Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

CharlestheHammer posted:

which means he doesn’t know the rules as it would be more impactful if just Pete did it

but then he would look like a bitch

perez knows the rules

he just knows pete wanting a recount only when he lost makes him look like a bigger ratfuck than he does already and why pete had perez ask for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Oyak posted:

I just don't get the DNC end game here. They ratfuck the most popular candidate and then...what, they lose bigly in the general with a drone who nobody can be bothered to vote for? Why?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

what the hell is a "recanvas?" is pete the rat trying to nullify the entire election

It's a recount, but like a lovely version that doesn't get the courts involved

and if he wants it they're going to make him pay for it lol

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Oyak posted:

I just don't get the DNC end game here. They ratfuck the most popular candidate and then...what, they lose bigly in the general with a drone who nobody can be bothered to vote for? Why?

Money. They're utterly corrupt.

Losing elections does not shut off the money.

Losing donors shuts off the money.

They're rather lose correctly than win incorrectly.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/WhiteSoxSlater/status/1224871258334121984?s=20

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Augus posted:

actually he talked to the Pete campaign and then used his position of authority to make their request for a recount on their behalf, thus obfuscating who exactly was calling the vote into question (because Buttgieg’s campaign doesn’t want to appear to be “disrespecting the results”) and making it seem more official.

I bet the IDP didn't expect that doing a woopsie on Monday night to help Buttigieg would completely destroy the entire state party and their spot in the nominating process so they might have switched to hatinghim now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Harrow posted:

It's a recount, but like a lovely version that doesn't get the courts involved

and if he wants it they're going to make him pay for it lol

he also has to prove it will change the national delegates

which I think is impossible

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Where are the final 3% Christ

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

So what the gently caress is a recanvass? Do they really want to rerun the whole caucus?

E: Oh, they want a recount. Rofl at that, go blow your money and energy on that Ratface instead of NH or Nevada

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Steyer and Yang, it's time to join the fold

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Feldegast42 posted:

So what the gently caress is a recanvass? Do they really want to rerun the whole caucus?

its just a recount

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

If the Sanders campaign plays this carefully, this is going to be an epic media self-own for both Pete and the DNC.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Feldegast42 posted:

recount but without the minorities

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

this is going to be a high bar to clear for any recanvass request

lol that owns

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Thoguh posted:

I bet the IDP didn't expect that doing a woopsie on Monday night to help Buttigieg would completely destroy the entire state party and their spot in the nominating process so they might have switched to hatinghim now.

yeah

the idp cares more about being first than it does about tipping the scales so once people started calling for their heads they started to actually do poo poo correctly

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

It's a recount and also it isn't going to happen. Pete would have to ask for it himself and make the argument that it would change the number of national delegates he'd get, which it almost certainly wouldn't. And even if they did agree to do it, his campaign would have to pay for it. There won't be a recanvass.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pete is such an unlikable twerp just lmao about the party trying to destroy what's left of its credibility to help him win a meaningless statistic so he can say TECHNICALLY I WON at a debate.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

this is going to be a high bar to clear for any recanvass request

Hshahaha

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pete is such a failure at being a millennial that they wouldn't even give him a participation trophy

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Feldegast42 posted:

No it is just recounting the results from Monday, which would take less than a day by an independent auditing firm but also is what they supposedly have been doing for the last three days already so at best might give them a way to disqualify the couple dozen precincts where they really went off the rails and did stuff like allow supporters of viable candidates to re-align.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Lawman 0 posted:

Pete is such a failure at being a millennial that they wouldn't even give him a participation trophy

:snoo:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I. M. Gei posted:

I just woke up what happened?

trump got impeached

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

seriously should I report that butthole rat comment or not? I’m thinking yes but I don’t know of Facebook would care

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

seems like a lot happened since the death of the needle last night

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

When we getting the last of the results?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

El Burbo posted:

I’m turning into the dang joker

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

seriously should I report that butthole rat comment or not? I’m thinking yes but I don’t know of Facebook would care

lol this is cspam

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

Pete talked to the manager of the democrats is basically it

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Lol hell yeah my well off friend who likes Pete finally posted after 4 days and said she doesn't care if the DNC is rigging it, they just need a nominee selected to beat Trump , doesn't matter who

Amazing

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Epic High Five posted:

he talked to the Pete campaign and then made the tweet, actually

that's even dumber, somehow

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Shear Modulus posted:

the death of the needle was the lightning strike that cracked trump's anti-mattering shield

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Raccooon posted:

When we getting the last of the results?

Never, you are already dead

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

unsurprisingly the journalism guy with Dr in his twitter handle is leaning on definitions of 'academic definitions' to hide that he's wrong. here's what a leading academic on the subject of oligarchs, political scientist jeffery winters, has to say, on the first page of his book Oligarchy:

academic talking about definition of oligarch posted:

For centuries, oligarchs were viewed as empowered by wealth, an idea muddled by elite theory in the early twentieth century. The common thread for oligarchs across history is that wealth defines and empowers them, and inherently exposes them to threats. The existential motive of all oligarchs is the defense of wealth. Their pursuit of wealth defense varies with the threats they confront, including how directly involved they are in supplying the coercion underlying all property claims, and whether they act separately or collectively.

it's hard for me to understand you can reconcile bernie's beliefs, statements, and actions with this or the other stuff in the book. but i'm just a shitposter and not a guy with a phd, so he's probably right.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lmfao Pete called the manager

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pete isn’t gonna personally ask for a recount because that would make him look like the sourgrapes one. He tried to request it indirectly through Perez to avoid that.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

Lol hell yeah my well off friend who likes Pete finally posted after 4 days and said she doesn't care if the DNC is rigging it, they just need a nominee selected to beat Trump , doesn't matter who

Amazing

Lmao why not at least go for like klobb good god

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Nothus posted:

Lmfao Pete called the manager

Powerful Karen energy

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

I. M. Gei posted:

who gives a poo poo

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pete wanted the results less spicy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1225495039620657153?s=20