Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Songbearer posted:

I remember being on the UT2K3 forums during the time of release and Cliff talked about how he liked "nerdy girls with messy hair and a bandage on their knee" or some poo poo

The guy is a real walking :wom:

I remember around this time, he was dating a teenage girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Who knows if this is doctored but I remember seeing this circulated around the time Boss Key closed down

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Songbearer posted:

I remember being on the UT2K3 forums during the time of release and Cliff talked about how he liked "nerdy girls with messy hair and a bandage on their knee" or some poo poo

i guess he took a break from jerking it to tank girl to post that

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

7 has a great setting and decent story but everything good about it was shamelessly stolen from Akira

the story isnt decent its a complete mess and insanely bad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Who knows if this is doctored but I remember seeing this circulated around the time Boss Key closed down

Did anyone tell him not to sign his posts

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
imo Microsoft should invite him in to consult and when he gets there the gears team just kicks his rear end

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I completely forgot Cliff used to post here

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Did anyone tell him not to sign his posts

A PEDERAST, Cliff

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
poo poo i could be the ideas guy just by tweeting at companies?? what have i been doing all this time...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I started lurking in 2005 and I don't think even at that time you could get away with a thread topic like that in GBS, I know that the forums have historically had an "edgy" reputation but was that really something that would have been on main

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

as long as the spectre of the extremely dead meme bowsette hangs over these chat threads horny is likely

bowsette must die

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
gibbis has irony poisoning

had? will have? has had? won't haven't?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The materia system is so cool

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grapplejack posted:

as long as the spectre of the extremely dead meme bowsette hangs over these chat threads horny is likely

bowsette must die

BOW
SETTE
IS
DEAD

FEB
THREAD
MUST
FALL

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

BOW
SETTE
IS
DEAD

FEB
THREAD
MUST
FALL

WELCOME HORNADOR

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
something something raincoats

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Phantasium posted:

he thinks they're magicians

that's Randy Pitchford, but it's a very, very easy mistake to make

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wow since when is Bowsette horny, maybe you should re-examine your attitudes towards women

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

She literally has horns

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

that's Randy Pitchford, but it's a very, very easy mistake to make

firing the intern in charge of my shithead rolodex

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

I kind of want a reptile pet

Don't listen to these squares, reptile pets own

Check your mammalian privilege walking apes 🐍

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Looper posted:

gibbis has irony poisoning

had? will have? has had? won't haven't?

It's not just gbs, it's everywhere

The irony is coming from inside the thread

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Irony is the shackles of youth" - some old bald dude

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Guys like Cliffy and Jaffe keep seeing themselves as young guns who hope they never have a "Miyamoto presenting Wii Music" moment even though both of them already did.

It already happened. You guys already had your moment when you got mad people were taking shots at your passion projects you, you already joined the old man club.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Songbearer posted:

I'll never forget some UT2k4 behind the scenes thing

Cameraman walked all over the office, all these people coding new features or working on animations

Gets to CliffyB

He's starting at a render of a woman's bust. He calls someone up on the phone.

"That looks okay, but I want bigger boobs!"

He hangs up, gets a poo poo eating grin on his face, looks right into the camera and goes "can you believe I do this for a living??"

Its like Chris Roberts "make that pixel green" but with added objectifying of women.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That looks extremely fake to me.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zaphod42 posted:

Cameraman walked all over the office, all these people coding new features or working on animations

Gets to CliffyB

He hangs up, gets a poo poo eating grin on his face, looks right into the camera and goes "can you believe I do this for a living??"

Its like Chris Roberts "make that pixel green" but with added objectifying of women.

That sounds about right

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

That looks extremely fake to me.
it's real

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is this an @realCliffyB vs @CliffyB situation

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ok I believe you.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Gets to CliffyB

That reminds me that when they were making Bulletstorm they had a woman producer who had to have a conversation with them to say, hey maybe the woman character doesn't have to have gigantic breasts, the response from them was disappointment

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

CliffyB used to post a ton of dumb poo poo and got probated a few times here way back in the day, so I can believe it.

The posts in the last page about him hating women and being a chud sympathizer are new to me to me and I'd like to see proof though. At best he was always a slightly edgy Twitter shitposter with no bite.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I don't specifically remember seeing him be explicitly on the side of GG or anything like that, in fact I think he got blowback from some of them because he was saying stuff (lip service or not) against online harassment, so maybe he learned some things over the decades?

That said his recent claims that he had become too "woke" and it hurt LawBreakers make no sense

May 8, 2006

he originally wanted it to be called Brabreakers

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That reminds me that when they were making Bulletstorm they had a woman producer who had to have a conversation with them to say, hey maybe the woman character doesn't have to have gigantic breasts, the response from them was disappointment

That was Adrian Chmielarz, the guy behind Painkiller, Bulletstorm and founder of The Astronauts (after he left People Can Fly) who developed The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. He argued during the development of Bulletstorm with producer Tanya Jessen about how the sole female character in the game should have giant breasts because she was supposed to be the "hot chick of the game." He's also a gamergater and one of those "Americans are too sensitive we don't have problems here in Europe" white dudes. He's currently working on Witchfire which is possibly coming out this year.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That said his recent claims that he had become too "woke" and it hurt LawBreakers make no sense

He's currently getting very upset at journalists who write articles about it. It's sad.

It's nonsense though. There's nothing remotely "woke" in that game and no one gave a poo poo about it either way.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm so woke, I haven't slept in 2 weeks

Thank you, I'll be here all night. Tip your bar staff

May 8, 2006

might take the chance on wolcen - i usually have a decent time with even okay diablos. i haven't tried the warhammer one but iirc i've heard it's decent

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hey the only law that game broke was "games have to be good" hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't specifically remember seeing him be explicitly on the side of GG or anything like that, in fact I think he got blowback from some of them because he was saying stuff (lip service or not) against online harassment, so maybe he learned some things over the decades?

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/1225261828810399744