Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I actually got an email this morning saying my reservation couldn't be confirmed and giving me no other details. Guess I'm calling customer service. Wish me luck. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
My wife and I are going skiing in a few weeks and Denver does not have R8s for rent. :sigh:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I called their customer support and their process is apparently "put in a request for specific dates on a specific car and hear back in 2 days if those dates are available because they can't look it up in their system" :psyduck:

I had the service rep put down a note that my dates are flexible and to call me. Also - Spain is literally the only place I can find R8s listed on their site. I'm hoping it's not a fluke/mistake. If it is, we need to send a joint letter to corporate and tell them how much money they're losing by not renting those things to rich car nerds.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What’s the most straightforward economic way to get into airport lounges? I could do AmexPlat, but my company has me book flights against charge codes and hotels against the company card, so no points for me. I assume there is no way to earn access to AA or Delta lounges that doesn’t involve shelling out or getting their cards?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
amex plat i got just for the lounge stuff.*

*if you book delta

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Current assignment is in ATL so ahyup. I’m doing 30 minute hops twice a week so I’ll never get status, but I will be plat at Marriott soonish. :toot:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah then it might be worth it for the free booze

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Residency Evil posted:

My wife and I are going skiing in a few weeks and Denver does not have R8s for rent. :sigh:

When are you going and can I tag along?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I was going to say there are PP lounges at ATL but then I remembered how garbage they are.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

yeah then it might be worth it for the free booze

There is some sort of path to upgrade the company Amex gold to Plat and get benefits and whatnot. I’ll look into it, but I want to say you have to be around a few years first.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
every platinum pass lounge i have been in has been garbage.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

When are you going and can I tag along?

We're going the first week in March. If it was me/wife only, for sure, but it's all of my old college teammates and the house is already full. :(

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

How early are you getting to the airport every week for a short hop flight?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Departure usually had me walking up as boarding starts if I time it right. However I’m usually at the gate at least an hour before boarding on the way back, that’s where I’m interested leveraging this. Makes for easier working than shacking up at some rando table that’s vaguely quieter than the rest of the waiting area.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

:lol: CLT apparently had a tornado (in the area) today and the FAA abandoned the tower. All is up and running now, but they’re still on a ground stop.

I don’t think I’m getting home tonight :v:

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Warbird posted:

What’s the most straightforward economic way to get into airport lounges? I could do AmexPlat, but my company has me book flights against charge codes and hotels against the company card, so no points for me. I assume there is no way to earn access to AA or Delta lounges that doesn’t involve shelling out or getting their cards?

AA Exec card gets you into the lounge and a proper membership. Additional cards ALSO get lounge access on their own. If you have family that travels it's actually a decent deal. I've got 4 people travelling independently on one account.

Edit: only AA lounges when flying AA.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Cacafuego posted:

:lol: CLT apparently had a tornado (in the area) today and the FAA abandoned the tower. All is up and running now, but they’re still on a ground stop.

I don’t think I’m getting home tonight :v:

hey im here too over in A sitting on a heater waiting for a conference call to begin

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

hey im here too over in A sitting on a heater waiting for a conference call to begin

My CLT-MCO leg was already cancelled, I’m stuck in CMH now, but re-routed through DCA which promptly got delayed, so I may miss that connection too. Weather :argh:

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
My office (in CLT) had shelter in place orders from the building security folks earlier today so it's not surprising that they cleared the tower. Hope yous guys get to where you're going soon.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The wife’s workplace in CLT got a bit hairy from what I understand. Is there a second line coming through around 6? I’d like to go home tonight.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Is Old Ox to Ariane (in green) a viable way to get to the rental car z0ne if 28 (in magenta) is messed up?

28 was fine today. Went from the 7-eleven outside the Costco there to the Turkish airline club in under an hour. Only part worth griping about is I don’t get to go on moon patrol.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Every Priority Pass lounge is a single glass jar of biscotti and six room temperature cans of Miller Lite.

Turkish at IAD has Hacker-Pschorr, I’m good.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Turkish at IAD has Hacker-Pschorr, I’m good.

LH had Spaten Oktoberfest a couple weeks ago; it was shibby.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Mackieman posted:

My office (in CLT) had shelter in place orders from the building security folks earlier today so it's not surprising that they cleared the tower. Hope yous guys get to where you're going soon.

we had that in my client's CLT office as well it was fun

i did make it out though, planeposting on my way to DTW!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The incoming flight from CLT was delayed by 3 hours into LAX, but there was a 4hour window before my departure so here's to hoping theres no schedulded maintenance and im getting out of LAX on time to MIA

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Ended up making the flight through DCA despite that being delayed too and got home about 30 minutes later than originally expected.

In a couple weeks I’ll be doing 2 weeks back to back in NYC at the Times Square Marriott. Who else will be in town?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Waroduce posted:

The incoming flight from CLT was delayed by 3 hours into LAX, but there was a 4hour window before my departure so here's to hoping theres no schedulded maintenance and im getting out of LAX on time to MIA

Did you eat or drink anywhere fun?

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003

pig slut lisa posted:

Congrats! Will this be your first time up front? My wife and I have done Cathay, Korean, ANA, and EVA premium classes on a few different trips and it's so much fun.

I've been lucky enough to do Cathay business and first already, and for this trip we have Singapore Air business class for hopping between cities, and then I'm most looking forward to JAL first on the way back. I had to plan 331 days ahead of time at 2 in the morning to snag that flight so it'll suck to miss out now, but dying sucks even more... so it is what it is. We'll see how it is in May, hopefully the number of infected starts to go down instead of increasing every day like it is currently.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

sellouts posted:

Did you eat or drink anywhere fun?

Being a well adjusted adult i spent both my nights dropping into MMA gyms. I ended up going to some famous burger spot on venice beach one night and a brewery with a lion and a bear fighting as the crest the second night.

Next time ill do a more toursity deal

I do appreciate the reccomendations this thread throws though you guys are the best.

I also arrived into MIA like 30mins early so yay

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Waroduce posted:

Being a well adjusted adult i spent both my nights dropping into MMA gyms. I ended up going to some famous burger spot on venice beach one night and a brewery with a lion and a bear fighting as the crest the second night.

Next time ill do a more toursity deal

I do appreciate the reccomendations this thread throws though you guys are the best.

I also arrived into MIA like 30mins early so yay

That's Firestone Walker and it's one of the best breweries in the country, nice pick. (And I don't even drink anymore).

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Water Resistant posted:

I've been lucky enough to do Cathay business and first already, and for this trip we have Singapore Air business class for hopping between cities, and then I'm most looking forward to JAL first on the way back. I had to plan 331 days ahead of time at 2 in the morning to snag that flight so it'll suck to miss out now, but dying sucks even more... so it is what it is. We'll see how it is in May, hopefully the number of infected starts to go down instead of increasing every day like it is currently.

Hah, I did the exact same thing for JAL First. It's worth it though, such a great flight.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
Stuck in Boston. The first flight I had was cancelled. The second flight has been delayed four times. So I may be here a little while.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

WTF. I specifically asked the Sixt agent for a call back and instead of calling me, they just cancelled my reservation again.

Does anyone know how I can talk to an English speaking human in Europe at Sixt?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

welcome to The Sixt Experience

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I just want to know if this car exists and if it does, when and where I'm allowed to rent it. How hard can this be :psyduck:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

KillHour posted:

I just want to know if this car exists and if it does, when and where I'm allowed to rent it. How hard can this be :psyduck:

theres an extremely good chance that nobody at sixt knows because This Is Sixt

one time i got upgraded to a 535d msport because they ran out of citroen c3s and gave me the runaround at cdg for an hour until they just gave me car at random

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

omg a flagship business systemwide upgrade was able to be confirmed at booking on the exact date I needed to travel and less than 90 days notice

miracles do exist

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

sellouts posted:

omg a flagship business systemwide upgrade was able to be confirmed at booking on the exact date I needed to travel and less than 90 days notice

miracles do exist

Go out and buy a lottery ticket!

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
Just found out I need to fly to Zurich for work. United has a direct flight from SFO, but it's through Swiss Airlines so they don't let you choose your seat, telling you you'll get one when you get to the airport. I'm 6'8", so just waiting and hoping I'm not stuck in regular coach is not an option. Ideally, I'd like to be able to book Economy Plus and use my shiny new Plus Points to at least get on the waitlist for an upgrade, does anyone know if this is an option and if so how to do it? I'm 1k, if that helps at all.

Giraffe fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I’ve flown them once and definitely got a seat but I just checked Swiss.com and there’s no problem choosing a seat while booking?