Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1225818974585335809

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Deified Data posted:

This is very much one of those "Bernie take the wheel" moments where I just have to stop worrying and have faith the campaign expects the NH ratfuck and has some sort of plan. Because the only alternative is to just assume voting is useless and better things are impossible. Just keep banking and or donating and occupy your mind with something else because if the DNC has decided to rig NH we can do nothing to stop them.

it is safe to assume that the campaign that has been building for 5 years around a leftist who has survived 40 years of democratic ratfucking is neither surprised by nor unprepared for ratfucking.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

U-DO Burger posted:

man it's really hard to overstate just how much i despise the dnc right now

if they get away with it it's going to destroy november turnout, i can't believe they thought this isn't going to completely backfire on them
They believe losing the presidency again is fine but Sanders winning would destroy the DNC.

Unfortunately Trump winning again destroys democracy and the planet.

Serf
May 5, 2011

be more specific

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1225819491860393984?s=19

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Serf posted:

be more specific

Bill, he lost Iowa and NH in 1992.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

if yang is smart, he'll knife pete in order to ultimately back bernie and maybe get a cabinet position

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good. knife the rat and don't stop knifing the rat in his stupid loving face

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

e. Bernie is the Warhammer player with the beautifully painted High Elf army in the corner of the shop hanging out for pick-up games in this scenario

There's an entire community of players that do nothing but complain that prices are way over production costs and some factions' rules preclude them from winning.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Harrow posted:

I do enjoy that there are calls for Tom Perez to resign from both Bernie fans and Bernie haters because we see that he's trying to put his thumb on the scale against Bernie, while the Bernie haters have somehow decided he loooooves Bernie and he has to go. And now even House Democrats are willing to publicly speak against him.

Perez is hosed no matter who the nominee is lol

hmmmm. i take it back. Perez is a clueless stooge. the Iowa Democrats must be destroyed.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

Bill, he lost Iowa and NH in 1992.

well i suppose there's a reason to be somewhat hopeful then

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Think Yang will run for a House or Senate seat after this? Will he angle for a cabinet position? Or will he just go back to doing his normal thing until the next presidential primary he can run in?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

has it been indicated that there will be no further updates to the iowa count?

cuz like, its kinda weird when nyt and nbc won't verify the results

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Not gonna lie I think it's gonna be hilarious as Trump treats all of his uncontested primary "wins" as huge victories over and over

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The line for the rest of the year will be "so you expect this party to manage your healthcare?"

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Have...candidates not known whether they were going to be at the debates until the loving day of? Or is it just Yang they have this level of urgency for?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they even outline the order of suites in case both draw the same number. as long as an auto shuffler is used the cards are way better than coin flips

using the POG slammer method in order to assign delegates as necessary

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Heath posted:

The line for the rest of the year will be "so you expect this party to manage your healthcare?"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Harrow posted:

Not gonna lie I think it's gonna be hilarious as Trump treats all of his uncontested primary "wins" as huge victories over and over

Of course he does. Massive amounts of people don't understand that the primaries are just among the individual parties. I asked someone on Monday if they were watching the Democratic one specifically and they were like "no, why? Is Trump winning it again?"

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Serf posted:

well i suppose there's a reason to be somewhat hopeful then

Have I missed some polling somewhere? Last I saw Bernie was streets ahead in NH

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tirade posted:

polling last night has them neck and neck

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tirade posted:

There's one poll that shows Bernie ahead of Pete by only one point. Dumb babies here have been Arzying about it since yesterday.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Tirade posted:

i don't believe in polls, but i believe in deliberate, overt, out in the open ratfucking. the shitshow in iowa smells like the cia, and its not going to get easier

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tirade posted:

Buttsurge is real in NH apparently. There was a poll yesterday that had them pretty much tied and a couple polls yesterday showing Bernie still in the lead but Butt gaining a lot.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Tirade posted:

Yeah this sudden onset of total gloom from every where is freaking me out more than anything. Even in that poll done by the Israel guy that had the biggest Pete bounce that was all land lines had Bernie still ahead.

Serf posted:

i don't believe in polls, but i believe in deliberate, overt, out in the open ratfucking. the shitshow in iowa smells like the cia, and its not going to get easier

I mean if they are going to straight up steal votes then there's literally nothing we can do.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Looking forward to hearing about how Bernie's too old from Bloomberg supporters unaware he's only a year younger

Serf
May 5, 2011

Radish posted:

I mean if they are going to straight up steal votes then there's literally nothing we can do.

certainly not within the confines of bourgeois democracy, no

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

triple sulk posted:

if yang is smart, he'll knife pete in order to ultimately back bernie and maybe get a cabinet position

I'm cool with ubi in addition to all of the things bernie wants to do.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Radish posted:

And for that matter, as others have said, if Butt's lovely Iowa play gives him NH and it takes out Sanders, it was never going to happen for Bernie anyway. But that's not going to happen.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Tirade posted:

They're goosing the polls to make him neck and neck with Pete. I'm not concerned with how this shakes out in a straight race with only moderate amounts of corruption because the numbers are fake and Pete will go nowhere, but if these polls are being used as pretext to steal the race from Bernie when his lead was unassailable a few days ago poo poo is going to get messy.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Radish posted:

You don't speak for me. You have no idea what I'm capable of

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

im on pins and needles for the next hour because one of three things needs to happen either the iowa democratic party fixes the obviously wrong results and adds in the last half a dozen precincts and certifies a bernie win they double down on the probuttigieg results that have explicitly been called out by the actual relevant precinct chairpeople as being wrong or bernie formally calls for a recanvas

my guess is that the bernie letter from last night was a warning shot that they need to fix the errors or get dragged through the mud and the iowa democratic party is trying to decide whether or not the bernie campaign is bluffing i think the final results are going to certify bernie as the winner and theyre just going to pretend like all the errors were random coincidences because the long term issues created by just leaving the incorrect results up there and certifying them could destroy the caucus even if the bernie campaign backs down

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im arzying about nh

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
Any kind of Iowa bump is irrelevant until you make it past the debate. Pete is right in the Rubio position so it's not a done deal for him yet.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

America is really like the Bears in a lot of ways

Run by a billionaire that could care less about it?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

America is really like the Bears in a lot of ways

Exploits its workers?

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:

WampaLord posted:

:byodood: Expressing faith in Bernie's chances is complacency!!!!!

Now is the time to panic and be a sadbrains, not for hope! Hope is reactionary, despair is revolutionary!

Despair sucks, complacency sucks. Getting on a bus to knock on doors in New Hampshire to help make Bernie Sanders' win possible, though, is the good poo poo. Trying to predict the future sucks a lot compared to trying to influence it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

im on pins and needles for the next hour because one of three things needs to happen either the iowa democratic party fixes the obviously wrong results and adds in the last half a dozen precincts and certifies a bernie win they double down on the probuttigieg results that have explicitly been called out by the actual relevant precinct chairpeople as being wrong or bernie formally calls for a recanvas

my guess is that the bernie letter from last night was a warning shot that they need to fix the errors or get dragged through the mud and the iowa democratic party is trying to decide whether or not the bernie campaign is bluffing i think the final results are going to certify bernie as the winner and theyre just going to pretend like all the errors were random coincidences because the long term issues created by just leaving the incorrect results up there and certifying them could destroy the caucus even if the bernie campaign backs down

Unless I'm misunderstanding the rules for when a candidate can call for a recanvass, I don't think Bernie can. He'd have to make the case that the voting errors would change his national delegate count, and I don't think they would--I think he said as much yesterday.

One of the issues is that the media has decided to use SDEs--which are 100% meaningless to the nomination process this time around--as the number to call Iowa victory on. If everyone was reporting on the popular vote, Bernie would be the clear winner and I don't know if anyone would be bothering to call foul at this point. But the fact is that everyone's fighting over the SDE count and if Bernie wants to force the media to acknowledge his victory, he needs those errors fixed so that he wins the SDE count like he actually did.

And that's exactly why they're not going to fix them.

It's possible Bernie's campaign could sue, but I don't think he has grounds to call for a recanvass (again, assuming I'm understanding the rules correctly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Harrow posted:

he’s not wrong :negative: this poo poo makes the dems look even worse