Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

speaking of Herriman and Krazy Kat, here's a trove: https://joel.franusic.com/krazy_kat/

That's great. I'd been reading the Fantagraphics collections, but it's really nice to see the comics in the actual newspaper context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Is there anyway you can post the panel of the Extreme book where they talk about "the Chernobyl of HIV"? If not here, maybe in the funny panels thread?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

Is there anyway you can post the panel of the Extreme book where they talk about "the Chernobyl of HIV"? If not here, maybe in the funny panels thread?

I haven't been posting panels because bad camera and bad lighting make bad pictures, but just for you:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
im nearing the end of astro city and im not really feeling the meta story busiek has been working on with this 4th wall breaking david bowie knockoff. it just..feels kinda tryhard? like i can almost imagine him at the desk being like haha yes! while hes writing it and i dont have the heart to say to his face that its not working lol. hopefully however it ends pays off tho

the actual stories within have still been good though. like the origin of the gentleman ended up being fairly melancholy and the g-dog story winds up a real tearjerker

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Skwirl posted:

It's Black History Month. What are some comics by Black people?

Matt Baker worked as an artist during the 1940s and 50s. He drew Atlas-era Tales to Astonish and Strange Tales, as well as It Rhymes With Lust, the world's first OGN. But he might be best known for drawing Phantom Lady, or this cover at least:

(No, he wasn't related to Kyle Baker.)

http://www.americanartarchives.com/baker,matt.htm

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Before I get to the main event, I wanted to mention that after the talk the other day about Krazy Kat, I ordered the new Fantagraphics hardcover of the first three years of strips. I've only cracked it, but it looks really nice with tons of supplemental material. It's also huge which I wasn't expecting. Not newspaper sized, but large coffee table book sized. And the biographical information at the back makes no mention of race.

Anyway, let me get through the remaining eight October 1994 books by Extreme so I can read some good comics from over 100 years ago.

Black & White #1 - Oh god, another new series. This due had a try out as a back up strip in the Extreme Prejudice storyline (the one where everyone fought Magneto). It wasn't a very coherent story since it was mainly a fight scene being told two pages at a time.

Black and White is completely the work of Art Thibert now best known for being one of the comicsgate shitheads. Apparently he's trying to re-launch this comic as part of that.

The comic opens at a factory in Hong Kong with a Korean name which is being operated by someone who is Japanese and I'm starting to wonder if Thibert doesn't know that there's a difference between different countries in Asia. Whitney is "White" and is an insane asylum for accusing Chang of killing her family, but Chang died in prison two years ago and before he died in prison he said he was an honest businessman so Whitney was clearly crazy and had to be locked up. Reed is "Black", a former British spy who takes care of Whitney with the help of his valet Mr. Grey. Chang attacks the factory which Whitney owns and then shows up at her office (she's still locked up) to say he's now the boss and nobody goes, "Hey, are you supposed to be dead? And in prison? And maybe we should call the police right now and end this plot in eight pages?" Black breaks White out of the asylum, but when he undoes her straps she punches him because she wants to leave (yes, she knows him and the fact that he's there to help her escape). Also, the asylum is on Malta; I had been assuming "Maltese" was just a name, but then they're worried about the Maltese police arriving during the escape. White kills a ton of people at her office and Chang is there with a robot.

For a comic with a lot of incident, none of it is especially coherent. It's dizzying how many "Wait, how's that work?" questions that come up while I'm reading this. I'm getting the feeling that this is going to be a bad one.

Youngblood Strikefile #7 - This one is a quick one as Die Hard goes to space and fights the alien Carnage Spelled Wrong. Events in this issue are a bit screwed up since it starts with scientists going, "Don't blow things up!" then flashes back to the scientists accidentally releasing the monster and getting killed by it. And then Die Hard goes on to fight the monster with no return to the original narrative or time in between letting the monster out and fighting until everything is blown up. So I have no clue what the order of events was supposed to be.

I can tell you that Die Hard can eject his head because I guess that's a thing all cyborgs can do in the Extreme universe. Also, he can transfer his mind between robot bodies which makes earlier appearances more confusing.

In the Troll story, Troll gropes his waitress and demands that she kisses him because he's St. Patrick's Day and they're under a four leaf clover. Fortunately for her, Troll is attacked by a trio of leprechaun who he stole gold from a hundred years ago. The leprechauns have him outmatched, but Troll tricks them onto a ship bound for the north pole and then gets back to harassing the waitress.

Supreme #20 - Between the last issue and this issue, the teenager who got superpowers has picked up a costume that's a variant on Supreme's. He also knows that Supreme lost his powers "a few months ago" (it's been less than a week if you follow the comic's timeline and he's been flying around and beating people up with super powers the whole time).

This issue is mainly a punch up between Supreme and "Kid Supreme" (he takes the name at the end of the issue) and Overtkill. First in the streets of New York then on a yacht. Kid Supreme wants to get involved, Supreme doesn't want him involved, and they're the original odd couple. At the end of the issue Odin has come to earth with his talking Pomeranian (I assume it'll be Loki) because wants Mjollnir back.

I'm not going to nitpick too hard on the fights, but I feel like Overtkill should be grossly outclassed. He's a robot guy with a bunch of big guns versus a guy who can blow up a city. Supreme is presented as being on a whole other level compared to other characters, and Thor was on his level so the fact that he's depowered and only using mjollnir doesn't really make a difference.

Troll Halloween Special #1 - This is the last of the Troll specials, so I guess Liefeld finally learned that no one was interested in buying Troll comics. This one is a crossover with The Maxx. I never could get into The Maxx so I don't remember a whole lot about it. I've never even watched the MTV show...

On page three, the Julie from The Maxx tells her cab driver to "Learn some English."

Maxx finds some horror books including on that has a picture of Julie in a Victorian style dress as "Victim #7". She suddenly finds herself in East London late in the 19th century and I'm going, "Wait, there's only five canonical Ripper murders, so when they save her there's still going to be one extra." She bumps into Troll there. Mr. Gone, the villain from The Maxx is also there and has just killed Mary Kelly and now I'm wishing I was reading From Hell instead. Maxx is pulled back in time as well and there's a bunch of everyone running around and hitting things. In the end, they corner Mr. Gone and now there's only five ripper victims and I'm still wondering who number six would have been since it doesn't line up.

I think this comic might have made more sense if I could remember anything about The Maxx. There's a lot of jumping around in setting and I remember that being part of the comic, but I don't remember Julie being involved in the setting shifts or time travel being part of it and that there was supposed to be ambiguity to what was real and what wasn't (Troll in 1994 remember meeting Julie in 1888 so it was definitely all real).

Brigade #13 - Hey, we've reached one of the issues referenced in Brigade #25. I bet that this one matches up, since it's still recent enough. As time goes on, though...

Brigade is falling apart. Thermal is writing her expose. Lethal is seething with jealousy over the attention Battlestone is paying to Crucible. Coldsnap says they should kill Battlestone because he's a bad leader. Boone is a traitor who catches Thermal as she decides to delete her story and first accuses her of selling the team out and then one word balloon later accuses her of being a coward for not being willing to publish it.

This issue was supposed to be about the government taking out the team and I guess Boone might be doing that, but it's part of a storyline that's been going for a while. Next issue, however, Battlestone is supposed to "die" (not really), so I've got that to look forward to.

Badrock and Company #2 - Ah man! This one's written by Andy Mangels rather than Kieth Giffen. Despite it's place in the list, I had saved this one for last because I thought it would be an easy read compared to the rest. BTW, while looking up Mangels I found his obviously written by him Wikipedia entry which is a special kind of sad.

This issue is about a charity wrestling match between Badrock and Fuji from Stormwatch. Fuji was a sumo wrestler, of course. There's a villain who will make them more aggressive so they kill each other because Tony Twist wants Badrock dead for some reason. Her powers work on pheromones and they affect Fuji who is apparently an energy guy in a containment suit so I don't know how that's supposed to work. They beat each other until they're almost dead and knock each other into a river. That's really all there is to this one.

Page one has Badrock wearing a shirt with Fred Flintstone on it only crossed out. I assume Rob Liefeld just loved getting sued because he sure does keep begging for it.

Extra cameos in this comic include pretty much everybody because this charity match is on pay-per-view where it's making millions for the promoter...

Bloodstrike #15 - WARGAMES! PART 1! EXTREME SACRIFICE BEGINS HERE! PROPHET VS. BLOODSTRIKE! THERE'S A LOT OF EXCLAMATIONS ON THIS COVER!

I haven't made jokes about it before, but I think I've pouch overdosed in this comic. One of Bloodstrike's handlers now wears a bathing suit while running the mission and five different pouch bandoleers (two on one leg!). Not to mention all the pouches everyone else has. We have reached peak pouch in this comic, I don't see how there could possibly be more.

Wargame (the villain) has convinced Omen (Prophet's villain) to get Bloodstrike (the assassin) to go after Prophet (the guy). Prophet has suborned one of the Not Terminators, though, and it ambushes the Bloodstrike group (not the Bloodstrike team) as they arrive which sets off a giant brawl that will be continued in the second part of the crossover. Wargame's diabolical plan is that Bloodstrike will kill Prophet and then he'll kill Bloodstrike because that's something that would definitely work on the guy who took out someone he doesn't seem to be able to kill himself.

Extreme Sacrifice seems to be a crossover centered on Prophet and it properly gets going in December after two months of run up with the Wargames crossover. Which is why I'm only talking about the first half of it this time.

Prophet #8 - Stephen Platt's art on Prophet is so weird. I've mentioned it before but his figures are a disaster. Indecipherable masses of lines; overdrawn and disproportional enough to make it confusing. But he's got a sense for dynamic layout. Once I figure out what he's drawing, the way the page is structured is pretty good. And unlike a lot of other people at Extreme Studios, he has a good sense of place in his art; I know where things are taking place. I feel like if he could have refined himself a bit and gotten a better handle on drawing people then he could have developed into a great artist.

Bloodstrike and Prophet continue to fight in the flooding, storm drenched sewers below a nuclear test site in Nevada. Both of them chop each other up until neither can continue fighting, then Wargame takes the two of them so they can continue the contest.

In the back matter I found that Rob Liefeld will be putting in an appearance at a branch of the comic book store I used to go to. Huh. Go figure.

Also, this is apparently the Prophet miniseries. That's been going on for 8 issues and over a year. His regular series will get a new number one soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For a few months Stephen Platt was the hottest artist in comics.

At least according to Wizard anyways.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

For a few months Stephen Platt was the hottest artist in comics.

At least according to Wizard anyways.

Eight million bullet casings per page. It’s good.

I’ll eventually post some pictures in the physical comic thread but I bought Monograph based on the cartoonist kayfabe video about it and goddamn this thing is a monster of a book. Ridiculous value for the price. Chris Ware is on some other level when it comes to cartooning.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

Eight million bullet casings per page. It’s good.

And have you seen the number of veins he draws on people's arms? More veins = better art!

Stephen Platt is another one of the creators at Extreme whose credits at a studio not run by Liefeld can be counted on your fingers. There's so many of them...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i bet you could write a pretty good, if regularly depressing, spin off series entirely about the super battle related trauma support group that caps of astro city

what a great series, front to back a joy to read. highly recommended

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/TonyVnrs/status/1225147720505139202?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/1225466418914828293?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some dude named Taylor King needs to enter the story.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
T'omm T'ommz

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I just had a muld stroke trying to say this out loud

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Has anyone seen King and Taylor in the same room at the same time?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Madkal posted:

I have. I remember it distinctly because there was this weird flickering in the air between the two of them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/kathbarbadoro/status/1225629981407154176?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Madkal posted:

https://twitter.com/craigwhundley/status/1225490701699469315?s=19

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

100% true

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

November 1994. Extreme Studios released a bunch of comics including yet another new number one. The bubble is collapsing and they keep expanding.

Brigade #14 - Boone has stolen Thermal's not-very-exposing expose on Brigade which will destroy the team forever. Also, Battlestone apparently knows all about the story even though it was completed minutes ago. Battlestone and Boone punch each other on a pier for almost the entire issue until Boone pulls out a grenade. Big explosion and Battlestone is definitely dead. Except they reveal on the next page that he and Boone survived being blown up and Battlestone is captured.

Not a whole lot to say about a nothing issue of a nothing book. They're still on track with the events mentioned in Brigade #25. Next issue, however, Marv Wolfman takes over as writer. I can't say I'm super pumped up about that, but having a writer in general will be a step up.

Battlestone #1 - Might as well move right over to the book that launched out of that issue. This one is all about Battlestone being brainwashed to work for the government again and of course the brainwashing consists of replaying his memories. He was part of the ever growing covert team that included Spawn before he died, Chapel, Dutch, and another guy who would become a superhero after this. He fought with a superhero team in World War 2 though you'd only know it was World War 2 by the caption boxes. His dad Not Magneto was proud of him beating his younger brother bloody. And then the brainwashing works.

Marat Mychaels provided the artwork for this issue and he might be the most Liefeld clone of all the artists they've gotten so far. I mean clone down to the point that it looks an awful lot like he traced Liefeld figures that Liefeld traced from someone else.

Youngblood Strikefile #8 - "Extreme Sacrifice Continues!" the cover blares. Now some of you might go, "Continues? Did I miss something?" Nope, the crossover Extreme Sacrifice starts in December's books and this issue is November's (or maybe October's; the cover and indica disagree). And by "continues" what they apparently meant is that a subplot from Prophet gets the first five or six pages of the issue as second time traveling bad guy shows up at a military base to erase all their records of Prophet because Prophet "belongs to me!"

There are two other stories in this issue. Dutch goes to Nicaragua to fight commies and instead fights a big guy with powers who never talks. Dutch was there to test military super armor and be sacrificed and in the end he's torn apart. The other story has Shaft resolve a hostage situation while a guy on the street talks about how he can't do it because Shaft doesn't have any powers. Yes, the story is titled "Just Talkin' Bout Shaft", and I can't dig it.

New Men #8 - There was a two part crossover this month between New Men and Team Youngblood called New Blood.

Picking up from the previous issue, Reign has killed someone in a bar fight, robots are attacking, Youngblood is on their way to capture the New Men as they work their way through the sewers. Apparently murder is no big deal to the New Men since they think that the police don't have a right to try to arrest someone for that crime. Dash apparently had her child between issues because she's definitely no longer pregnant in this issue. Eventually Youngblood catch up with them and the New Men except for Dash and new character Pilot who just showed up and might have powers that avoid detection. Maybe. It's kind of ambiguous.

The New Men's mentor Proctor turned out to be a robot copy of the real Proctor who returned this issue. Reign says something that makes it seem like he's always been a robot, Proctor says something that implies he switched out with the robot sometime since the series started, and none of it really matters because Proctor has yet to do anything, let alone anything to mentor the team.

The next issue blurb promises me answers, but it's also going to be part of the Extreme Sacrifice crossover so who knows how that works.

Team Youngblood #15 - Youngblood had been sent after the New Men to put them under protective custody, but now they're being put into the federal penal system for breaking state law? That's not a question, it's just that this comic used question marks for declarative statements a couple of times and it was super confusing. At Youngblood headquarters, the remaining free New Men break in and immediately discover a Brotherhood of Man mole in the organization. With that out of the way, they free the rest of the team leading to another brawl with Youngblood which is resolved when Youngblood's boss comes over tells everyone about the mole. With there being absolutely no need for further follow up or consequences, everyone smiles and has a small party.

Dash pregnancy watch: she's back to being pregnant for this issue and the cliffhanger of the book is when she goes into labor.

I wanted to get to the other books crossing over this month, but that's going to have to wait a little while longer. They're putting out way too many comics a month now for such a tiny studio. I'd say it's affecting their quality and ability to stay on schedule, but they never had either.

Unfortunately, all of these books felt perfunctory this time and it's hard to find anything nice to say. Brigade doesn't have any reason to exist, New Men and Youngblood's crossover doesn't amount to anything, and Strikefile doesn't have anything happening despite being short stories. I did save the more lively books for the second half, so maybe there will be something more there?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

Youngblood Strikefile #8 - "Extreme Sacrifice Continues!" the cover blares. Now some of you might go, "Continues? Did I miss something?" Nope, the crossover Extreme Sacrifice starts in December's books and this issue is November's (or maybe October's; the cover and indica disagree). And by "continues" what they apparently meant is that a subplot from Prophet gets the first five or six pages of the issue as second time traveling bad guy shows up at a military base to erase all their records of Prophet because Prophet "belongs to me!"

There are two other stories in this issue. Dutch goes to Nicaragua to fight commies and instead fights a big guy with powers who never talks. Dutch was there to test military super armor and be sacrificed and in the end he's torn apart. The other story has Shaft resolve a hostage situation while a guy on the street talks about how he can't do it because Shaft doesn't have any powers. Yes, the story is titled "Just Talkin' Bout Shaft", and I can't dig it.

I have a strong memory of reading this issue at the house of a friend who insisted on only collecting Image comics and stuff with Wolverine in it and being actually kind of into Keith Giffen's pencils on the Dutch story. I'm a huge fan of Giffen so this is a nice little curiosity to get reminded of, because as a little kid I absolutely would not have been aware of the names of the creators. Tom and Mary Bierbaum did the script too!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

How Wonderful! posted:

I have a strong memory of reading this issue at the house of a friend who insisted on only collecting Image comics and stuff with Wolverine in it and being actually kind of into Keith Giffen's pencils on the Dutch story. I'm a huge fan of Giffen so this is a nice little curiosity to get reminded of, because as a little kid I absolutely would not have been aware of the names of the creators. Tom and Mary Bierbaum did the script too!

I was juggling a lot of things so I overlooked the credits page on that issue and that would have been worth commenting on. White that was a nothing Dutch story, the cut aways to Dutch's handlers were a very Giffen thing. The Shaft story, OTOH, was by Kurt Busiek. I still didn't like it since it was a stock plot with a "this character is actually super-badass" wrapper that was all a set up for a reference passing as a joke, but Extreme Studios going beyond Liefeld's hand picked clones to get comics professionals is something worth mentioning.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

How Wonderful! posted:

It's weird hearing you have a distinct memory and association with the material because reading these summaries makes it seem so nakedly derivative and completely devoid of the powerful qualities of art that would imprint into your memory.

But I suppose it's like anything else, when you're young everything gets stuck in there, quality be damned.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In an early issue of wizard Rob gave a tour of the Extreme Studios physical studio and it was enormous and decked out with every distraction you could imagine. I think they even had their own basketball court.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

A Strange Aeon posted:

It's weird hearing you have a distinct memory and association with the material because reading these summaries makes it seem so nakedly derivative and completely devoid of the powerful qualities of art that would imprint into your memory.

But I suppose it's like anything else, when you're young everything gets stuck in there, quality be damned.

The plot's absolutely nothing at all but the pencils were nothing like anything I'd ever seen before. It is far, far, far from Giffen at his best but when I'd spent a whole afternoon flipping through this stuff it made an impression. I mostly remember how long and lanky the handlers' faces were, IIRC with flat white lenses on their glasses. Stock Giffen but a huge departure from the Extreme stables overwhelmingly uniform chiseled jaws.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/MKupperman/status/1226211866181033990

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Birds of Prey confirms that Harley Quinn is a Sanders supporter

When will the Sanders campaign renounce the endorsement of this unrepentant criminal?!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Is Mark Waid's Daredevil good? Is 40 bucks for the first Omnibus a good value?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

It's very good although I thought it kind of ran out of steam towards the end. Gorgeous art though and a really fun change of tone for the character.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

Oh no, not again!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

Yeah get it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

If I may continue posting about good comics, something I learned today is that there is a missing year of Krazy Kat comics. I don't mean that the comics weren't made, I mean that for the bulk of 1935 no archive of any Krazy Kat strip exists. The archivist for the Fantagraphics collections located exactly one newspaper who still carried the strip, but cut up the Sunday strip to make it a daily. On top of that, the few sources that existed before this interregnum were taking the full page Sunday strips and giving them one quarter of a page. It's kind of wild that Herriman is the most important comic creator of the that period (not the most successful, of course) and a large chunk of his work is essentially lost.

I'll return to bad comics soon enough, I've just had a series of running crisis that still aren't over that have left me going, "I don't want to spend three hours reading terrible comics after I've just dealt with all of this." At the very least I want to get through another line wide crossover while Rob Liefeld starts another comic company which happens in the next month.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

A Strange Aeon posted:

It is loving fabulous, and that's a very decent deal. All five of the oversized hardcovers can usually be found for pretty cheap, too.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Any word on what the next Marvel box set will be after the X-Men one is released next month? I love a good box set, and love my Avengers one.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Happy Hippo posted:

Any word on what the next Marvel box set will be after the X-Men one is released next month? I love a good box set, and love my Avengers one.

Are these like the Deadpool Adamantium Collection and the Avengers Vibranium Collection? Or something else?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

A Strange Aeon posted:

Are these like the Deadpool Adamantium Collection and the Avengers Vibranium Collection? Or something else?

Something else. Here's the official product description:

X-Men Children of the Atom Box Set posted:

X-MEN: SILVER AGE VOL. 1 -- GIFTED YOUNGSTERS PREMIERE HC (SLIPCASE EDITION)
Collecting X-MEN (1963) #1-13, FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #28and ANNUAL #3 and material from TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) #49, STRANGE TALES (1951) #120 and JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) #109. 400PGS.

X-MEN: SILVER AGE VOL. 2 -- DIVIDED WE FALL PREMIERE HC (SLIPCASE EDITION)
Collecting X-MEN (1963) #14-31. 384PGS.

X-MEN: SILVER AGE VOL. 3 -- THE TORCH IS PASSED PREMIERE HC (SLIPCASE EDITION)
Collecting X-MEN (1963) #32-48and AVENGERS (1963) #53. 384 PGS.

X-MEN: SILVER AGE VOL. 4-- TWILIGHT OF THE MUTANTS PREMIERE HC (SLIPCASE EDITION)
Collecting X-MEN (1963) #49-66, KA-ZAR (1970) #2-3 and MARVEL TALES (1964) #30. 416 PGS.

X-MEN: THE LOST YEARS PREMIERE HC (SLIPCASE EDITION)
Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN(1963) #92; INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #150, #161, #172 and #180-181;AMAZING ADVENTURES (1970) #11-17; MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #4 and #23; AVENGERS (1963) #110-111; CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #172-175; DEFENDERS(1972) #15-16; and GIANT-SIZE FANTASTIC FOUR #4. 480 PGS.

X-MEN:BRONZE AGE VOL. 1 -- ALL-NEW & ALL-DIFFERENT PREMIERE HC (SLIPCASE EDITION)
Collecting GIANT-SIZE X-MEN #1, X-MEN(1963) #94-108, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #161-162, MARVEL TEAM-UP(1972) #53 and ANNUAL #1 and IRON FIST (1975) #15. 424 PGS.

X-MEN:BRONZE AGE VOL. 2 -- MAGNETO TRIUMPHANT PREMIERE HC (SLIPCASE EDITION)
Collecting X-MEN (1963) #109-124, X-MEN ANNUAL (1970) #3,MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #69-70 and #89, INCREDIBLE HULK ANNUAL #7 and POWER MAN AND IRON FIST (1978) #57. 440 PGS.

X-MEN: BRONZEAGE VOL. 3 -- THE FATE OF THE PHOENIX PREMIERE HC (SLIPCASE EDITION)
Collecting X-MEN (1963) #125-141, UNCANNY X-MEN (1981)#142-143, X-MEN ANNUAL (1970) #4, MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #68 and material from MARVEL TREASURY EDITION #26-27 and MARVEL TEAM-UP(1972) #100. 472 PGS.

X-MEN COMPANION PREMIERE HC (SLIPCASE EDITION)
Collecting PHOENIX: THE UNTOLD STORY and material from F.O.O.M. #10 and NOT BRAND ECHH #4 and #8. 200 PGS.

X-MEN:CHILDREN OF THE ATOM BOX SET SLIPCASE POSTER (SLIPCASE EDITION)

tl;dr: it's everything X-Men related from the 60s, 70s, and into the early 80s ending with John Byrne's final issue.

edit; also there's a poster

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Happy Hippo posted:

Something else. Here's the official product description:

tl;dr: it's everything X-Men related from the 60s, 70s, and into the early 80s ending with John Byrne's final issue.

edit; also there's a poster
:fap: oh jesus these are gonna be so heavy right?