Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Lol I wonder if it's irresponsible to directly use a brand logo.... Is the nyt more litigious than taco bell? We'll see...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Lol I wonder if it's irresponsible to directly use a brand logo.... Is the nyt more litigious than taco bell? We'll see...

I mean we could make it be a "C" in fancy font or something instead

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Change post with vote

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Siljmonster posted:

Change post with vote

change report to "boo"

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kingcobweb posted:

change report to "boo"

Quote is "clap"

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Side Note: the NYT font is "Chomsky"

https://www.dafont.com/chomsky.font?text=The+C-Spam+Times

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Siljmonster posted:

Quote is "clap"

i was thinking of "don't boo, vote"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
another good report button would be "To whom it may concern,"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

twoday posted:

I vote for the newspaper theme, there is a ton of media parody discussed in this thread, it can all be lumped together

the crappier the better, I say

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i love the idea of mashing the newsmedia stuff together into a melange of print, tv, twitter, old timey neesreel—w/e can be made recognizable and fun/usable. if/when there is a stylesheet selector, that style should be called Fake News, imo

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Make usernames read “This post has been funded in whole or in part by Squizzle” and I’m still pro making Avs look like ads.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Trabisnikof posted:

Make usernames read “This post has been funded in whole or in part by Squizzle” and I’m still pro making Avs look like ads.

Sponsored by (username) below the avatar like Twitter could be good, but having the username be the byline makes more sense for newspaper theme

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

That font name is just :discourse:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
replace the usual probation avatars with "democracy dies in darkness" in c-spam

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

replace the usual probation avatars with "democracy dies in darkness" in c-spam

or the "hillary with jail bars" gif

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The bbcode parsing code that I'd need to change to do "sources close to [user] posted:" is a loving mess but that's funny, I'll try.

before you waste a bunch of time trying to do this on the backend, please be informed that you can do this with css

you can use the :before and :after selectors with the "content" property to put text before or after elements

CSS code:
.postbody a.quote_link:before {
    content: "Sources close to ";
}

Main Paineframe has issued a correction as of 05:03 on Feb 7, 2020

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I’m currently sitting in the airport to travel to a funeral so if Jeffrey forgets about this thread again you have my blessing to send him mispellings of Trump in his PMs or whatever until he comes back

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

There are a ton of proposed backgrounds, maybe you guys could vote on them and then the mods could ignore the vote and pick their favorite?

I’m not sure which one would go with the media theme...

Trump burger feast is a great background but then it wouldn’t look like a newspaper anymore

Unless it was only behind the thread titles, and not the overall background? Then it would like like a picture in a newspaper

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

I’m currently sitting in the airport to travel to a funeral so if Jeffrey forgets about this thread again you have my blessing to send him mispellings of Trump in his PMs or whatever until he comes back
Nah I just had real life things yesterday! This is true in general though.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I return to endorse again my chill lofi hip hop jeb idea. Lowfi jeb should have a place in these forums, as well as a gif of everyone saying congratulations at the end of envangelion with jeb added in saying “please clap”

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the failing c-spam times

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

before you waste a bunch of time trying to do this on the backend, please be informed that you can do this with css

you can use the :before and :after selectors with the "content" property to put text before or after elements

CSS code:
.postbody a.quote_link:before {
    content: "Sources close to ";
}

Ahh perfect, thank you. I was shuddering at the abstraction-breaking required to make bbcode parsing per-forum.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
"the sources close to " quote text made me laugh

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

mysterious frankie posted:

I return to endorse again my chill lofi hip hop jeb idea. Lowfi jeb should have a place in these forums, as well as a gif of everyone saying congratulations at the end of envangelion with jeb added in saying “please clap”

if other people actually want this in a style sheet, i'll try and re-do that pic i posted but animate it this time

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Finicums Wake posted:

if other people actually want this in a style sheet, i'll try and re-do that pic i posted but animate it this time

It would be nice if Jeb! was just sitting there chilling in the bottom right corner of each page.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

code:
.bbc-block blockquote {
    margin-top: 8px;
    background-image: url(//fi.somethingawful.com/rfa/rfa-blockbg.png);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    margin-bottom: 18px;
    color: #444;
    padding-left: 160px;
}

or replace it with a different image i guess but one thing from lf would be kinda cool imo

also ill look and see if i can figure out some of the other css

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 22:26 on Feb 7, 2020

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
can we add Shadow to the copyright line

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if you do a background image stylesheet, is it possible for a mod to manually change the image on a regular basis or is this an admin thing

i like the idea of just changing the background image like every month or whatever instead of being stuck on just one image, but that process would be a pain in the rear end if it's not a mod that can just do that

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

code:
.bbc-block blockquote {
}

or replace it with a different image i guess but one thing from lf would be kinda cool imo

with jeb:

image used:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

code:
.bbc-block blockquote {
}

While this is funny it'd probably piss off a lot of people and get old pretty fast.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Finicums Wake posted:

The jeb! from earlier in the thread was really good!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This one

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Finicums Wake posted:

"the sources close to " quote text made me laugh

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I just want my Clap! button that pops up an image of Jeb!, like the YOSPOS Nice! button.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Loving the changes so far, just noticed the bluecheck for thread OPs and the quote text change

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Bring me your tired, your poor, your 10 best jebs for the clap! button.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

They should probably be kinda small since they're gonna overlay the page when you click on it - check out the yospos "Nice!" button for examples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Bring me your tired, your poor, your 10 best jebs for the clap! button.

I couldnt decide on the 10 best because Jeb! was a goddamn treasure.

Was this one after that Jim guy in the UK was outed as a pedophile?