Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I took a look at her other articles (viewing the source code of the page lets you skip the paywall):

Bitching about not being allowed to speak at a university for being a TERF

Bitching about trans people

Bitching about sex workers

Bitching about Wes Anderson movies

Bitching about farmers markets

Bitching about joggers

Bitching about picnics

Bitching about people not liking the TV shows she likes

Bitching about MasterChef

Bitching about drag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Absurd Alhazred posted:

But it wasn't a Master's, it was a PhD. And what tripped her up seems to be specifically history rather than literary studies. Or, I guess, basic reading comprehension? :shrug:

We've all known garbage scholars. I'm not defending her work. I'm just noting that at a glance her tutor's CV and literary background seems fine for supervising that project (if you exclude Wolf's work lol)

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I want to go make out with a woman now just to spite her. Like even if she wasn’t a TERF she loving says things like “lezzer” and I hope she gets disinvited to more events.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

The big punchline is that Bindel is a Political Lesbian

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/BevLive/status/1225258886426431488?s=19

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Alien Sex Manual posted:

I want to go make out with a woman now just to spite her. Like even if she wasn’t a TERF she loving says things like “lezzer” and I hope she gets disinvited to more events.

What I took away from that article is that you can't be gay unless you suffer for it. I, foolishly, thought it was a matter of who you were attracted to, but it's actually a statement that your parents hate you.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

The ratio climbs on this tweet while the number of likes remains in the single digits, and still they double down.

https://twitter.com/BevLive/status/1225272900284035072

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's ok, they apologised.

https://twitter.com/BevLive/status/1225408031254597632?s=20

Oh, no they doubled down like usual my mistake.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's ok, they apologised.

https://twitter.com/BevLive/status/1225408031254597632?s=20

Oh, no they doubled down like usual my mistake.

go ahead, keep telling me to shut the gently caress up. It only makes my opinions worse

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

Elviscat posted:

David Sasha Cohen is like the anti Poe's law, he's a real good dude, and it's a shame he kinds faded into obscurity/racist charactour.

I got to meet him at a classmate's bar mitzvah (they were pretty distant cousins, this was bedore the first Borat movie) he came in character as Ali G, it was wild.

Did you miss Who Is America? just over a year ago? That was some raw idiocy fodder across the board from right-wingers and liberals, and Bernie being kind of amused and "okay, kid" at his persona.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

This is a bit of an :ironicat: seeing as Bindel is a political lesbian.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/1225468833458245632?s=19

More context:
https://twitter.com/jeffzeleny/status/1225472426894647296?s=19

MizPiz has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Feb 6, 2020

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that could take all day

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

wait, so he either was too dumb to know the DNC is running the show or he knew and was trying to "Eric Andre shooting meme" his way into pinning the blame solely on Iowa dem party

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I am shocked this person is not a Buttigieg stan.

Also I thought this was the same person who is a political lesbian and I am disappointed that they’re not because wow what a goldmine that would have been.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

It also should be mentioned the recanvassing he is talking about is not for fixing the errors pointed out, it to readjust the SDE given from the satellite campuses.

These campuses are the reason Bernie was projected to win the current count. Also he is doing it at 97% reported after Bernie is all but won anyway

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

nerdz posted:

wait, so he either was too dumb to know the DNC is running the show or he knew and was trying to "Eric Andre shooting meme" his way into pinning the blame solely on Iowa dem party

As paradoxically impossible as it may seem, I'm sure Perez will find a way to make it both.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also the IDP just officially told Tom he has no power to ask for a recount and to gently caress off

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I wonder if the upper DNC folks are like possessed souls in a D&D campaign, who under the force of geas are compelled to defend the corporate liberal ideal, but when defeated will rise and be like "the curse has been lifted thank you hero"

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Bindel may well have many opinions on how to be Properly Lesbian, but writing them in the Spectator means that they can safely be dismissed on the basis that they're in the loving Spectator. Only shitheads write for the Spectator, you can be sure of this. Also Spiked online. In fact, they're often the exact same shitheads. Loving how the TERFs are all hanging around Thatcherites and evangelical Christian sects because nobody else wants to listen to them talking about genitals all day long.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

CommonShore posted:

I wonder if the upper DNC folks are like possessed souls in a D&D campaign, who under the force of geas are compelled to defend the corporate liberal ideal, but when defeated will rise and be like "the curse has been lifted thank you hero"

I don't think so. I think the older ones are just broke-brained from losing against Reagan twice (and HW once) and the younger ones are just plain true believers that neoliberalism is the only possible politicial-economic system.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

:laffo:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
White liberals are truly loving demented
https://twitter.com/SuzanneNMore/status/1225469603561775104?s=19

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/CrispMermaid/status/1225397643171549185?s=19

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/rmayemsinger/status/1225510151504965634?s=20

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1225482889216823305?s=20

This is only 2 hours old (pinned), but god it could be from any point in the last few years and you'd still be wondering which of the many stupid and awful things he's said has led to this.

e:

https://twitter.com/tealou/status/1225388140686278656?s=20

lol, one of glinners TERF followers also cannot understand why they might be on SEVENTY FIVE blocklists. I'm sure it's because you write about tech, yeah lets go with that.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Jesus you can literally study and get a degree in Queer theory at the best universities in the world. People pride themselves on calling themselves queer theorists. You can't get a loving n----- degree from Harvard. What a loving moron

Edit: I'm not black, I'm Asian, and if anyone's offended by my use of the word, please tell me, I'll gladly remove it and apologize.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Guilty posted:

Edit: I'm not black, I'm Asian, and if anyone's offended by my use of the word, please tell me, I'll gladly remove it and apologize.

Trying to bait me into being racist by telling you which words you can't use I see. Too bad, but I'm too smart for your games kiddo.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's every tweeter's dream to be the first to call a word bad

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Guilty posted:

Jesus you can literally study and get a degree in Queer theory at the best universities in the world. People pride themselves on calling themselves queer theorists. You can't get a loving n----- degree from Harvard. What a loving moron

I was in charge of the queer advocacy arm of my student government, woulda been quite surprising to all the people in my office to learn we were the n-word-but-for-gay student commission

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If you're still willing to type out "queer" then you don't think it's the gay version of the n-word.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Guilty posted:

There are some people who find queer a traumatic word bc it was hurled at them during abuse, but the same can sadly be applied to any lgbt term. I'm happy to comply if someone lgbt+ asks me not to refer to them as queer, and will try to minimize my use of the word around them, but I am not willing to stop identifying as queer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Who What Now posted:

If you're still willing to type out "queer" then you don't think it's the gay version of the n-word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg0UWxhJkfk

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

But it wasn't a Master's, it was a PhD. And what tripped her up seems to be specifically history rather than literary studies. Or, I guess, basic reading comprehension? :shrug:

Well, I don't think she saw that source because it contradicts her idea.

But also how did no one on her committee find this error? Ugh.

Or - again - the fact checker at her publisher?

This certainly isn't the error of just a "stupid woman." :rollseyes:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Also the point doesn't make any sense because they say it was never reclaimed, but the n-word is like the most famously reclaimed word there is!

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

hawowanlawow posted:

fun fact: according to official Harry Potter canon, swirlies were given by "prestoing" a toilet over someone's head and spinning the TOILET around

Wait I thought they just magiced away their poo poo and piss though, or was the swirlie a muggle invention that followed the toilet into wizard land

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Slippery posted:

Wait I thought they just magiced away their poo poo and piss though, or was the swirlie a muggle invention that followed the toilet into wizard land

Think about it, you're introduced to the toilet in a school filled with culturally-supported race-hate, what's next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Slippery posted:

yeah that's true, they only used the toilets for swirlies