to rewrite the rules.

Anybody could have targeted the satellites like he did, it isn't his fault they didn't.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Bernie has the biggest dick energy he's had all campaign season so far

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Nairbo posted:

Show him clips of Bloomberg endorsing Bush I. 2004, mention stop and frisk, mention the soda ban if he’s a personal liberty guy and mention that he’s a billionaire oligarch with absolutely no chance at beating Trump

Is he a general Democrat supporter or just a Bloomberg guy? That changes the dynamic.

As big of a punching bag Pete is for everyone, Bloomberg against Bernie is going to be an absolute cake walk to convince average voters. If your stepdad is a millionaire then there’s no convincing him but if he’s not let us know what his priorities are

he is not a millionaire. First of all he is just about to turn eighty in a couple months and he was raised in a poor family in philadelphia. I've tried to tell him about those things and he won't listen. He also won't listen when I tell him that he has no chance to win the primary and if he does it was through trickery. It is honestly just making me said that he could be hoodwinked in such a way because he watches the view.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PepsiOverCoke posted:

They're going to

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I'm glad that Bernie is calling out how useless SDEs are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Bernie thanking people for using social media. Dogwhistling at the cyberbullies, I see