Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
All around the world
We could make timerompin' and a stompin'
'Cause I'm in my prime
Born in the north and sworn to entertain ya
'Cause I'm down for the state of Pennsylvania
I try not to whineut I must warn ya
'Bout the girls from California
Alabama baby said hallelujah
Good god girl I wish I knew ya
I know I know for sure
That life is beautiful around the world
I know I know it's you
You say hello and then I say I do
Come back baby 'cause I'd like to say
I've been around the world back from bombay
Fox hole love pie in your face
Living in and out of a big fat suitcase
Bonafide ride step aside my Johnson
Yes I could in the woods of Wisconsin
Wake up the cake it's a lake she's kissin' me
As they do when when they do in sicily
I know I know for sure
That life is beautiful around the world
I know I know it's you
You say hello and then I say I do
Where you want to go who you want to be
What you want to do just come with me
I saw god and I saw the fountains
You and me girl sittin' in the Swiss mountains
Me oh my o, me and guy o
Freer than a bird 'cause we're rockin' ohio
Around the world
I feel dutiful
Take a wife 'cause life is beautiful
I know I know for sure
Ding dang dong dong ding dang dong dong ding dang
I know I know its you
Ding dang dong dong ding dang dong dong ding dang
Mother Russia do not suffer
I know you're bold enough
I've been around the world And I have seen your love
I know I know it's you
You say hello then I say I do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Can never forgive RHCP for doing Mr Bungle dirty before Bungle called it quits. Got them punted from some European summer festivals, greatly reducing the amount of Bungle live shows uploaded to YouTube. It must really suck being as insecure as Anthony Kiedis.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when i heard that song when it came out i thought some of the lyrics were like "ching chong cheng chong" etc and i didn't listen to it again

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Can never forgive RHCP for doing Mr Bungle dirty before Bungle called it quits. Got them punted from some European summer festivals, greatly reducing the amount of Bungle live shows uploaded to YouTube. It must really suck being as insecure as Anthony Kiedis.

mike patton owned kiedis so hard over that poo poo tho that i’m glad it happened

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

Stop listening to radio

My car has neither an aux jack, a tape deck, nor bluetooth so it's between radio, mix cd's, or the gatdang wind!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

NienNunb posted:

My car has neither an aux jack, a tape deck, nor bluetooth so it's between radio, mix cd's, or the gatdang wind!

Wrong! You could Sing yourself.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WatermelonGun posted:

rhcp are absolute poo poo

Lol, my ex wife is completely obsessed with rhcp to the point that she got a tattoo of their logo. It took me a long time to realize literally all their songs are about California, being addicted to drugs and underage girls or combos of all three.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Quitting my loving job tomorrow. So relieved.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
To my friends who were telling me my parents are jerks:

If you knew what I just learned your brains would explode. Let's just say I genuinely believe they are holding me hostage emotionally and it's entirely unnecessary.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

:smithfrog:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro may I PM you a detail I'd rather not share publicly ITT? I want to tell you because you seem to genuinely be invested and also seem trustworthy to keep the information in confidence. :)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If you knew what I just learned your brains would explode. Let's just say I genuinely believe they are holding me hostage emotionally and it's entirely unnecessary.
Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

gently caress man, i'm really sorry to hear this.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yikes :smith:

Hope you can get out of this situation. I dunno brother. If you need to just vent please remember you have a forum full of people ready to listen to your stuff because we lehit do care about ya. PMing brother Cav is s good idea. Take care friend

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

extradite THIS! posted:

Yikes :smith:

Hope you can get out of this situation. I dunno brother. If you need to just vent please remember you have a forum full of people ready to listen to your stuff because we lehit do care about ya. PMing brother Cav is s good idea. Take care friend

I mean I'm okay. Let me just say on one level I'm even more okay than I knew but I'm hesitant to talk about it because it's sensitive info and feels gauche. It's just so unnecessary how much they've been pulling the "BUT WHEN WE'RE DEAD" card.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

you got this. you got friends here.

i stopped talking to my mother a few years ago and it rules.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sorry as always life isn't treating you nicely, Foochs, because I legit don't know anybody who deserves nice things happening to them more than you do.

Punch McLightning posted:

Quitting my loving job tomorrow. So relieved.

Hell yes, good for you :hai:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Parents can be such fucks. Good luck SF if nothing else we have your back

I try to be vigilant of becoming that because one day I'll be an old parent and I don't want my kids to think about me the way I think about mine.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

NienNunb posted:

Do what I do: get a workable Bluetooth speaker, put it on your dash when you're driving, and connect your phone. I'm going to drive my car into the ground since it's paid off and I'm not going to upgrade the radio.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

Do what I do: get a workable Bluetooth speaker, put it on your dash when you're driving, and connect your phone. I'm going to drive my car into the ground since it's paid off and I'm not going to upgrade the radio.

I actually did that for a while but I'm just too lazy to be assed to do it. I'm fine and happy enough to switch between NPR, classical, and butt rock.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

I actually did that for a while but I'm just too lazy to be assed to do it. I'm fine and happy enough to switch between NPR, classical, and butt rock.

I wanna make classical NPR butt rock a genre somehow

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I wanna make classical NPR butt rock a genre somehow

this is yngwie malsteem

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Cavauro may I PM you a detail I'd rather not share publicly ITT? I want to tell you because you seem to genuinely be invested and also seem trustworthy to keep the information in confidence. :)

dang, sorry for not responding to this. I missed it some how. you can always send me a pm in confidence, if you are still feeling up to it.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Finally saw 1917. Goddamn

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

i'm still blown away by it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dangerous Person posted:

Roger Deakins: Yo I wanna literally restage the entire war in order to get the lighting conditions just right.
Sam Mendes: Let's loving do this :hellyeah:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i watched bob le flambeur and now im watching le samourai

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

sorry foochy baby that sounds like hell on earth and you're living in it. people here may get on your case for the tv shows you find joy in, but those same people would like it if your real life weren't marred by the nonsense that can happen. may your future be well.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This sounds lame as hell. Sorry man.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

yea ok posted:

sorry foochy baby that sounds like hell on earth and you're living in it. people here may get on your case for the tv shows you find joy in, but those same people would like it if your real life weren't marred by the nonsense that can happen. may your future be well.

I appreciate this and I appreciate all of you. You are all good friends despite any disagreements we may have about television and the sociopolitical ethics associated therewith. The only SA poster I genuinely dislike is a guy who got perma'd. He comes back sometimes. yea ok knows who I'm talking about. That guy stinks. Y'all cool though.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hang in there, foochs :(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

frig off for good, to that guy. not anyone else. should have set up the "frig off for good" words before saying them in case someone Else thought it was toward them.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I appreciate this and I appreciate all of you. You are all good friends despite any disagreements we may have about television and the sociopolitical ethics associated therewith. The only SA poster I genuinely dislike is a guy who got perma'd. He comes back sometimes. yea ok knows who I'm talking about. That guy stinks. Y'all cool though.

It's always hard for me to find the right words for these posts but I'm sorry for what you are going through

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Parents arn't supposed to be the worst. They're supposed to be the best. Shame on them.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

this is real
someone buy it for me

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

this is real
someone buy it for me

<3<3<3

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. I just ate some bad media and it's put me into panicked sadbrains mode and I hate this. if I thought my brain was just spouting nonsense I could convince myself of that and weather it but nobody has been able to disagree with the sadbrains yet. The sadbrains are right. They have to be. Nobody can prove they're wrong. I've tried. I've asked.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dunno what none of that means but hope you can think alright soon. le samourai fuckin ruled

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

The sadbrains are right. They have to be. Nobody can prove they're wrong. I've tried. I've asked.

Here's a cat snoring into a microphone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tA1Ld2uqkU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I was freaking out a bunch over primary bullshit and then I listened to a bunch of Chapo trap house and now I feel better because that’s apparently a thing about me now.

Also I bought a transformer and a history book. One way or the other I’m busying my way through this sadbrain stress mess until the cogs work themselves out just like they have every time before but jfc these are some stupid big cogs; gently caress you cogs

Here is a seal that always makes me happy. The seal is me; the water is life:

https://youtu.be/3L7VJl76i9U