Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CrazySalamander posted:

I recommend the show :siren:"Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It":siren:, which somehow did not get on the list for this season from what I can see. It premiered on January 10, 2020. I have done a 3 episode test and it reminds me favorably of Nozaki-kun, Kaguya-sama, and a little bit of How Heavy are the Dumbells. It's about two grad student dorks who think they might be in love and try to analyze it. Yes, this is actually an anime about adults, not high-schoolers.

Have you seen the Tatami Galaxy?

Yuasa directed, like AotD Eizouken, and it's about college students. The main character spends most of his time lamenting his misspent youth. Some of the supporting characters are in their eighth years.

Might be fun for you. Lots of fast talking and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

tatami galaxy is kinda a different genre though, wotakoi would be the actual close comparison for dumb adult romcom

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tales of Woe posted:

tatami galaxy is kinda a different genre though, wotakoi would be the actual close comparison for dumb adult romcom
Wotakoi (the anime) could've benefitted a heckuva lot more if it wasn't full-length episodes, though. Like 12-minute ep's would've honestly worked more in its strengths.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Wotakoi (the anime) could've benefitted a heckuva lot more if it wasn't full-length episodes, though. Like 12-minute ep's would've honestly worked more in its strengths.

yeah I wasn't a big fan. rikekoi seemed even more like that to me but I'm not watching it so maybe it manages to transcend repetitive reddit i fuckng love science gags

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

people talked too much like a shonen schrodingers cat explanation for this geek

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can't watch it because it brings up memories of being a grad student that I would prefer not to be burdened with.

I did like wotakoi though.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 4, 2020

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
If I didn’t try to read every het romcom manga under the sun, I’d probably be a CBS sitcom devotee anyway, so adaptations of stuff like wotakoi and rikekoi are just gravy to me

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Davincie posted:

people talked too much like a shonen schrodingers cat explanation for this geek

Silver2195 posted:

One of the few actually good bits of When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace is the chuuni main character winning a trivia contest where all the answers are things like Schrodinger's Cat, Gungnir, Gaia Theory...

What really makes it funny is that I'm pretty sure the Index/Railgun franchise has mentioned basically all of those concepts at some point, and the Index author seems to have misunderstood at least half of them.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I was on the watokoi train until it introduced a character that the viewpoint character assumed was male, and then a couple pages later had a strip where the joke was the character was a girl and the viewpoint character didn’t know. The title of the strip was “Did you think a BL plot was unfolding?” which was annoying

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Silver2195 posted:

What really makes it funny is that I'm pretty sure the Index/Railgun franchise has mentioned basically all of those concepts at some point, and the Index author seems to have misunderstood at least half of them.

Half seems extremely optimistic.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Half seems extremely optimistic.
Kazuma Kamachi gives zero fucks and just likes concepts that sound cool and screw the consequences or sticking to the letter/intent of anything. As long as he can give them cool nicknames like Meltdowner, Accelerator, Imagine Breaker, Violence Donut or Angel Fall.

A shame about the Index storylines increasingly striking out or the fact that, in about 16 years of publishing them, only about 8 or 9 months have passed by in-universe.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Heaven Canceller is the best raildex name

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tales of Woe posted:

Heaven Canceller is the best raildex name
Don't forget that he also uses Kamina's catchphrase. :allears:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

watching all this poo poo and the only thing i can think is
i want more adventures of a bookworm

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Aren't we getting two long-ish OVA's for Bookworm early March?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

haven't seen anything about ovas but we're getting the second cour in spring

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

It's getting both the OVAs and a second season.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i didn't know bookworm was spring already, i really liked the show so that's great

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I did not know about the second season getting greenlit! :woop:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
looks fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb5E_s_KNSE

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lots of Meiji stuff recently. Wonder why

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's like some sort of meiji restoration

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

Lots of Meiji stuff recently. Wonder why
I'm reading Emperor of Japan: Meiji and His World by Donald Keene right now.

This owns.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

theyre prepping for another war

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
But no Palace Meidi adaptation. Shameful.

Alfredo Jones
Jun 5, 2011

Pretty please with sugar on top?
As someone who keeps up with the manga version I'm kind of perplexed with what they're doing with Seton Gakuen. They're mashing like 3-5 chapters into a single episode. Some of it makes sense like episode 2 being a mashup of the introductions for the other Cooking Club members, while others like episode 3 feel kind of rushed.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Since it's been a slow news day, have a silly tidbit:

People are artificially inflating the score of Interspecies Reviewers on MyAnimeList- It is now the second highest rated anime of all time on their website.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

they also previously did it negatively to chihayafuru 3. good reminder that MAL scores should be ignored, given the influence of one person can shift one up or down by multiple points

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Why did they do that to that other show

I wanna hear this story

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
What did Chihayafuru do to piss off these dicks?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fangz posted:

Wasn't that the one where the author supported the Hong Kong protesters?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Fangz posted:

had a higher score than the big shonen series last season. not allowed

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Tales of Woe posted:

had a higher score than the big shonen series last season. not allowed

I thought Chihayafuru was the big shonen series last season

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

I thought Chihayafuru was the big shonen series last season
Chihayafuru might be published in a Josei magazine, but within its story lies a heart that burns as strong as any fightman/sports manga. :ssj:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Julias posted:

Since it's been a slow news day, have a silly tidbit:

People are artificially inflating the score of Interspecies Reviewers on MyAnimeList- It is now the second highest rated anime of all time on their website.
It has been the best ecchi/hentai ever made to so many people I guess.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Wasn't IR removed from a bunch of other sites as well? I think Amazon removed it. And one Japanese TV channel also stopped broadcasting it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

macabresca posted:

Wasn't IR removed from a bunch of other sites as well? I think Amazon removed it. And one Japanese TV channel also stopped broadcasting it

https://twitter.com/AnimeLab/status/1225615211593207808

AnimeLab's still going strong and picked up episode 4 with zero fucks to give on the matter, it seems. Looks like even though they've now merged with Funimation they are still thirsty as gently caress with their choices of simulcast. They have quietly dropped the dub version of episode 1, which is kind of a pity just in terms of archiving random internet stuff.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://twitter.com/BrittanyLaudaVO/status/1225582099341684738?s=20

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This is going to be a Thing with the anime chuds for a while, even if apparently it was pulled from broadcasting in Japan as well.

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1225692052580487168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the dumb conspiracy about the dub VAs or whatever is dumb but like, funi also did an extremely stupid thing.