Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Studio posted:

Is there an official debate watch party tomorrow? I can actually make it to DC for this one :woop:

check https://map.berniesanders.com around you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Buttigieg is going to do terribly tomorrow night

so is bloomberg

everyone will be watching bernie and he will kill it as he always does

this time next week

the knee will be bent-

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

There was a specifically campaign run event for the December debate, and I'm not sure if there's something similar going on. Don't see anything on the website though, but I don't remember if the last watch party was on the map or not (I RSVPd through the restaurant website, not the Bernie map).

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

ok u stoics i will try again

Vice President Barbara Smith

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
President Bologna Sandwich

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

taqueso posted:

I don't know if bernie has a suggestion box or what, but I think he should stop saying "assault weapons ban". It is a super dog whistle to 2nd amendment people that would otherwise be people that might support bernie over trump. "Comprehensive gun control legislation" lets people project their views onto it.

Yeah I am sick of hearing about the entire topic. Its become a main issue for the worst no-other-stances dems (Fienstein) and needs to be dropped from the current battle.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/hasanthehun/status/1225556293148139521

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

bernie said those SDE's can S deez

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

put hillary clinton in a faraday cage and stop her from communicating with the rest of the world

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If the most unpopular politician in America doesn't like Bernie, it's probably good if she tells people about it.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

i'm feeling a little pre-nostalgia of, like, after we're all settled in and sanders is president, and looking back on the iowa cocksuccass

this is going to be part of the story forever

forever

this

what the gently caress

and bernie's gonna loving win, too? drat

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Alobar posted:

i'm feeling a little pre-nostalgia of, like, after we're all settled in and sanders is president, and looking back on the iowa cocksuccass

And waiting for the final FINAL results

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
My fear is that butt wins NH, bc then they can start calling him the next Obama even more and tap into the narrative for full propaganda value as we descend ever further into the hypernormalized spectacle. I don't know how well organizing will hold up to the skittishness of the centrist part of electorate who just want a nice bedtime story with a happy ending.

Bernie.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Strep Vote posted:

My fear is that butt wins NH, bc then they can start calling him the next Obama even more and tap into the narrative for full propaganda value as we descend ever further into the hypernormalized spectacle. I don't know how well organizing will hold up to the skittishness of the centrist part of electorate who just want a nice bedtime story with a happy ending.
no

quote:

Bernie.
yes

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://mobile.twitter.com/jacobinmag/status/1225706766328983553

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I'm sorry to arzy. But the DNC is our Great Satan.

Strep Vote has issued a correction as of 10:29 on Feb 7, 2020

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

goddamn I love bernie loving sanders

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

sanders can and WILL NOT be denied, god damnit the time is

crowd: NOW!!!

the time is

crowd: NOW!!!

THE TIME IS!!!

CROWD: NOW!!!!

senator bernard sanders will be the next president of the united states of america, thank you all.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Bernie sanders won, He will win and he will exterminate the little rat. the little loving rat that cant even eat a cinnabon without exposing what a little plague ridden rodent he is.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

quote:

Our ruling class can do a lot of damage in that time, but not as much as they could’ve done in the past three years. They couldn’t even find an anti-Sanders champion to rally around. In fact, they’re still looking for one, falling in love with a new politico only to dump them for the next hot young thing. We’ve watched as the media puffed up Beto O’Rourke, then Kamala Harris, then Pete Buttigieg, then Elizabeth Warren, now cycling back to Buttigieg and perhaps Michael Bloomberg. Like desperate, miserable Tinder users, they want somebody worth a swipe-right, but their heart is forcing them to swipe left.

a good article

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
My local Dems Abroad organizer had a friend drive for four days from Vancouver to Iowa to canvas, this is her story:

quote:

Goodbye, Iowa. But let me tell you what can happen. I'll call him Hakkim. I met him in a tiny Iowa town, knocked on his door. He said "I'm only 19. I don't know much about politics-- tell me about Bernie Sanders. What things affect his family? Unjust arrest, health care, college. He wants to go to trade school.
He spent a day in jail and has $1000+ in fines. What happened? He drove 45 mph over a bridge in his town--the speed limit is 45. He was taken out of his car and handcuffed.
"Hakkim, why do you think that happened?"
Silence. Hesitation. I want to hear it, even though we both know...
"Because I'm black." Like his Dad, unlike his Mom.
A woman's voice from another room chimed in. "My son has been harassed so goddam much --you can't imagine. "
She was skeptical about Bernie's medicare for all, a Republican all her life but she released a string of unprintables about 45. Then apologised. Why say sorry? This is a cruel administration.
Hakkim explained to his Mom that nobody should want to keep their expensive medical insurance.
"For one thing, the new medicare will be about one-tenth the cost, cover everything. For another, if EVERYONE pays into it, our country can afford it. Like Canada"
This kid knows a lot about politics.
I showed him a clip of Senator Nina Turner's "Hel-lo SOMEbody" speech, let a strong, black woman make my request.
Would he be a Precinct Captain for Bernie in his town?
Yes he would.
Will his Mom stand with her son?
Yes she will.
The field organiser called me after the caucus. She said Hakkim was brilliant. He had memorised a persuasive speech, delivered it beautifully, and won delegates for Bernie.
I imagine Hakkim standing there, tall, slim with his short dreadlocks, convincing other folks in his predominantly white town.
My message to you, Hakkim:
Hakkim, you can do anything.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

The Archaic posted:

My local Dems Abroad organizer had a friend drive for four days from Vancouver to Iowa to canvas, this is her story:

poo poo like this is how each and every one of us doing the journey to help organize are building an actual movement. God drat. It only takes one person to meet the next Hakkim and they'll meet the next 10.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:wow:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

thicc_waluigi posted:

1500 people have signed up to text for Bernie since the caucus.

On a scale of 1 -> Bernie...how good is that?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
bernie won iowa

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

corn on the cop posted:

bernie won iowa

Can confirm he won so hard he broke the DNC

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

This owns.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I'm the guy at the office who doesn't talk politics in the office

Almost at the point to start talking about Bernie though. Living in Seattle though I'm sure half the office is half radicalized due to Amazon loving us

I dont want to be that guy though who brings up politics

but Bernie :(

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Next time there's an awkward pause at the watercooler just say "... for real though, Bernie Sanders." and see what happens.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rabid Snake posted:

I'm the guy at the office who doesn't talk politics in the office

Almost at the point to start talking about Bernie though. Living in Seattle though I'm sure half the office is half radicalized due to Amazon loving us

I dont want to be that guy though who brings up politics

but Bernie :(

be that guy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the shame of Bringing Up Politics depends on what those politics are

bernie is cool and good so it's more shameful to NOT bring him up

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Pete: "Please clap." *runs behind a curtain and presses a button and runs out as applause abruptly starts and stops*

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the rat does that thing that Obama did where he just stands onstage and points out problems but doesnt actually talk about solutions or anything because he's not trying to solve problems he's trying to get people to vote for him

"people don't make enough money in America"
*applause*

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Pete: "Please clap." *runs behind a curtain and presses a button and runs out as applause abruptly starts and stops*

https://twitter.com/crazy_descent/status/1225764083187769344?s=09

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Yinlock posted:

the shame of Bringing Up Politics depends on what those politics are

bernie is cool and good so it's more shameful to NOT bring him up

Adding to this, the shame is in what you are bringing up politics for. Are you bringing it up to show how cool and smart you are? Then gently caress off. Are you bringing it up because you see the hurt on that person's face, and you want to help them attain a better life? Then talk about politics.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Aside from the rigged media, the DNC structure is just about the last vestige of Obama-era/neoliberal political paralysis. Great to see them imploding

e: Bernie of still gonna have a lot of push back from Dems, but Dems can actually be shamed and it's going to be glorious watching them wilt and wither under the heat we bring

Fleetwood has issued a correction as of 14:04 on Feb 7, 2020

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

pancake rabbit posted:

ok u stoics i will try again

Vice President Barbara Smith

Haha this would be pretty cool

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

My money pool dried up, and then I see this hose leading to an insurance company. So I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissin me off

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
did somebody create a photoshop mashup between a saint bernard (a good dog) and bernie sanders (a good politican) yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

gently caress the Mass primary is on March 3rd I need to find something useful to do.