Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jerry Cotton posted:

Ernest Borgnine was the ninth Borg ever. It's right there in the name!

Seven of Borgnine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Failed Imagineer posted:

Seven of Borgnine

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
drat

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

FreudianSlippers posted:

The word "assassin" for someone who commits a targeted murder of a public figure is derived from the Order of Assassins, a militant order of Shia militants who operated in secret in Syria and Persia in the medieval period using targeted killings of leaders to further their ideals. They were so called because their operatives would carry hidden blades up their bunghole (or rear end) so it could not be detected by a conventional search allowing them to pose as courtiers and messengers to get closer to their targets. Eventually this caused Ahmad Sanjar, Sultan of the Seljuk empire, to invent the first body cavity searches.

I read this and I thought “you know, I had HEARD that the ‘hashish’ etymology was a myth but I never knew what the real one was, thanks!

...wait a minute”

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
The name 'Ghidorah' comes from 'Hydra' :doh:
Probably should have been obvious considering how Ghidorah looks.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Olive! posted:

The name 'Ghidorah' comes from 'Hydra' :doh:
Probably should have been obvious considering how Ghidorah looks.

The baby Godzilla Minya/Minilla comes from minira, short for mini gojira.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Uh, folks?

Welp, back to rinsing!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hyperlynx posted:

Uh, folks?

Welp, back to rinsing!

Sad to see another poster fall sway to the whims of Big Cavity

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Hyperlynx posted:

Uh, folks?

Welp, back to rinsing!

Nice photoshop, very convincing

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hyperlynx posted:

Uh, folks?

Welp, back to rinsing!

I don't know what to believe

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
gently caress it, I'm back to swallowing

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly, I'm just gonna start telling people to carefully coat their teeth in fresh toothpaste and let it sit for at least three hours because who the gently caress even knows

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Maybe the best policy is just to do whatever your particular tube of toothpaste says

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

The toothpaste company wants to sell as much toothpaste as possible, listen to a qualified professional.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

RJWaters2 posted:

:pervert:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Shifty Nipples posted:

The toothpaste company wants to sell as much toothpaste as possible, listen to a qualified professional.

Not sure if you're joking or not, but that doesn't make sense. You use exactly the same amount of toothpaste whether you spit it out or rinse and spit it out.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

RJWaters2 posted:

Don't forget to brush your teeth afterwards.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Hyperlynx posted:

Not sure if you're joking or not, but that doesn't make sense. You use exactly the same amount of toothpaste whether you spit it out or rinse and spit it out.
You spit it back into the tube, to make it last longer

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Colgate is staying out of the rinse/don’t rinse debate all together, but definitely don’t swallow.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

beanieson posted:

Colgate is staying out of the rinse/don’t rinse debate all together, but definitely don’t swallow.

"apply at least a 1 inch strip of the product" = "buy waaaaaaaaaay more toothpaste than you actually need"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

beanieson posted:

Brushers can swallow a one inch strip, as a treat

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I apply my toothpaste with a trowel and then fire it in a kiln

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

beanieson posted:

Colgate is staying out of the rinse/don’t rinse debate all together

Not in Australia they're not. That was a tube of Colgate I posted.

Simply Simon posted:

You spit it back into the tube, to make it last longer
Oh! :doh:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Memento posted:

"apply at least a 1 inch strip of the product" = "buy waaaaaaaaaay more toothpaste than you actually need"

I'm gonna have to check a British tube, because the guidance over here is more like "a pea-sized amount" IIRC.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The_White_Crane posted:

I'm gonna have to check a British tube, because the guidance over here is more like "a pea-sized amount" IIRC.

That's what I've been told by dentists in the US as well.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
That's because that's Colgate Sensitive, so it has additional properties and thus, most likely, requires "more".

Post a tube of Colgate Total or Max Fresh or just regular.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

The_White_Crane posted:

It's meant to be the same volume, just spread out over the head of the toothbrush.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Things I learned yesterday: it's not pronounced "Butt-a-geeg"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Phy posted:

Not having TV/radio news and sticking to print news online, I'm only now consciously realizing that I have no idea how to pronounce it since I've never heard it spoken aloud.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Not having TV/radio news and sticking to print news online, I'm only now consciously realizing that I have no idea how to pronounce it since I've never heard it spoken aloud.

"Boot edge edge." Would also accept "bootyjudge" or "rat faced gently caress."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I thought it was boot-edge Egg, but yeah having an unpronouncable name isn't helping him. Like Obama wasn't a super common name in the US but you can't really pronounce it wrong unless you're being willful.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Political slams aside, I don't see how you couldn't just lean into this. Like every ad at some point has one or more butts that he's looking at thoughtfully.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Phy posted:

It’s no Anthony Weiner though.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Alternative pants posted:

It’s no Anthony Weiner though.

Carlos Danger baybeeee

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Buttchug

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Captain Hygiene posted:

Political slams aside, I don't see how you couldn't just lean into this. Like every ad at some point has one or more butts that he's looking at thoughtfully.

I mean, we're talking about someone whose husband canceled a campaign event at a gay bar because the bar had a dancing pole.

FreeMars
Mar 22, 2011
Jurassic 5 and Dinosaur jr. are in fact not the same band

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Emily Spinach posted:

I mean, we're talking about someone whose husband canceled a campaign event at a gay bar because the bar had a dancing pole.

To be fair, someone did try and take their caucus vote back after the fact when they learned he was gay. The world we live in is very stupid

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Baron von Eevl posted:

I thought it was boot-edge Egg, but yeah having an unpronouncable name isn't helping him. Like Obama wasn't a super common name in the US but you can't really pronounce it wrong unless you're being willful.

I remember hearing British newscasters pronounce his first name as "Barrick Obama" (like an oil derrick) and have no idea where they got that pronunciation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

mojo1701a posted:

I remember hearing British newscasters pronounce his first name as "Barrick Obama" (like an oil derrick) and have no idea where they got that pronunciation.

Same, but with OO-suhmuh BIN luhDIN