Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Put a pendant in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Give Demon's Souls a gu.. wait a minute.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played it since launch, wasn't the pursuer was just some chump you fight near the beginning

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't played it since launch, wasn't the pursuer was just some chump you fight near the beginning

He shows back up a couple times if you backtrack in DS2 then put him in several more areas to block you

He's also a cool armored core reference

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1225781509031964675

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

he shows up a couple more times but i think at least one of them is optional. i think scholar added even more spots but i never played scholar because i didn't like dark souls 2.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this is cruelty

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I wonder if there is like a new generation of gamers that doesn't know she gets merc'd like barely 1/3 of the way through the game?

Or has it become part of the general gaming zeitgeist at this point.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i can't imagine that anyone hasn't but i doubt that's going to stop anyone from getting bent out of shape for posting "spoilers" for a game that's over 20 years old

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still think they should have a surprise twist and have Tifa die instead

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'll laugh my arse off if they release Aerith Lives paid DLC for Part 2.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

a surprise twist where they increase her tit size to appease all the gamers upset that they weren't casaba melon sized but then sephiroth cuts them off and she's flat chested for the rest of the game

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The remake ending has the Warrior of Light appearing to talk to you about the Dissidia Initiative.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

a surprise twist where they increase her tit size to appease all the gamers upset that they weren't casaba melon sized but then sephiroth cuts them off and she's flat chested for the rest of the game

:chloe:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaming in the Trump Years

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Saint Freak posted:

Retroactively add Dark Souls 2's The Pursuer to all zones of all souls games.

I wish he actually pursued

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sorry i don't know much about the final fantasy 7 remake except for titgate

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

exquisite tea posted:

Give Demon's Souls a gu.. wait a minute.

Shadow tower abyss exists already :)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zaphod42 posted:

I wish he actually pursued

He should show up again after you kill Aldia and if you lose he gets his own ending cutscene instead

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I'll laugh my arse off if they release Aerith Lives paid DLC for Part 2.

They won't, it would diverge too much of the story after that point and make them have to develop 2 different games

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

He should show up again after you kill Aldia and if you lose he gets his own ending cutscene instead

Yeah, also Iron King's spot too. But showing up in 3 fixed positions isn't the same thing.

I want a proper npc invader boss :)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
At the end god offers to resurrect Aeris, or resurrect all the NPCs you killed, or give you a million gil

Weedle
May 31, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Gaming in the Trump Years

it's just a compilation of famous streamers saying the n word

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

At the end god offers to resurrect Aeris, or resurrect all the NPCs you killed, or give you a million gil

There was a "resurrect your dog" spot in the one dlc they released for all the people who didn't

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pursuer in Scholar of the First Sin goes from an interesting foe you encounter a couple times prior to their battle to a yakety sax rear end in a top hat.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I <3 all of the pursuers you encounter, some are really nasty ambushes

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It turns out the Aerith was Sephiroth all along.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cowcaster posted:

Weird post imo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

There was a "resurrect your dog" spot in the one dlc they released for all the people who didn't

Yeah for some reason Molyneux was taken completely by surprise when maybe 3% of players chose any other option the first time and all of them regretted it later

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My FF7 faves are Aeris and Red XIII and nobody else really comes close to those two

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sephiroth descends from the ceiling and impales... himself! Epic fail Sephy. :xd:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

My FF7 faves are Aeris and Red XIII and nobody else really comes close to those two

What I'm hearing is that you hate Cait Sith and Emo Phase Dracula

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Saint Freak posted:

The remake ending has the Warrior of Light appearing to talk to you about the Dissidia Initiative.

Realtalk in FF14 when you find out that the world has been split into 14 different fragments I thought that was gonna be the true reveal that the game had gone Full Kingdom Hearts and that all FFs are Canon

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

cheetah7071 posted:

That's my favorite ship, too. --Prof. Hojo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey yeah let me rank the ff7 party members

Cid
Red XIII
Aeris
Barett
Cloud
Vincent
Tifa
Yuffie
Cait Sith

That's all of them?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I guess Sephy is a temporary one, he's between Barett and Cloud

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh hey i've got a question, who the heck is "angeal". is he just the guy zack thinks he is because of amnesia and zack is the guy cloud thinks he is because of amnesia.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sounds like the name sephiroth checks in as at hotels

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

oh hey i've got a question, who the heck is "angeal". is he just the guy zack thinks he is because of amnesia and zack is the guy cloud thinks he is because of amnesia.

he's just the mentor dude what which gives him the big dumb sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RBA Starblade posted:

Sephiroth comes down and seems to deliver the famous blow, but the camera shifts slightly to reveal Aerith is now behind Sephiroth and she is the one stabbing him.